Anything I should look for before buying a5.0

walked_u_hard

Established Member
was there ever a fix for this? you kinda make it sound like all manuals are ticking time bombs regardless of modification.

I wouldn't say they are time bombs, i have an 11 manual and im not afraid of it. Im more worried about the trans haha. I cant speak for Fords calibration... but i've yet to see it happen to a 2013 so i would say its fixed, but who knows. When tuning with SCT software there is a timer and comanded fueling for decel, which is what most tuners now are aware of and know they need to change it.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
This is false.

It DOES happen on completely un modded cars. Cyl 8 does pop up from tuned cars more, its from a lack of fueling on decel at high RPM that will cause the ringland problems. it goes lean on decel, which raises cyl temps, and cyl 8 has the least cooling. Which is why these cars do not have strong engine braking, there is a timer set in place in the tune from ford until the car will cut fuel and start to engine brake.

Furthermore ive only seen this happen on manual cars, which supports the theory even more.

yeah ok. try again

whatever, another so called expert. there would be 200 posts a day about people melting 8. Go back to allfords.

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
The problem indeed lies in the tune, it's been discussed plenty including the glitch in the older factory calibration that was causing even stock engines to pop.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
The problem indeed lies in the tune, it's been discussed plenty including the glitch in the older factory calibration that was causing even stock engines to pop.

i dont care how many internet engineers talked about it. Ford would have issued a TSB or recall. There is a TSB for the oil reminder, ticks, clutch pedal, etc. But no, ford said F it.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
i dont care how many internet engineers talked about it. Ford would have issued a TSB or recall. There is a TSB for the oil reminder, ticks, clutch pedal, etc. But no, ford said F it.

I'm not going to argue with you, as your entitled to your opinion. There are people (me) who are knowledgeable in the matter and understand whats happening under the hood and others (you) who dont. So please, before you get upset and try to discredit someone who is trying to educate others with accurate information on the matter, keep the disrespectful comments to your self. It is a fact that 100% stock cars have had this issue.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I'm not going to argue with you, as your entitled to your opinion. There are people (me) who are knowledgeable in the matter and understand whats happening under the hood and others (you) who dont. So please, before you get upset and try to discredit someone who is trying to educate others with accurate information on the matter, keep the disrespectful comments to your self. It is a fact that 100% stock cars have had this issue.

Its not true. I dont care what you claim to have read online.

george.arnold

Established Member
Thats not a good price, I got mine for 4k less and it had similar miles. And I feel like I could have done even better if I didnt trade something in at the same time. If they know your trading something in, they wont knock as much off. They'll make you think they're giving you more for your trade.

That's why you NEVER let the dealer know you're trading something in until you have agreed on a price for the car you are buying. Then the negotiations start all over on what your trade is worth. And always get offers on your trade from other dealers before you go to the dealer you actually want to deal with. I got $1,800 more for my trade by going this route vs. going with the previously negotiated private party sale I had worked out.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I would never buy an 11 5.0 its a 1st year run. But if you do better be sure to get a killer deal under 20k. Since 12-13s can be found new under 30k for a base

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

I know you as a ford tech dont think 11-12 stock enginges blow up. But I 100% know for a fact the 11-12 5.0 have blown 100% stock due to using an running out of oil an ford replacing them. I have personal friends thats happen to. So the fact is 100% bone stock 5.0 have blown due to oil and stock tune issues. Ford has now made tsb due to these issues.

dead man walkin

Established Member
I have an 11 and i live in texas last 2 summers its been raced in the heat. And gone for long drives. With zero issues. I also have the mt82. It has ground gears exactly 0 times. And its smooth shifts make my bmw friends jealous, it is one if not the best car ive owned. As for the fuel on decel.. i have noticed at times the engine braking seems to go away, like its still fueling after my foot is off the loud pedal. But not all the time...

CshiznitzJ

Established Member
Look for a C6Z06... All kidding a side, nothing wrong with the majority of 11's out there. You can get a base model in the 24-25k range new and a premium in the 27-30k.

SnakeEyes04

Established Member
Thanks guys for the support/advice. I would like to get a brembo car but if I cant find one for 24-25 then i may consider a 07-09 gt500 for 28-30.

Deespeed99

Established Member
If its a new or new used car consider an extended warranty through your insurance company. I got mine through geico for 7 years/100k and i dont have to use a ford dealership for repairs just any shop i prefer as long as they are a geico authorized repair station.

thebreather

Established Member
if you like the car buy it.its a solid performance muscle car thats been around for many years..if you look on the internet for any car,year,make,model and a problem there will a bunch of people crying bout it..

Users who are viewing this thread