are we very RARE now?

stowahstang

I got lucky and found a 2001 on CL and was able to sell my 96 V6 converted to a 5.0, 5 speed for more than what I paid on the cobra.
It's the only cobra in that year I've seen in town. I know of a Term but never seen it. Always see a few at the drag strip an hour south.
Production numbers on mine say 3867 total coupes and 556 with my combination. I would say that's a low number of production and could be rare but I don't know if the demand is out there yet.

Can't wait to drive it like is should be driven.
f97173abaf6501444acb3520bbc44b41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

04RFVert

Established Member
The second day I brought mine home and went cruising, I saw one. We stopped at a local Sheetz and chatted. I also have one right in my neighborhood. Those are the only ones I have seen lately. Because I live within 5 miles of Fastlane I expect I will see more than most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live in Raleigh not far from fastlane. Seems to be atleast 5 at fastlane everytime I go by there. There are about 5 or 6 on our local craigslist currently.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I see at the most 1 or 2 a year up here. Since 2003, I only seen maybe 1-3 a year around here. But let's remember that total production for the '03-'04 Cobra was only 19,140. Subtract any that have been totalled. And then you have a decent number squirreled away in garages as "investments". While I know that are states that have more than in other states, but IMO the car has always been somewhat of a rare sight.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I actually see a lot of fox bodies down here being daily'd......mainly the early 90s 5.0 gt's. Notchback lx 5.0s much rarer

I was cruising my tr coupe one evening and a super clean red gt pulled up next to me. I told him nice mustang! He told me it was near 100% stock and had 100k miles....he drives it daily. It was in excellent shape, I tipped my cap to that one

I guess it depends on where you live then. I love the fox body mustang and I'm on the lookout all the time. I have seen 2 or 3 running around here, but they are beat to hell and nothing special.

I wish there were more running around here...........

nxhappy

Established Member
I see a few here an there ...population is 600,000 lol

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Yes, "rare" is relative. While there were almost 20,000 03/04's made, that is relatively a small # compared to the mass produced regular vehicles.

I live in a semi-rural area on the outskirts of DFW. I seem to have the only crazy Mustangs in a sea of contractor pickups and family sedans. I only see another Terminator when I hit a car show in town. I also rarely see another GT500 and have only seen another Mystichrome once at a big Mustang show. As for 93 Cobras: none on the road. I've only seen one at the same big Mustang show. The 2000 Cobra R is on a whole different level. I had never seen one in person prior to mine arriving on a truck. I also never expect to see one in the wild or at any car shows.

So, "rare" is relative. Yes, sighting a Terminator in the wild is an extremely rare event for me.

DropSVT

Established Member
I'm in the gay area so there's probably over 100 near me

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

IllCobra

Established Member
Well I feel so alone where I live in Tampa Bay Area in Florida. I guess our cars are very rare now! I'm the only 03 Cobra in my Area were I live, there was an 04 Black Cobra back 2016 that I seen that drove around a lot! Haven't seen it anymore in months since last year. about about 10 years ago there were at least 6 or more 03/04 Cobras were I lived. My speed shop were I go to has about 10 cars being worked on none are 03/04 Cobras, just newer or older mustangs and other muscle cars. Before there were a least 4 03/04 Cobras in the speed shop. Is that pretty normal for you guys out there as well?

There is 1 other terminator other than mine in my tiny city, less than 6,000. But he works out of state and I've only seen it twice in the +3 years he's owned it. There is a gt that has been fully converted, externally, into a 03/04 cobra that i always see around. It may look nice but he also installed the cobra emblems which i can't stand; imo non-cobra mustang owners should never install cobra emblems. They can install cobra hoods, bumper, wing, etc. but when you put on the emblems you're saying it's a cobra, which it's not.

OP, for the last year I feel like 50% of the time I see terminators for sale on Craigslist it's been from your general area (Tampa). In fact, I bought my Cobra from someone in Spring Hill.

mark23svt

Established Member
In my town about 2 hrs south of SA that I know of there is 3/4 real cobras. Mine is the only sonic blue but there is two oxford white, 1 Silver and one mineral grey convertible. But none of them really well taken care of I actually feel bad for these cars. One of them they added a sun roof another the paint is fading pretty bad. Just a shame. There is a whole bunch of 13/14 GT though seems like almost every other corner.

JoeCobra

Established Member
I'm from an area that is very small(south east WI) but we have a few. I see a red fire coupe often that sounds nice, A silver vert that is daily driven in the summer regardless of weather,

Users who are viewing this thread