Are They Any Reputable ReSellers of Cobras?

wan2play

Established Member
Yes Hi-End Auto is. They are located in Appomattox, VA. If I was closer I would go there to trade my GT for a cobra in a heartbeat. Hi-endauto.com

They are reputable for their raping prices....Countless cars bought form these forums which were posted for 3-4k higher than paid. I'm not against making money, shit I have bought and resold many cars, but there are better options out there.

JackisBack

Established Member
Well, I must say that we at Hi-End are absolutely in awe of the responses here. We appreciate all the good remarks, really. We do try our best. Anyone who has been here knows what the deal is. We are a small, close knit shop, that works hard to provide the best looking and performing cars that we can within reason. It is very rare that I jump in with a post like this but I thought genuine thanks here was in order. Thank you guys for the support you have given us.

Most everyone on here knows I have a main job away from the shop. The economy took a turn and finally bit me. Lost my night job so now I have to float daytime work which takes me away lots. I apologize for not being as accessible as before. Irregardless I will get to you but always I will have someone to help answer questions even in my absence. I'm working as hard as ever to get through this. The shop is here running on all cylinders with everyone present as before. No let down there.

Anyone who has been here knows that we buy from all over the place and from every avenue possible including the forums. One thing is for sure. If you could average out the condition of the cars purchased cosmetically and mechanically and compare that to the average car at sale time there would be a dramatic difference you would see. Not all of them, but the average.

I feel we make a contribution to the community by having a 9 yr old car come in the front door and a beautiful, serviced, show ready car go out the back door. We strive to make our front line look like a Ford store back in 03 with a lineup of new Cobras. Cosmetically superior to any other dealer in the country bar none irregardless of mileage. Our in house paint shop will not be outdone. I strive to give our buyer the thrill of seeing a lineup of these cars just like if you rolled the clock back 9 years. Almost like a new car buying experioence. That is the feeling I try to create. We have actually had every color terminator made all for sale at the same time at least once. The selection is second to none. Low mileage, high mileage, stock, mods, doesn't matter. No excuses.

They are fit cars to the best of our ability. We test drive their cars, take notes, and fix every known item down to rack and diff bushings. There may be another dealer out there who may have dynoed a car before a sale at some point but none can say they have paid out of pocket for nearly 50 dyno tunes before sale. That is full tunes, not spinups. We spend money period. We have had countless dozens of cars purchased with dyno sheets that didn't match up at all with their performance shown and a/f off the chart. We don't dyno them all but we get a lot of them.

I wish I could do all the financing here but unfortunately the bad economy took that priviledge away from a lot of new, independent dealers, like I was a few years back. The situation is still no different. Fortunately we have the advantage of having a Ford dealer nearby and willing to work with our customers for a very modest fee. They have been providing a lot of our customers with solid financing options up to 72 months which is nearly unheard of for these old cars. This is where the rubber meets the road. Without good financing most people aren't able to get into these cars. In most cases our customers get the financing they want or approve of. We are indebted to the help of the Ford store for sure.

We appreciate the support of our past and current customers and those interested readers on the boards and elsewhere. Many, many thanks to those posters who appreciate what service we do bring to the community in general. Without all of you we would have no reason to exist.

JackisBack

Established Member
I wasn't going to say anything. It's not in my nature nor is it good practice to talk poorly about other companies. I won't speak on them but I will say that we try our very best to stay in constant contact with any potential customers and treat them like we would want to be treated.

and the list goes on. Look at high end auto and find me a KB or Whipple cobra with 30k miles for anything within $3k of the one I just sold.

Looks like you just did?

Mooseman0

Established Member
Just my 2 cents. I made a 5.5 hr each way trip to high end got low balled severly on my wrx wouldnt even try to negotiate a deal with me. They had like 20 cobras but only 3 ran the rest were blown up ect. I could go on but not ganna bash to hard. Good luck

He offered me 14k for wrx. Drove back to pa traded it in and they gave me 16750

04RiceEater

Established Member
I wil be looking for a nice 03-04 cobra in a couple of months. Black coupes only! Would I be able to message you on here house of power?

Joyrider564

Established Member
Only one I would go with is HouseOfPower. He is an enthusiast that enjoys the cars, and understands what it means to people to get a hold of a Cobra, especially one built to their specifications. Some of the other dealerships just see the enthusiasts as a way to make a few bucks and try to raise the price on the market.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Rob is a great guy to deal with at high end.. Has bought several parts from me and still keeps in contact.. Joe to is a nice guy to deal with.. Either way both is a +

HouseOfPower

I wasn't going to say anything. It's not in my nature nor is it good practice to talk poorly about other companies. I won't speak on them but I will say that we try our very best to stay in constant contact with any potential customers and treat them like we would want to be treated.

