Are the Dyno numbers right?

11redGT/CS

Established Member
So i picked up an 03 and it came with 2 dyno sheets. I will list the mods on the car, but the numbers seem to be on the low side for the parts on the car. The sheets read 450hp and 473hp both dyno sheets are from 2 different shops.

2.76 upper, 4# lower, stock manifolds with o/r H, BAP with 60# inj i think, JLT cai, kenne bell TB, Billetflow plenum i have yet to check what maf is on the car. With everything mentioned shouldn't the car put out 500?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So i picked up an 03 and it came with 2 dyno sheets. I will list the mods on the car, but the numbers seem to be on the low side for the parts on the car. The sheets read 450hp and 473hp both dyno sheets are from 2 different shops.

2.76 upper, 4# lower, stock manifolds with o/r H, BAP with 60# inj i think, JLT cai, kenne bell TB, Billetflow plenum i have yet to check what maf is on the car. With everything mentioned shouldn't the car put out 500?
If you are talking rwhp then those numbers are in the ballpark. To hit 500 rwhp the stock eaton blower needs to be ported.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, 2.76 + 4# lower on stock Eaton. Tons of heat. Even ported, 2.93 + 4# would be the ticket. Trying to squeeze out the last HP on the Eaton?

03' White Snake

Established Member
Also matters what type of dyno, Mustang Dyno read way less than a Dynojet.

Need to port the blower to get over 500 rwhp. My old Eaton with 2.93 upper and 4lb lower made 450/475 on 93.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You definitely want to port that Eaton if you're going to continue to use the 2.76 and 4 lb. lower. The Eaton is now sweating like a pig. Port the blower, get a new tune, and with 93 octane fuel you'll probably see around 520rwhp. Depends on the tune and supporting fuel mods.

My old '03 Cobra with the stock Eaton, stock lower and 2.90 upper (and intake, exhaust mods with tune) made 450rwhp and 480rwtq. After porting the Eaton, with the same mods and a 2.80 upper, it jumped to 504rwhp and 495rwtq.

I highly recommend that you don't stay with that 2.76/4 lb. lower combo with the stock unported Eaton. A ported Eaton is more efficient. Hence the increase in horsepower and torque with same mods.

Users who are viewing this thread