are ls1 cars better?

The Mongoose

Established Member
This is totally off topic, but I will say this; I've been a long time member on LS1tech and have been on this forum for quite some time now and I have to say that people on this forum are nicer and seem more willing to help out than the guys over on LS1tech do. Anytime you post up a picture of your car on LS1tech, all they do is want to "pick it apart", while on here, everyone has nothing but nice things to say. Again, totally off subject, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i went 13.40s at 105 stock in my 01...i went 13.0s at 108 in my best friends stock 98 SS
now that SS has a 408 with a 150shot, gears, long tubes, and damn stock suspension. i can't do shit with it lol

in the grand scheme of it all i like my 01 more even though it is slower...although we are pretty close when he stays off the bottle...i win some he wins some at the track (i have never won from a roll)

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
If a Formula I agree... I like its more understated looks over the TA. When I bought my 01 Cobra it was between that and white 6 speed ram air formula. My aunt at the time worked for Ford so I ended up getting the Cobra cause it was 7 grand less and that was a lot of money being that I was 20.

i test drove a Navy Blue Metalic Firehawk the same day i bought my cobra...i was a TOUGH decision. I am glad i went with the cobra...as fun as the Firehawk was i just couldn't get over the seating position, the monster long dash and the shit GM interior, not like my 01 is much better as far as interior but the car just felt more poised and was overall more fun to play with

that and nothing sounds better than 4v at full song!

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I respected the GM twins, but I could never see myself driving one. I always felt like a Mustang was a little more practical and reserved.

Plus, I hated the fact that the F body twins were the bastard children of the early 80's camaros and firebirds. I just couldn't stand that low seating position, high dash, hatch back window, crappy interior, and worst of all that stupid BUMP on the passenger side floorboard for the catalytic converter because they couldn't figure out anywhere else to put it. I just felt like it never evolved in the right direction away from the 80's F-Body's.

Granted, the drivetrain hardware is a different story. They have a great motor with even better potential, a bulletproof 6 speed... aaand that's about it. The rear-end was pretty weak.

Above all, it just wasn't my preference. I always saw the jocks driving the new F-body's (mostly 6 cyl cars) And on the other hand, all the goofy rednecks drove the 80's Firebirds with the smogged-out turd of a 305, with matching brown paint.

I just couldn't identify with that. I like the LS motors, but there weren't any other performance vehicles at the time with the LS motors besides the Corvette and F-Body twins.

Now, we have many other performance based LS vehicles besides the Corvette and Camaro that I can certainly see myself driving.

CTS-V - Check!
Pontiac G8 GT - Check
Pontiac GTO 6.0 - It's getting old, but maybe.
Malibu SS 5.3 - (It's a freakin FWD family sedan with a 5.3 LS-based motor in it!!
Caprice PPV - Once they flood the auction blocks - Check

New Camaro or Corvette? Beautiful cars, but I just couldn't see myself driving one. Maybe a C6 Z06 with a few mods. But let's be realistic.

My mustang will always be with me. It's something I think I'll never sell. Will I get attached to a GM LS based vehicle? Perhaps. But they have to get the formula right.

One of my ultimate dream builds would be to take a 66 Chevelle, Impala, or even a Cadillac, and restomod it with an LS7, maybe with twin turbos. the car will appear like it came stock (or could have come that way), and will have all the creature comforts of a new vehicle. I was gonna say, it would be cool to build up an old camaro from completely new parts, but that type of build isn't quite as original as it used to be.

jleews6

Established Member
I have owned many of both and the LS cars are much faster in stock form. My 01 WS6 went 13.1@109 when it was brand new and then 12.8@110 with just a lid.
I think they are both great cars and they both have their strong points but I really miss my WS6.:(

Users who are viewing this thread