Are there any other watch enthusiasts here? Some of my Watch Collection.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Very nice man! Hey, when I was around 10 or so I had a Timex too. I thought the Indiglo was the coolest thing in the world. Of course I would just keep pressing it to see the glow not understanding that drains the battery.

If you look in my earlier posts I have a Seiko MM 300 with the 8L35 handmade movement made in an island in Japan. I named it in my other post, but from memory I will totally screw up the spelling of the name of the island. No joke, between that watch and my Breitling Superocean OuterKnown, i've never had a watch with a lume that lasted that long that used traditional Super Luminova. The only watch that has the best lume, and i'm sure pricier models are brighter due to more tubes, but still hold the same length of lume is my Ball Roadmaster Marine GMT Ceramic. It has 28 tritium tubes, in-house movement, COSC certified, Titanium case & Ti bracelet w/ SS interlocking pieces, and it uses pushers on the left-hand side of the watch to move the GMT hand, something i've never seen before. Ball Watches always give a big bang for your buck IMO and aren't as appreciated by many. I got the Chocolate version, which is brown & black, not really my favorite color combo, but I bought it pre-owned so I didn't have much say and since every dial/bezel combo was limited to 1,000 pieces, most other colors were sold out already. That watch though has a 24 hour lume, I would put it next to my bed at night and the lume is so bright you can see it perfectly.

Great watch, but not using 90% Titanium didn't make it as light as I thought, same with my Balt-Pilot Ti Baltimore watch. The company who does Ti right and light is RZE IMO. Plus their pieces ranges from $450-$700 range. They can do this because they're using TMI NH34, 35, 38, etc. movements. I have no issue with using Seiko 3rd party movements. 1/3 of small business watch companies wouldn't have got their start without the NH34/35, or Sellita SW-200. ETA has been showing preferential treatment ever since they bought out ETA from Eterna, the company who came up with it all, yet I never hear anyone talk about Eterna watches. I love their Kontiki line. I have a Legacy 1948. Not exactly a watch I wanted more than anything, but the watch has a blue dial and 1948 engraved in the case, same year my Dad was born. Now that he's gone, I find myself looking for things that represent him in some way. After all, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be into watches or cars. I owe a debt to him. I'm thinking of engraving something into the Rolex he gave me since I will never sell it. First I have to finish servicing it. Lining up these damn gears and getting them to not fall over is difficult.
My older watches, I ahve a 1958 Longines is starting to show it wear. Main spring is weak with a amplitude of about 180. The 1964 Omega I am sure has an arbor jewel rocking that hits both beat error and variations in amplitude and goes from losing various seconds per day, up and down.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I had an Omega Aqua Terra Quartz and a Breitling Wings Automatic. Sold them a few years ago. Always liked the Rolex Submariner but just can't justify the cost.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
here are a couple of my Soviet watches. My mother in law lives in Lithuania and she feeds my addiction, enabling bitch! Lol
IMG_20231021_091245_612.jpg

A little radioactive fella here.

IMG_20231021_091331_868.jpg

Last edited:

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Do not laugh but this 99 dollar watch is one of the most accurate of the bunch. I will break out the timegrapher later amd show you. Invicta calls this the 1953 and obviously an homage watch. Lume is not great but I jumped on it before they sold out. Now people are cultish about her. You could say the accuracy was a fluke build but consensus is they did a solid build on this cheap watch.

16978946612116083381477975143518.jpg

Last edited:

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
here are a couple of my Soviet watches. My mother in law lives in Lithuania and she feeds my addiction, enabling bitch! LolView attachment 1813966

A little radioactive fella here.

View attachment 1813967

Very nice! I like that Cratia, or whatever it might be called. I'm not familiar with that brand, but it looks nice with the baton hands and i'm a sucker for green dials. Reminds me of a Zodiac.

I don't know if I got a dud or something, but I bought a Vostok Amphibia w/ the scuba man on the dial brand new, wrapped in plastic and it did not work at all. I tried hand-winding it and shaking it to get the rotor to spin to get the mainspring some stored energy and it just wouldn't work no matter what. I know they have great reviews for a watch in that price range, but mine was a no-go. I might pick up another one just to make sure mine was an anomaly. Your vintage one is nice though!

That Ball watch is nice, I really like most all of their watches. Besides my Roadmaster Marine GMT Ti, I used to have a Ball Trainmaster Cannonball Chronograph which I liked and thought the 12 o'clock date window was neat since I don't see that on other watches. I really liked the hidden clasp design, but at 43mm and the fact it was pretty heavy made me want to sell it.

I like that design of the Swiss Army watch, reminds me of a Hamilton, which I can't remember the name off the top of my head which i've been thinking about picking up since it's around $800 which isn't bad.

That Invicta is definitely supposed to look like a Tudor BB58, which I have in Navy Blue in 39mm. Vintage Invictas are pretty cool and completely Swiss. I'm talking late 1800s to around 1960-70s.

Sorry I didn't multi-quote, but it didn't work for some reason or maybe I was doing something wrong.

I'll show you my vintage Bulovas. My SS Rolex DJ is vintage since it's from 1980, but my 2-tone version with 18kt gold is also vintage since it's from 1987, but it's in such good condition, it looks like a mid 90s version. But, for these purposes my vintage pieces i'll show will be 1950/1960s like my Bulovas and my 1960 Omega Seamaster I showed you.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Very nice! I like that Cratia, or whatever it might be called. I'm not familiar with that brand, but it looks nice with the baton hands and i'm a sucker for green dials. Reminds me of a Zodiac.

I don't know if I got a dud or something, but I bought a Vostok Amphibia w/ the scuba man on the dial brand new, wrapped in plastic and it did not work at all. I tried hand-winding it and shaking it to get the rotor to spin to get the mainspring some stored energy and it just wouldn't work no matter what. I know they have great reviews for a watch in that price range, but mine was a no-go. I might pick up another one just to make sure mine was an anomaly. Your vintage one is nice though!

That Ball watch is nice, I really like most all of their watches. Besides my Roadmaster Marine GMT Ti, I used to have a Ball Trainmaster Cannonball Chronograph which I liked and thought the 12 o'clock date window was neat since I don't see that on other watches. I really liked the hidden clasp design, but at 43mm and the fact it was pretty heavy made me want to sell it.

I like that design of the Swiss Army watch, reminds me of a Hamilton, which I can't remember the name off the top of my head which i've been thinking about picking up since it's around $800 which isn't bad.

That Invicta is definitely supposed to look like a Tudor BB58, which I have in Navy Blue in 39mm. Vintage Invictas are pretty cool and completely Swiss. I'm talking late 1800s to around 1960-70s.

Sorry I didn't multi-quote, but it didn't work for some reason or maybe I was doing something wrong.

I'll show you my vintage Bulovas. My SS Rolex DJ is vintage since it's from 1980, but my 2-tone version with 18kt gold is also vintage since it's from 1987, but it's in such good condition, it looks like a mid 90s version. But, for these purposes my vintage pieces i'll show will be 1950/1960s like my Bulovas and my 1960 Omega Seamaster I showed you.
the Russian watch is a Slava.
The Cyrillic is close to Claba.

Buying vintage watches is tricky as you probably know. Then throw a soviet make on top of that. Can be hit or miss. At thebpeice range buying a few if the same make and model can usually end up with a running watch, lol.

The swiss army is a quartz and I have not replaced the battery in a long time. If interested give me a price or pm me and we can figure something out. I am not big into profiteering so 800 would be too high honestly. This is why I would never be a good business man.

Last edited:

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Here are my vintage Bulovas. My 1955 one in the case with the blue fabric on the case is in MINT condition. This watch looks like it is brand new with no signs of wear. Out of all the different vintage watches i've owned, i've never had a watch this old in such immaculate condition.

I broke the glass on the watch with the leather strap while I was servicing it and I cannot find a replacement since it's a 1952 piece. A WUS forum member was nice enough to send me a hardlex crystal that he thought might fit, but unfortunately it didn't fit. He sent it to me for free, even though I said I would pay for it and he said no need and I told him to at least let me pay for for shipping and again he said no need. Another reason why I love forums in general. Same thing happened when I was on 4eyepride and looking for the thin metal frame for the headlights on my 86' and a member sent them to me for free. He did at least let me give him $5 for shipping, even though i'm pretty sure it cost more.

Anyways, here's my vintage Bulovas...

V-1.jpeg

V-2.jpeg

The movement after I serviced it on Bulova on the brown strap. The strap is temporary since I don't have any other 18mm strap right now. I also broke the crown by accident, so i'm trying to think how to fix that. That's the only issue having vintage watches and servicing them yourself.
V-6.jpeg

V-3.jpeg

V-4.jpeg

V-5.jpeg

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That band on your center watch looks just like the one on the Swiss Army. I am on WUS too, Sergeant Major.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
the Russian watch is a Slava.
The Cyrillic is close to Claba.
Oh ok, completely forgot it would be in cyrillic.

I sold my Zelos Swordfish and would love to have a Zelos Aurora Ti. Only issue is Zelos watches sell out in like 30 seconds after a new line is released. That's why I like RZE with their Ti watches, but now people have caught on and since they can't pick up a Zelos new from their website, they have the same idea and now RZE is selling out insanely fast. Both companies are in Singapore interestingly enough.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
That band on your center watch looks just like the one on the Swiss Army. I am on WUS too, Sergeant Major.

Awesome! Your name sounds familiar. My username on there is BoostMasterZero. If there's ever a watch for sale I post and you're interested, let me know and i'll give you a discount.

I need to update my watch list on there since I have some new-to-me pick ups and i've traded some watches as well for pieces I haven't listed.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Awesome! Your name sounds familiar. My username on there is BoostMasterZero. If there's ever a watch for sale I post and you're interested, let me know and i'll give you a discount.

I need to update my watch list on there since I have some new-to-me pick ups and i've traded some watches as well for pieces I haven't listed.
I do mostly reading but do post. As you can tell I am at the point of selling off to cull the herd. Probably start listing a few soon myself.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Here is another Seiko ProSpex.
It is a regular model with a baby blue waffle dial. I use it when I am out shell hunting in the gulf of Mexico.
IMG_20231021_161519_371.jpg
IMG_20231021_161410_500.jpg

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I do mostly reading but do post. As you can tell I am at the point of selling off to cull the herd. Probably start listing a few soon myself.
I feel it man. I sold off a bunch of watches in order to pick up 5-7 watches that cost a bit more, but that way I would have a rotation I would actually wear since whenever I own a ton of watches I still find myself wearing the same 4-5 watches all the time.

Let me know what you decide selling and I might be a buyer or if you're looking for a trade, I can do that too. I have quite a few brand new Fox parts and used ones, or I could trade you a watch or do a partial trade.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
That's really nice! I still haven't bought a Grand Seiko, but it's on my list to pick up eventually. Here's my Seiko PADI Prospex on an authentic Tropic strap. The pip doesn't line up exactly, which i'm sure you know is a known issue on quite a few Seiko Prospex watches.

Seiko-1.jpeg

It's SBDC055, pretty much a 62MAS reissue of sorts.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That's really nice! I still haven't bought a Grand Seiko, but it's on my list to pick up eventually. Here's my Seiko PADI Prospex on an authentic Tropic strap. The pip doesn't line up exactly, which i'm sure you know is a known issue on quite a few Seiko Prospex watches.

It's SBDC055, pretty much a 62MAS reissue of sorts.
He is the GS with custom strap by Gunny straps. He has made a few for me over the years.

Crazy, now photos too big. Let me try something.

Screenshot_20231021-203707.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231021-203645.png
    Screenshot_20231021-203645.png
    1 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread