Are there any other watch enthusiasts here? Some of my Watch Collection.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I about shit a brick then realized it was the titanium case. I usually just get the standard, non-cellular one when Chase does a sale with a bonus on points. Get the watch for "free" and sell the old one for $150-$200
Yeah I got a new Iwatch with a new phone but saw this one. I bought it for full value and the other brand new one is in a drawer..lol. Maybe I'll gift it at Christmas.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Nothing crazy here just a Citizen. It's a cool enough watch, but I don't really like wearing watches.
IMG_1828.jpeg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Many watch enthusiasts I come across are usually into cars i've noticed. Just curious if anyone here is also into watches as well.

View attachment 1791703
View attachment 1791704
Tutima Grand Flieger w/ ETA 2836-2 modified by Tutima, Monta Skyquest GMT w/ Pepsi bezel & Gilt dial. V1 w/ the ETA movement instead of the Sellita movement which is is more desirable and harder to find. The case design is slightly different than the V2 that just came out. 1968 Bulova 10kt. gold & 1952 Bulova that is self-winding which wasn't really found on pretty much every watch of that era.
View attachment 1791705
Ball Trainmaster Cannonball Chronograph w/ Ball modified ETA 2824-2 movement w/ Dubois-Depraz module, Hamilton Pan-Europ on a NATO strap, Rolex DJ stainless steel, Seiko SNK809 w/ green suede strap.
View attachment 1791706
Bulova Lunar Pilot 262 kHz, Tudor Black Bay Bronze w/ a brass case & in-house 70 hour power reserve movement, Seiko SRPD73 w/ a 4R movement, come Citizen i've had for quite a while that I bought when I was in the Philippines in the early 2000s.
View attachment 1791707
Hamilton Jazzmaster Auto Chrono, Orient Bambino IV, Tissot Gentleman Powermatic 80, LE Alpina Startimer w/ a pop-up cover on top of the caseback, Nomos Ludwig w/ the Epsilon movement.
View attachment 1791708
Tag Heuer Autavia Limited Edition release w/ Tag Heuer's relatively new Heuer 02 movement with a vertical clutch that provides that "pop" it gives the pushers. They made way too many of the re-release of the Autavia, so the 60th anniversary Carrera they released only 600 pieces. So, they made way too few of the watch. I really want the 60th anniversary Carrera since it follows the Autavia with only Heuer markings on it, no Tag Heuer marked anywhere on it except for the small logo on the movement behind the exhibition case.
View attachment 1791709
View attachment 1791710
View attachment 1791711
View attachment 1791712

I'm on the hunt for a Rolex Explorer MK2 39mm. I wouldn't mind an Oyster Perpetual either, but they are very hard to find pre-owned for a decent price, which makes more sense just buying an Explorer. I also liked the old old school Air Kings with solid bezels, or engine-turned bezels. They only come in 34mm though, but they can be found for $3500-$4500.

I think the time has come for a new piece. I was settled on a Pepsi GMT with a jubilee bracelet but now have the itch for a Panda Daytona.

These two are the ultimate modern rolexes in my opinion. I like the Panda but not quite as much as everyone else. The market LOVES this watch. If I had to bet on the appreciation of any single rolex it would be this one.

The Pepsi is a close second, though. The jubilee bracelet with the ceramic bezel is the perfect combo of throw back and modern. I wish they used the blue from the batman bezel though. There will not be any Pepsis for a while, which will likewise increase demand for this watch.

What says you?

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think the time has come for a new piece. I was settled on a Pepsi GMT with a jubilee bracelet but now have the itch for a Panda Daytona.

These two are the ultimate modern rolexes in my opinion. I like the Panda but not quite as much as everyone else. The market LOVES this watch. If I had to bet on the appreciation of any single rolex it would be this one.

The Pepsi is a close second, though. The jubilee bracelet with the ceramic bezel is the perfect combo of throw back and modern. I wish they used the blue from the batman bezel though. There will not be any Pepsis for a while, which will likewise increase demand for this watch.

What says you?

The Daytonas have had a huge surge in market price but now seem to be (gradually) coming back down to earth. I personally like the Daytona (all variants) because of how they fit me, and -- assuming you'll wear these watches -- I'd recommend trying both on before making your final choice since they're significantly different fits.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member

What says you?

If you can buy a brand new one, I would say go for it. Nothing wrong with a pre-owned one either, but the reason the waiting lists are insanely long partially is because a brand new Rolex is cheaper than it's pre-owned counterpart.

For example, I'm waiting for the call to get my 23' Rolex Explorer, most likely a 24' model due to the average wait time. That watch new is $7700 (224270). A pre-owned 214270 (39mm version) goes for $8-$10k, and mostly siding on the higher end of pricing, and sometimes selling for more than that, but prices are starting to slowly fall down. That doesn't mean they're finally not selling for $10k+ for a pre-owned one, that means they're starting to settle in the $8,000-$8,500 range.

There are few material objects that don't lose value over time, one of those is Rolex which appreciate with time. One of the reasons I never think it's a bad idea to pick up a Rolex, pass it on to your children one day and it will be worth quite a bit. Now, not everyone can afford a Rolex and i'm not saying anyone should sell other possessions to buy one, but if you're financially comfortable, and can also track one down, I would say go for it.

The Daytona will always be a classic and I would say buy what you like the most. Buy what color combo you like the most because it will be on your wrist. 98% of people will have no idea you're wearing a Rolex except for the very few or when your go into different watch boutiques. I personally really want a Hulk GMT Master II, but that's just me and some may think it's too much green and opt for the Starbucks version with just the green bezel. When it comes to the Pepsi dial, it's not like it's going to be hard to find. It's one of the most popular designs and the reason so many watch companies have copied it. Even if Rolex stopped making it today. I think you could still find one without much hassle.

I will say, I am perfectly fine waiting for my Explorer, but I will probably pick up the one watch i've wanted for a long time, but it just never came up in a trade deal or I bought another watch and then saw one pop up for a steal and just couldn't justify spending that much more money after I picked up a Seamaster Aqua Terra or something equivalent. The watch i'm referring to is a Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1/100 of a second. The flying seconds hand is just so damn cool. Rolex has Zenith to thank for their movement and used their movement for 10 years in the Daytona starting in the late 60s I believe before they created their own in-house movement and from there have never used another 3rd party movement.

Oh yeah, for anyone thinking of all the other companies and how Rolex is being rivaled in their global reach, think again. I'm not sure if I said this already, but as of 2021 Rolex SA/Tudor SA held 25% of the watch market around the world with over 1 million watches sold that year. The next closest competitor was Swatch at 8%, mostly coming from their Omega sales. Besides the independent companies like Nomos (which I love since they have the best customer service i've ever experienced) and others, you have 3 main companies holding all these watch companies. The Richemont Group, LVMH, and Swatch.

Like I said though, it's your watch, and choose a dial/bezel that will make you smile everytime you look at it. Sometimes I look at my watches and put my hand over my face and think, "Good God, why did I spend that much?" Haha. Best of luck to you!

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Watches? This is my 1964 Omega. The black diial is a bit rare for the period. My collection is huge. My dad was gifted a 1942 Rolex a few years back and I thought he would cry. One of my favorites is my Speake Marin Face to Face. 5 watches made but each is a one off. I will get more posted. I have everything from Soviet watches to a whole crazy Thai only Seikos. Some cool Ball ones too.
omega-gold-blk-64-01.jpg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
If you can buy a brand new one, I would say go for it. Nothing wrong with a pre-owned one either, but the reason the waiting lists are insanely long partially is because a brand new Rolex is cheaper than it's pre-owned counterpart.

For example, I'm waiting for the call to get my 23' Rolex Explorer, most likely a 24' model due to the average wait time. That watch new is $7700 (224270). A pre-owned 214270 (39mm version) goes for $8-$10k, and mostly siding on the higher end of pricing, and sometimes selling for more than that, but prices are starting to slowly fall down. That doesn't mean they're finally not selling for $10k+ for a pre-owned one, that means they're starting to settle in the $8,000-$8,500 range.

There are few material objects that don't lose value over time, one of those is Rolex which appreciate with time. One of the reasons I never think it's a bad idea to pick up a Rolex, pass it on to your children one day and it will be worth quite a bit. Now, not everyone can afford a Rolex and i'm not saying anyone should sell other possessions to buy one, but if you're financially comfortable, and can also track one down, I would say go for it.

The Daytona will always be a classic and I would say buy what you like the most. Buy what color combo you like the most because it will be on your wrist. 98% of people will have no idea you're wearing a Rolex except for the very few or when your go into different watch boutiques. I personally really want a Hulk GMT Master II, but that's just me and some may think it's too much green and opt for the Starbucks version with just the green bezel. When it comes to the Pepsi dial, it's not like it's going to be hard to find. It's one of the most popular designs and the reason so many watch companies have copied it. Even if Rolex stopped making it today. I think you could still find one without much hassle.

I will say, I am perfectly fine waiting for my Explorer, but I will probably pick up the one watch i've wanted for a long time, but it just never came up in a trade deal or I bought another watch and then saw one pop up for a steal and just couldn't justify spending that much more money after I picked up a Seamaster Aqua Terra or something equivalent. The watch i'm referring to is a Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1/100 of a second. The flying seconds hand is just so damn cool. Rolex has Zenith to thank for their movement and used their movement for 10 years in the Daytona starting in the late 60s I believe before they created their own in-house movement and from there have never used another 3rd party movement.

Oh yeah, for anyone thinking of all the other companies and how Rolex is being rivaled in their global reach, think again. I'm not sure if I said this already, but as of 2021 Rolex SA/Tudor SA held 25% of the watch market around the world with over 1 million watches sold that year. The next closest competitor was Swatch at 8%, mostly coming from their Omega sales. Besides the independent companies like Nomos (which I love since they have the best customer service i've ever experienced) and others, you have 3 main companies holding all these watch companies. The Richemont Group, LVMH, and Swatch.