Looks like you just did?

nah, that's not bashing you in the least. I've recommended you guys several times to customers that I was unable to service. Hell, I only wish I we could have an operation the size of yours. As a friendly percaution I should recommend that you approach the staff about becomming an authorized vendor. I'm not out for a monopoly by any means (We can't nearly compete with your inventory) so I don't want to see you get banned for promoting your shop without being a site vendor. :beer:
I wil be looking for a nice 03-04 cobra in a couple of months. Black coupes only! Would I be able to message you on here house of power?

absolutely, However due to the sheer quantity of messages I get here I would recommend you either call me in the number posted in my sig or email us directly at [email protected]
Only one I would go with is HouseOfPower. He is an enthusiast that enjoys the cars, and understands what it means to people to get a hold of a Cobra, especially one built to their specifications. Some of the other dealerships just see the enthusiasts as a way to make a few bucks and try to raise the price on the market.

very kind of you and I appreciate that sincerely! I've talked to countless members of SVTP on the phone for hours on end and the end result is always the same.....trying desperately to help a fellow enthusiast get into THE car they want at THE price they want to spend in THE condition they expect. Our business model is extremely unique. Once our website is up you will more than likely never click on our inventory tab and see 10-15 cars on our "lot". rather than spending $100k on cars just to say we have a lot in stock makes no sense to me when I would MUCH prefer to have ZERO in stock cars and handle each customer on a completely individual and intimiate (not the sexual type) level. I don't want a customer to feel that they need to make a sacrifice on any aspect of a desired car. I want them to know that they can be as specific as they please and in the end feel great about the fact that I'm going to hand them the keys to a car that is identical to what they envision. We take our buyer's investments very very seriously. It's unacceptable for someone spending their hard earned money to have to "settle" just because I don't have what they want on hand. Here's essentially how we work.....You contact us with your exact specifications of a desired car, down to the color of your calipers. We rigorously search until we find the RIGHT car and then custom modifiy it to your liking in house. We will not ask for payment on any car until it's exactly as you want it. Furthermore we set a price on a car BEFORE we initiate a search. That way the custumer is not worrying whether or not they will be nickled and dimed to death if the car ends up needing a repair or part when undergoing our inspection prior to delivery. The price is the price. There are so many more intricate details that allow us to stand out but I'd be typing all day. In the end the bottom line is 1) we want you to buy the car that you want....not the one we want you to buy 2) we want you to feel like you're more than a dollar sign. 3) we want you to have a clear understanding that you will not be put behind the wheel of any car that we would not be proud to own ourselves. On average we probably end up purchasing only 1 or 2 out of every 10 cars we look at due to an overwhelmingly high set of standards that we have set. Bottom line, it's not a car purchase....it's much more. It's an investment and that is something not taken lightly.
Rob is a great guy to deal with at high end.. Has bought several parts from me and still keeps in contact.. Joe to is a nice guy to deal with.. Either way both is a +

Thanks buddy.

Last edited:

xchamp

Established Member
I talked to Joe at HOP for the first time on Friday, ordered my SB Cobra on Saturday. U just got to talk to the guy and see how he operates and u will be sold!! I told him that buying a car from him is like walking into a Ford Dealership in 2003, filling out the option sheet and placing the order!! Cant wait to see Joe work his magic on my new ride!!:beer:

Last edited:

Willykink

Established Member
Texas Hot Rides

"if you want a TX dealer then these guys are great and do a lot of trades. I was close but found another ride, otherwise I wouldve bought from them. http://www.texashotrides.com/"

I just recently(Feb '12) bought my almost flawless 04 Mystic vert from Texas Hot Rides and would recommend them as a decent reseller. Got a built Mystic with around 41k miles and about 540rwhp from a polished Whipple 2.3 for around $26k.

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
I don't often post positive reviews but Joe definitely earned it.

3 words – :burnout:HOUSE OF POWER. :rockon::rockon::rockon: Absolutely the best. Starting from Joe’s communication and customer service all the way to the smallest detail –top notch.

From day one, it was all about punctuality and visibility into everything to do with the car.
Clear and open communication? Check. We probably spent a total of 2-2.5 hours on the phone throughout the first day alone.
Quick response rate? Check. He is very quick with responding to text messages, PM's as well as responding to any requests you may have, including pictures, videos, etc. He sent me 3 videos within an hour of me requesting them, and this is in the middle of a work day.

I flew out to meet him and see the car for myself 2 days after we spoke and he was a man of his word.
Trustworthy? Check. The car was as immaculate if not more so as he described. I think he downplayed it a little on purpose to make sure there weren't any disappointments. Joe, make your moto something like: Client wants it, client gets it. It's incredible to what lengths he went to make sure I was satisfied.

Satisfaction guaranteed? Check. While I was walking around the car, I mentioned that once I get home, I will probably do the fog light mod because I’ve always liked that look. He had dinner plans that night with the wife and despite that, literally, no more than 2 hours after he dropped me off at the airport, I had a text from him with a picture - fog light mod done! It was never even my intention to have him do this but the guy is so dedicated, it's incredible!

Will go above and beyond? Check. He blacked out the tail lights on his own dime JUST BECAUSE he thought I would like that look better! And this is AFTER we ALREADY agreed on the price! He went out and purchased a set of lockable lug nuts ON HIS OWN DIME because I asked him if he had something like that or if I should look into getting them myself… in all honesty, I didn’t think this transaction could get any better than that…

Boy was I wrong.
Go to extreme length to satisfy client? Check. Today is Sunday. I flew to SC and saw the car yesterday. Joe JUST called me to tell me that he was able to convince the trucking company to pick up the cobra TOMORROW with a delivery date of TUESDAY! When they called me, the woman said that I must be one important client because Joe really pushed us to get his car delivered QUICK. Personally though, I think he gives this kind of service to everyone he deals with because every other review I’ve seen were nothing but stellar.

Everything about this transaction was a 10 out of 10..

…..Except the weather in SC… Joe, I don’t know how you guys handle that much humidity and it’s only April…:shrug:

Last edited:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I don't often post positive reviews but Joe definitely earned it.

3 words – :burnout:HOUSE OF POWER. :rockon::rockon::rockon: Absolutely the best. Starting from Joe’s communication and customer service all the way to the smallest detail –top notch.

From day one, it was all about punctuality and visibility into everything to do with the car.
Clear and open communication? Check. We probably spent a total of 2-2.5 hours on the phone throughout the first day alone.
Quick response rate? Check. He is very quick with responding to text messages, PM's as well as responding to any requests you may have, including pictures, videos, etc. He sent me 3 videos within an hour of me requesting them, and this is in the middle of a work day.

I flew out to meet him and see the car for myself 2 days after we spoke and he was a man of his word.
Trustworthy? Check. The car was as immaculate if not more so as he described. I think he downplayed it a little on purpose to make sure there weren't any disappointments. Joe, make your moto something like: Client wants it, client gets it. It's incredible to what lengths he went to make sure I was satisfied.

Satisfaction guaranteed? Check. While I was walking around the car, I mentioned that once I get home, I will probably do the fog light mod because I’ve always liked that look. He had dinner plans that night with the wife and despite that, literally, no more than 2 hours after he dropped me off at the airport, I had a text from him with a picture - fog light mod done! It was never even my intention to have him do this but the guy is so dedicated, it's incredible!

Will go above and beyond? Check. He blacked out the tail lights on his own dime JUST BECAUSE he thought I would like that look better! And this is AFTER we ALREADY agreed on the price! He went out and purchased a set of lockable lug nuts ON HIS OWN DIME because I asked him if he had something like that or if I should look into getting them myself… in all honesty, I didn’t think this transaction could get any better than that…

Boy was I wrong.
Go to extreme length to satisfy client? Check. Today is Sunday. I flew to SC and saw the car yesterday. Joe JUST called me to tell me that he was able to convince the trucking company to pick up the cobra TOMORROW with a delivery date of TUESDAY! When they called me, the woman said that I must be one important client because Joe really pushed us to get his car delivered QUICK. Personally though, I think he gives this kind of service to everyone he deals with because every other review I’ve seen were nothing but stellar.

Everything about this transaction was a 10 out of 10..

…..Except the weather in SC… Joe, I don’t know how you guys handle that much humidity and it’s only April…:shrug:

Wow great to hear such an incredible review! I as well can definitely vouch for everything said here, Joe is a great guy and incredible to deal with. If you have the opportunity, DO IT!!:rockon::rockon: I will hopefully be posting my own review within the next couple months;-):banana::banana:

HouseOfPower

Thanks so much. We work tirelessly (literally most nights We're communicating with customers in some form or fashion until midnight!) to try and be the very best option out there for this community and others to purchase all types of latmodel muscle cars and even parts. We take what we do VERY seriously and want to make a name for ourselves if for no other reason then fantastic communication and customer service. By no means am I saying we're the end all be all but it's definitely not for lack of effort. It's getting increasingly difficult to find quality, unabused, and well built cars. Sometimes we are fortunate enough to find cars that are already most of the way done and a lot of times we take them on from scratch. Regardless, EVERY car we touch will have our signature touches that buyers have become accustomed to seeing. We refuse to put someone behind the wheel of a car that we wouldn't love to own ourselves. Again, I'm absolutely and totally humbled and blessed by all the support. The ability to work with the customers we have thus far and will in the future is a privilege NOT a right!!!:beer:

can04cobra

Established Member
Personally House of Power is a #1 choice in my books!! been working with Joe for the last couple of months putting an engine together for my car. I have nothing but good things to say he always responds to my msgs and texts in a very quick time if not almost immediately. Any part that is going into the engine we have talked about in detail. Even when I have questions late at night he always responds. The customer service I have experienced is amazing. I have dealt with many companies before and you dont get this kind of service from any of them! Trust me when I say use House of Power you will not be disappointed! Thanks again to Joe and House of Power its been a great experience and when I need something else or a new toy I`ll be calling you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread