are we very RARE now?

chitowncobra

Established Member
Well I feel so alone where I live in Tampa Bay Area in Florida. I guess our cars are very rare now! I'm the only 03 Cobra in my Area were I live, there was an 04 Black Cobra back 2016 that I seen that drove around a lot! Haven't seen it anymore in months since last year. about about 10 years ago there were at least 6 or more 03/04 Cobras were I lived. My speed shop were I go to has about 10 cars being worked on none are 03/04 Cobras, just newer or older mustangs and other muscle cars. Before there were a least 4 03/04 Cobras in the speed shop. Is that pretty normal for you guys out there as well?

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I think in my area it's only myself, TimsPony and Eatonualive. A few fake Cobras floating around too but in my neck of the woods they're few and far between.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm the only cobra in my town. But it's smaller, population of 13,500. A bigger town about 30 miles away has 1 maybe 2 cobras so I've been told.

cj428mach

Established Member
Apparently they're all coming to the midwest. In the last few weeks I've gotten word that 3 new terminators have moved into the surrounding area.

Hotwire

Established Member
The second day I brought mine home and went cruising, I saw one. We stopped at a local Sheetz and chatted. I also have one right in my neighborhood. Those are the only ones I have seen lately. Because I live within 5 miles of Fastlane I expect I will see more than most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotcobra03

Established Member
Same here..I do travel around and have only seen a handfull..

I have to say these still look bad ass when I do see 1..they stand out

I'm glad it's something you font see at every red light..

Wish there was a way to know how many are left..

I'm thinking half maybe

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I saw a silver Terminator getting off the freeway by me last Friday. That was the first one I've seen around here in a couple years.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
There's probably 5-8that I've seen around my town. Fairly big population though. I know there's one guy who owns both a mystic and a CO. And I just saw a sonic blue yesterday. Not gonna lie, I had a dog spotting a squirrel moment. Heard it, stopped and watched it until it was gone

jrichber

browser
Established Member
I know there are 2 in the town where I live, but on a poker run last year saw 4-5 come from surrounding towns. So they are out there. I wouldnt put them in the "very rare" column, as they are still around. But they are definitely not normal car to see around.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'm in a big metro area......and I don't see them driving very much at all. Very rare. I think most of the ones left are garage queens and you're not going to see them much unless you're in the right spot at the right time.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
we have three that i know of..

04 Competition Orange coupe, ported blower stock motor
04 Silver coupe, built motor stock blower
03 DSG coupe, stock except exhaust

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
I knew of 2 in my area, but they were both sold. Haven't seen any 500's either. See a few RS' tho.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Whenever I am driving my TR 04 I never see any other Terminators on the road. A few weeks ago I saw a Mystichrome in Shrewsbury MA driving with salt all over the thing. I was tempted to stop and harass the guy.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
As far as I know it's me and one other one "both are verts" in my town. His is driven daily so it is not a big deal to see that one. Mine comes out once in a while.

blownfox

Established Member
There are several in my area but I rarely see them. I'm one that CJ428mach was talking about. I let a good friend drive my car and then he bought one the following month.

On a side note, I get a lot more attention in my 03 OW than I ever did in my 93 teal cobra.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I wouldn't put them in the "very rare" column, as they are still around. But they are definitely not normal car to see around.

I think most of the ones left are garage queens and you're not going to see them much unless you're in the right spot at the right time.

I think you guys are both right. I do NOT see these cars as very rare just yet. My assumption is what you guys said (as mine are garage queens) plus the fact that you can easily obtain one by looking for one in the market section AND the selling prices are not astronomical. Therefore, they are not rare.

The issue is these cars are getting older and most people are not driving these cars all the time anymore. Therefore, you will not see them on the road very often these days. I equate this with the fox body mustangs as well. There were WAY more fox bodies produced and how many of them do you see on the road now?

So, I do not think the car is rare, but more people are keeping them stored and only drive them occasionally.

I know there are guys on this site from El Paso and this site is the ONLY place they have ever seen my Cobras LOL.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I see a few around my area. A friend of mine has a OW one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I equate this with the fox body mustangs as well. There were WAY more fox bodies produced and how many of them do you see on the road now?

I actually see a lot of fox bodies down here being daily'd......mainly the early 90s 5.0 gt's. Notchback lx 5.0s much rarer

I was cruising my tr coupe one evening and a super clean red gt pulled up next to me. I told him nice mustang! He told me it was near 100% stock and had 100k miles....he drives it daily. It was in excellent shape, I tipped my cap to that one

Users who are viewing this thread