Apten Oval Port. It may like 16+ lbs. of boost. Lets see!

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by jeffsvt
I first tried the Gatorback 4080772 but it wouldn't fit . I then went to the parts store and ended up picking up a Gates K080780 that fit good . The tensioner rides close to the tight setting with it .

One thing I also have my idler located in the low position on the idler relocation bracket supplied in the lower kit . That might make a difference and it might not with belt sizes I honestly have no idea .

Jeff. Thanks for the belt size. Thats the exact belt I ordered. 78" Gatorback with no idlers.

Dom :)

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Hey Dom...if you do a baseline dyno run before the 4# lower and MAF Xtender install, could you also datalog it. I'd like to see how close to max you are on your fuel system and also the difference the MJ MAF Xtender makes.

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by Hissssnsvt
Hey Dom...if you do a baseline dyno run before the 4# lower and MAF Xtender install, could you also datalog it. I'd like to see how close to max you are on your fuel system and also the difference the MJ MAF Xtender makes.

I usually do have them datalog it also, especially now that I am gonna be pushing my MAF to the max. Hopefully If I receive all my parts by next Friday, we will have some results by this time next weekend.

Dom

Dominick32

BANNED
Everything is on its way. I set the install date for next friday. Lets hope these parts come.

Dom

Last edited:

Dominick32

BANNED
----UPDATE----
I received my lower pulley after my expected install date.
I now have 2 things sitting in my closet:

4# Lower Pulley Kit
MJ's MAFxtender

The install is probably going to be on November 5th.
Sorry for the wait guys.

Dom

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Should be worth the wait Dom. A lot of us are very interested in your theory. :)

trey193

Established Member
I too have always seen 13.5 with my oval port and 2.80, and have run all my times with that como (11.11 @ 125) and made really good power on the dyno. I too just added a 2lb lower and a Gates 774 belt with idler in lower position on the Metco bracket. Just waiting for perfect weather and getting it back to the track. Keeping my same tune just using some better fuel. We'll see and very interested in your results Dom.

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by trey193
I too have always seen 13.5 with my oval port and 2.80, and have run all my times with that como (11.11 @ 125) and made really good power on the dyno. I too just added a 2lb lower and a Gates 774 belt with idler in lower position on the Metco bracket. Just waiting for perfect weather and getting it back to the track. Keeping my same tune just using some better fuel. We'll see and very interested in your results Dom.
bob and trey. i will definitely keep you guys posted.

Dom

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
trey's car will only be slower from now on, he changed up the magic combo, he is in for trouble now.

Users who are viewing this thread