Like I said though, it's your watch, and choose a dial/bezel that will make you smile everytime you look at it. Sometimes I look at my watches and put my hand over my face and think, "Good God, why did I spend that much?" Haha. Best of luck to you!

The Zenith El Primero is an AMAZING piece.

Just ordered a Panda. Should receive Tuesday.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Watches? This is my 1964 Omega. The black diial is a bit rare for the period. My collection is huge. My dad was gifted a 1942 Rolex a few years back and I thought he would cry. One of my favorites is my Speake Marin Face to Face. 5 watches made but each is a one off. I will get more posted. I have everything from Soviet watches to a whole crazy Thai only Seikos. Some cool Ball ones too.
View attachment 1813896
That's a beautiful watch!

I have a 1960 Omega Seamaster I refurbished and it took me a while, but I found a NOS authentic Omega bracelet for it.

O-1.jpeg

O-2.jpeg

O-3.jpeg

Not sure who E.J.R is, but I notice a lot of older watches have initials engraved in the caseback or somewhere else if it's a pocketwatch. Probably because people didn't have massive collections like now and a single watch from Omega or Rolex was probably something cherished if I had to guess.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That's a beautiful watch!

I have a 1960 Omega Seamaster I refurbished and it took me a while, but I found a NOS authentic Omega bracelet for it.

View attachment 1813906
View attachment 1813907
View attachment 1813908

Not sure who E.J.R is, but I notice a lot of older watches have initials engraved in the caseback or somewhere else if it's a pocketwatch. Probably because people didn't have massive collections like now and a single watch from Omega or Rolex was probably something cherished if I had to guess.
Ejr had good taste in watches.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My two daily worn watches.

Fortis and the Ball Hydrocarbon Original. like a lot of men I am fond of diver's watches. As you will see later a few field watches and dress watches make the cut. When you see my starter you all will laugh. I was 6 or 7 when my dad got me the old timex. Still have it and the plastic box.

Attachments

• IMG_20231021_074109_114.jpg
    IMG_20231021_074109_114.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 30

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
here is one of 820 from the JDM Thai market watches. I heve several. The dial is unique wave pattenr plus the green gold black combo grabs my attention like a barracuda to something shiny. This watch has a few nick names one is the green hornet.

IMG_20231021_074847_703.jpg

Here are the specs. Nothing crazy ither than the price of these more than doubling.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Another seiko prospex. Red can be a hit or miss color. I sold off a red grand seiko to a man that all but begged me to have it.

So 500 of these suckers made what makes them unique is the watch is titanium, a rarity among Seiko watches. I am a terrible phone photo dude but you may be able to see the gold flakes in the red dial.

IMG_20231021_080528_876.jpg

Here are the specs. The price hangs around 4-5k when you can find them now.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Very nice man! Hey, when I was around 10 or so I had a Timex too. I thought the Indiglo was the coolest thing in the world. Of course I would just keep pressing it to see the glow not understanding that drains the battery.

If you look in my earlier posts I have a Seiko MM 300 with the 8L35 handmade movement made in an island in Japan. I named it in my other post, but from memory I will totally screw up the spelling of the name of the island. No joke, between that watch and my Breitling Superocean OuterKnown, i've never had a watch with a lume that lasted that long that used traditional Super Luminova. The only watch that has the best lume, and i'm sure pricier models are brighter due to more tubes, but still hold the same length of lume is my Ball Roadmaster Marine GMT Ceramic. It has 28 tritium tubes, in-house movement, COSC certified, Titanium case & Ti bracelet w/ SS interlocking pieces, and it uses pushers on the left-hand side of the watch to move the GMT hand, something i've never seen before. Ball Watches always give a big bang for your buck IMO and aren't as appreciated by many. I got the Chocolate version, which is brown & black, not really my favorite color combo, but I bought it pre-owned so I didn't have much say and since every dial/bezel combo was limited to 1,000 pieces, most other colors were sold out already. That watch though has a 24 hour lume, I would put it next to my bed at night and the lume is so bright you can see it perfectly.

Great watch, but not using 90% Titanium didn't make it as light as I thought, same with my Balt-Pilot Ti Baltimore watch. The company who does Ti right and light is RZE IMO. Plus their pieces ranges from $450-$700 range. They can do this because they're using TMI NH34, 35, 38, etc. movements. I have no issue with using Seiko 3rd party movements. 1/3 of small business watch companies wouldn't have got their start without the NH34/35, or Sellita SW-200. ETA has been showing preferential treatment ever since they bought out ETA from Eterna, the company who came up with it all, yet I never hear anyone talk about Eterna watches. I love their Kontiki line. I have a Legacy 1948. Not exactly a watch I wanted more than anything, but the watch has a blue dial and 1948 engraved in the case, same year my Dad was born. Now that he's gone, I find myself looking for things that represent him in some way. After all, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be into watches or cars. I owe a debt to him. I'm thinking of engraving something into the Rolex he gave me since I will never sell it. First I have to finish servicing it. Lining up these damn gears and getting them to not fall over is difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread