Anyone went from 11-12 to a 13?

drewzx3

Established Member
The 13's looks have really grown on me for the 13 and have been considering trading. Wanting to trade up to a base gt with recaros. Has anyone made the swap? Do you regret it? auto or manual is still up in the air also.

drewzx3

Established Member
I can swap all my parts over so Im not worried about that. My car was rearended and going into the body shop tomorrow. Thats what has really got me wanting to trade.

burke985

Established Member
I've thought about it myself because i want recaros and brembos badly and i really like the taillights but i think my wife would choke me after the extra money ive put in my car at this point. I think the best thing is wait for the Next Gen mustang to come out in 2015 and let them go through their bugs and work everything out of the new build and then make a decision then. By that time my car will be paid off and it will serve as a sizeable down payment and i can get every option i want on a 15+

drewzx3

Established Member
I've thought about it myself because i want recaros and brembos badly and i really like the taillights but i think my wife would choke me after the extra money ive put in my car at this point. I think the best thing is wait for the Next Gen mustang to come out in 2015 and let them go through their bugs and work everything out of the new build and then make a decision then. By that time my car will be paid off and it will serve as a sizeable down payment and i can get every option i want on a 15+

Not sure If I want irs bc I drag race my car alot. Also not a fan of the styling so far.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member

Yup. I think if I wait till 2016 the new ones should be worked out and the aftermaket parts established. Thats what I did with the 12. When the 10 came out I wanted the car because it had the 08 gt500 look. Then the 11 had the 5.0. So I waited till 12 to buy one.

burke985

Established Member
Not sure If I want irs bc I drag race my car alot. Also not a fan of the styling so far.

Nobody was a fan of the 13 and it grew on ya ...give it some time you have a nice Fast car

Yup. I think if I wait till 2016 the new ones should be worked out and the aftermaket parts established. Thats what I did with the 12. When the 10 came out I wanted the car because it had the 08 gt500 look. Then the 11 had the 5.0. So I waited till 12 to buy one.

Yeah that's my thinking exactly and besides im still in love with my current beast

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Im in the same boat, only thing keeping me from throwing a paxton and possible built motor is that I want to wait for the 2015-2016 to see exactly what it is going to be. I will just completely put my car back to stock and trade it in.

-Thomas

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Im in the same boat, only thing keeping me from throwing a paxton and possible built motor is that I want to wait for the 2015-2016 to see exactly what it is going to be. I will just completely put my car back to stock and trade it in.

-Thomas

Thats why I saved evey single stock part. Even the sound tube.

Napoleon85

Established Member
Thats why I saved evey single stock part. Even the sound tube.

I saved everything except the mufflers, and the k member (which was damaged and unsafe to put back on the car). I would probably try to find someone to swap with or just leave it on as a surprise if I traded it in.

Ill probably do the same with the next gen mustangs. Seeing as it took two years for them to iron out (well ... mostly) the issues with the tune and manual trans, ill wait till 2017 before jumping onboard with the new chassis. I'm assuming they will be keeping the 5.0, but likely moving away from the mt82 after all the grief it's caused.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Wasn't a fan. Purposely bought a 12.

One neighbor got a 13 Sebring silver gt auto vert after me. Still wasn't a fan.

Then another neighbor got a 13 impact blue cs/gt with black amr wheels. Instantly became jealous. That color on the 13 is pure buttsecks.

alex12gt

Established Member
Had an 11 and traded for a 12 and thought about geting a 13 dib but not gona lose all the cash i got lucky when i went from 11 to 12 and didnt pay anything out of pocket but for several reasons

Fun4me

Established Member

Then another neighbor got a 13 impact blue cs/gt with black amr wheels. Instantly became jealous. That color on the 13 is pure buttsecks.
Whats up with the recent rise in gay references on this forum?

try03venom

Established Member
You will not regret it. When the 2015s come out my 2011 will look like a model T.

maybe so but there is always gonna be something bigger and better. I like my 13 2x as much as my 11s much more refined. I would go for it with the rebates and if you call Ford advertising dept and request a brochure it has a $750 off coupon in it!

drewzx3

Established Member

have pics of it? I want to see what black wheels looks like on that color bc thats the only color I have found withthe options I want. Plus I have a brand new set of forgestar cf5's in gloss black to go on it or my car.
maybe so but there is always gonna be something bigger and better. I like my 13 2x as much as my 11s much more refined. I would go for it with the rebates and if you call Ford advertising dept and request a brochure it has a $750 off coupon in it!

Requested brochures a couple of days ago. Plus I can get the ranger owners rebate. I can get 500-1000 more than what I owe if I trade mine in.

StangingAround

Established Member
11-12 > 13

Hmm, trolling?

2013's extras include,

LED tails, HID's, recaro's, cluster LCD with track apps, 8 more HP, body colored rockers, new bumpers, and something else I'm probably forgetting.

Now, you might not be a fan of the new front bumper and that's understandable, but everything else is a clear upgrade. I'm curious what they are going to add to the 2014 and I hope it's nothing substantial. LOL.

As for the OP trading his old one in for one, only if you aren't going to lose your ass on it.

Users who are viewing this thread