Anyone went from 11-12 to a 13?

neatofrito1618

Established Member
You will not be to do a simple LED changeout to look like the 2013's lights. The only way to do so would be to buy the part but I don't know if they are compatible so.....

Also, how are people suckers? Honestly, if you had the chance to buy a 2012 vs. a 2013 for the same price with no strings attached, you honestly think you would buy the 12? Now, if you're just talking about a switch from a 2012 to a 2013 then I can see where you are coming from, but concerning a new car buyer it's a no brainer.
My 2012 has 23k miles, and I wouldn't trade it for a brand new 2013 even for a straight up trade. The new models just look awkward.:shrug:

Last edited:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
for some of them, you are right on. anyone that doesnt think the 2013 looks better than the 11-12's, needs their eyes checked. i think alot of 11-12 owners, say the 11-12's look better so they have piece of mind. telling themselves they wouldnt take a 13 over it, because they are already invested in their car.

all of them look good and are fast (11-13). but hands down the 13's body and lighting changes puts it on another level.

+1

I like to think of our car's like our girlfriend's. Everyone has their own taste, and you can stand up for your girl all you want, but she will never be quite as good to someone else as their girlfriend.

Fun4me

Established Member
I bought mine in august, so I had a clear choice. Went w/ a kona(not avail in '13)m6 brembo premium 401a. My wife didnt like the front end on the '13s and I didnt like the colors. Lights, you guys sund like some ricers w/ your lights. Auto Brembo, that just doesnt sound right unless the car is 100% DD and will never see any kind of track. 9 hp, has anyone dynoed the cars to see if there is a differance between a '12 and '13? Trackapps, $20 dongle and $5 torque pro and a old phone I dont use. The only cool thing about the '13 is the TrackPack, but only if your going to track the damn car.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I honestly thought the appearance of the 2013 would be perceived negatively when it first came out. I'm surprised it has so many fans.

Do peope really prefer this

628x471.jpg

to this?'

Ford-Mustang_GT_2011_1024x768_wallpaper_0b.jpg

Rct851

Established Member
Honest to god I like the 11-12 better except fit the headlights on the 13. In my eyes the way the new nose looks is looks kinda "soft"...

I dunno

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Some funny in here for sure. I guess the 11-12 owners who don't like the looks of the 13 must not like the GT500's either. I personally like them both. Just when I was ready the 13's were out.

There are more than just cosmetics on the 2013. Ford continues to improve items throughout each year. (Just like they did when they were building Fox's) Some are as minor as using different materials, switch upgrades, etc... But trust me, there are probably more than 100 differences in the years. I know the 2013's have updated cam sensors and plugs for them. Different pistons, etc.

Guess what? The 2014's will have more improvements over the 13's! Oh well, can't let that stop someone from getting a car.

Bottom line is any time you trade up for a newer car that are that close in years, you are going to loose money. Weather or not the newer car is worth that money is up for you to decide.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Guess what? The 2014's will have more improvements over the 13's! Oh well, can't let that stop someone from getting a car.

from what ive heard its actually hte opposite, the 14's will have less options then the any of the years

04nccobra

Established Member
Can you change the front end, tail lights, valance and track apps for that as well? Diff strokes for diff folks, but there was a bit more than just painted valances and some lights. :beer:

Track apps are way over rated. I had them on my 12 SRT8 Challenger, they were fun the 1st time or two to play with, but after that I never used them again. Sequential tail lights, look a little !@y to me, but that's just me. Front end is sweet though as is the hood. A few extra ponies never hurt either.

Mxfrench

Established Member
I had a 2012 GT that I loved black on Black blue trim leather. Traded it in on a 2013 Silver GT500 with blue trim. Have not looked back both are great cars.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Track apps are way over rated. I had them on my 12 SRT8 Challenger, they were fun the 1st time or two to play with, but after that I never used them again. Sequential tail lights, look a little !@y to me, but that's just me. Front end is sweet though as is the hood. A few extra ponies never hurt either.

i think its better then the aeroforce gauges, and i like how its all stock, to each is their own

D.T.R

Established Member
By 2015/16 my 12' will most likely be paid off lol.. I love the 13s but not worth it to me to lose all the money when trading it.

StangingAround

Established Member
i think its better then the aeroforce gauges, and i like how its all stock, to each is their own

That's what people are forgetting is that even past it's functionality it LOOKS better between the tachs, something we see at all the time.

Also, I really don't see how anyone can dislike the 13 tail's as they look great during the day and fantastic at night. To each their own though.

Users who are viewing this thread