Are new truck prices really that bad?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
No. It'll be another Super Duty, just not sure of the year and powertrain yet.

At work were mandated to buy gas engines only, for now. Then we’re going be mandated to EV’s only eventually but that’s a different subject. We have a lot of 550 7.3/A10 combos. The A10’s are not doing so well. We have a truck that’s been down for like 6 months due to the A10. Dealer has replaced it 2x and it immediately broke and no one wants to pay for a 3rd so we’re down a truck on my crew. The 7.3’s on a cold start sound pretty healthy! I have a F-53 chassis MH with a 7.3/A6 combo. At first I was wishing I had the A10 but the tried and true A6 is rock solid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The XL is a base truck though.
Absolutely but if it offers what people want and not much of what people don't want, it's not too bad of a price especially for a 4x4 and a good engine. Nowadays the term base is not what is used to be......in certain vehicles of course.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Out here there are a few '23 F150's in XL and 2.7T in the 47ish range. Looking at the window sticker that price doesn't seem too bad.
Just as a comparison, that's what my 15 xlt stickered for. With sport package and fx4 package. Actual sales price was 10k off of that.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Just priced out a nicely optioned 2023 Ram Rebel truck.
5.7 Hemi

70k. Not even a moonroof. No GT package or either one of the two other packages available. Wow.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Look at sxs. New top of the line turbo can am maverick is going for 43k. Ludicrously stupid.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
You think that's stupid, surf boats are just insane. In 2021 I thought I was insane getting a new boat with a sticker price of about $325k and that same model boat now with basically the same features is sticker at about $450k, and that's with the interest rates over double what I got on mine.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
You think that's stupid, surf boats are just insane. In 2021 I thought I was insane getting a new boat with a sticker price of about $325k and that same model boat now with basically the same features is sticker at about $450k, and that's with the interest rates over double what I got on mine.
Oh yeah boat prices are on an indescribable level of insanity!!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Yup.

My Dad sold/serviced tv's, stereos, cassettes, cassette players, 8 tracks, VHS/Beta players, 8 track players, police radios, scanners, microwaves, LPs, 45s, guitars, etc.
If you wanted a sweet console TV with LP, AM/FM stereophonic sound, you're talking +$900 - lol.

View attachment 1825167

Remember when quadraphonic sound was going to sweep the industry?
I still have a quad Steely Dan Countdown to Ecstacy LP somewhere.
How much you want for that Steely Dan quad LP?
Here is my vintage Quadraphonic Pioneer receiver and turntable.

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    455 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1059.jpeg
    IMG_1059.jpeg
    370.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
I can tell you this…

My 2022 lariat F-350 SRW stickered for $82k.

The same exact truck was $87k in 2023.

Just bought a 2024 of the same truck…$92k.
I bought a 22 F250 just recently. I was looking at another 22 and I was looking at the sticker to compare features and noticed that the exact same trucks for that model year went up $5k. The one I bought was $75k sticker the exact same truck a couple of months newer was $80k sticker.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Yeah,....those are on the "cheap" side.
No leather seating. Probably no navigation and so on.

Well, this one looked like it had leather and NAV. Discounts definitely vary and looks like MSRP into the mid 70's when you tick all the boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread