Are all 2019 gt350 R models 2nd gen voodoo’s??

GeorgeM@25

Established Member
Hey guys so I’m finally purchasing a R model after a few solid years of trying find The right deal. It’s a 2019 with 650 miles but I’m really wanting to make sure it’s the gen 2 motor the serial number is KR 578. Really hoping it’s not a oil eater

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Hey guys so I’m finally purchasing a R model after a few solid years of trying find The right deal. It’s a 2019 with 650 miles but I’m really wanting to make sure it’s the gen 2 motor the serial number is KR 578. Really hoping it’s not a oil eater

Unfortunately the motor issues aren't limited to Gen1 motors. Just check the oil regularly and enjoy.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I was looking into boosting a voodoo and it is possible the gen2s are even worse.

ANGREY

Established Member
If they are truly dropping valves, that has little to do with the shortblock. The biggest advantage of the gen 2 is the 12mm longer head studs. Then a little bit of improved cooling and reinforcing. My personal opinion are the change in rotating components aren't appreciably any better for boost.

I'm building a gen 2 simply because I want the 12 mm long head studs. Otherwise I'd have them build my gen 1 block.

GeorgeM@25

Established Member
So I don’t plan on boosting the car I just wanted to get the latest and greatest version of the car if I’m spending the money but I feel I got a deal that was hard to say no to it’s a 2019 R with 620 miles for 61,000 the car did have 2 owners but I spoke to both dealers who took the car in and one guys wife made him take it back and the other guy was 75 and didn’t want a manual as much as he thought he did. Has every option just no carbon interior trim which at first bothered me but I suppose I can add that after if I loose sleep over it

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So I don’t plan on boosting the car I just wanted to get the latest and greatest version of the car if I’m spending the money but I feel I got a deal that was hard to say no to it’s a 2019 R with 620 miles for 61,000 the car did have 2 owners but I spoke to both dealers who took the car in and one guys wife made him take it back and the other guy was 75 and didn’t want a manual as much as he thought he did. Has every option just no carbon interior trim which at first bothered me but I suppose I can add that after if I loose sleep over it

Post some pictures when you get it.

ANGREY

Established Member
Not sure if anyone has been able to verify that the radiator support change is tethered to the motor changes. If so, it would be an easy way to identify if the motor is gen II.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s a great deal!

Users who are viewing this thread