Anyone want to get a Gords HE?

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
bassin247 said:
The intercooler cools the air off after it's compressed by the supercharger. Compressing the air (making boost) is what makes the heat. If you car isn't under boost the incoming air is usually a little hotter than ambient (outside air). So running your intercooler pump and HE fans with the motor off or idling does zero. The system isn't designed to cool down the supercharger, just the incoming air.

If you want to cool you car down get a bigger radiator. That would have more or an impact. If you don't want to spent the time or money I would get a big fan or a few little fans and 120v power source and blow air onto your engine for 15 minutes in between runs.

Ed used 2 little fans. He puts one on each side of the engine. It works great. It's cheap and you are draining your battery.

Two of those fans and a bag of ice on the blower works great.....

Dave

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Davesnake said:
Two of those fans and a bag of ice on the blower works great.....

Dave

ice..yes...maybe i dont need the fans with my ice box...

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
well an update for those that ant one...Amazon cannot do a GP...so i just caled and emailed Gords directly. ill see what i can work...i think last time (last year) he did free shipping....we will c

image005.jpg

image002.jpg

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
When I was at NED, Mark and I felt the temp of my I/C temp
then he took me over to his Cobra to feel his coolant temp.
What a big difference it was.Mark had the Gord's H/E with the
fans and it seemed to me to be a good investment.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
it IS the closest of all the exchangers but the Gords IS bigger. more square area and capacity. how much was the extreme? i dont think it THAT much less...

Jake, what is involved in installing a Gord's H/E? Do you have to remove
the front nose cover or cut or fabricate anything on the car? Or is it
a perfect drop in and install? Just curious about it.Thanks !
Ken

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
KenCobra03 said:
Jake, what is involved in installing a Gord's H/E? Do you have to remove
the front nose cover or cut or fabricate anything on the car? Or is it
a perfect drop in and install? Just curious about it.Thanks !
Ken

i dont think u can do it without removing the nose cover....

all you do is trim 2 little rubber pieces i believe and thats it! its a TIGHT squeeze...Gords made it as big as it could before modifying stuff

UPDATE...just got an email form Gords...said he will email me the info tonight or tomorrow on what he will do. ill post when i see it.

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I did my GF HE without removing the cover.

Jake, the money is better spent on the icebox. I would still get a few small fans to sit on top of your motor to cool it down.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
bassin247 said:
I did my GF HE without removing the cover.

Jake, the money is better spent on the icebox. I would still get a few small fans to sit on top of your motor to cool it down.

yea..i have the ice box here (Vortech...no bling) so im sure that will be fine for the track.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
i dont think u can do it without removing the nose cover....

all you do is trim 2 little rubber pieces i believe and thats it! its a TIGHT squeeze...Gords made it as big as it could before modifying stuff

UPDATE...just got an email form Gords...said he will email me the info tonight or tomorrow on what he will do. ill post when i see it.

Cool...I am just waiting for tax money to get in on this deal..Let me know what the pricing is as I am interested. I would want a black one with the ability to add the fans later....I may want something on it but, not to concerned about that part.

Established Member
AFCO HE sold. If I can sell a slightly used LFP HE, I'll get in on the Gords. It is definitely the largest surface area and capacity of all, but most expensive. I've read a lot of posts by folks who've installed it without taking the nose off, but there's not much wiggle room when doing it with the nose on, which translates into greater chance for geeking up the fins on the HE. The time I saved by not dropping the nose, I spent double trying to comb out the geeked up fins on my HE!

Established Member
Excuse me for jumping in, but I use fans alot to cool down between runs. I have found that the best place to use fans is on the back of the engine , blowing down over bell housing between cyl, heads and firewall. Never done any data logging, but: 1. this is the hottest part of the engine with little room for ambient air circulation. 2: by 60"s, I've seen a big significant difference (and notice it when trying to hook up/ burn out) in clutch performance 3: on a typical summer day you can physically feel the difference that blowing the back of the cyl heads makes. It takes about 30-45 minutes to cool off engine so its cool to the touch. Again, not very scientific, prolly not good for big performance increase, but has helped with consistency in runs. Just my .02, hope it helps.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
5500 said:
AFCO HE sold. If I can sell a slightly used LFP HE, I'll get in on the Gords. !

i shoul dhear form Gord today with his proposal. scrouge up the moola and just get it...someone will buy the LFP unit..

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
5500 said:
AFCO HE sold. If I can sell a slightly used LFP HE, I'll get in on the Gords. It is definitely the largest surface area and capacity of all, but most expensive. I've read a lot of posts by folks who've installed it without taking the nose off, but there's not much wiggle room when doing it with the nose on, which translates into greater chance for geeking up the fins on the HE. The time I saved by not dropping the nose, I spent double trying to comb out the geeked up fins on my HE!
how much are you asking for the LFP? I just PM'd you!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
pm me what u got? i have no idea....?????????

PM'ed you back..I think this is for another brand...my bad...not sure how I even got the PM...but, I asked the person why they sent it to me. Let me know when you get info on Gords..as that is the only one I will purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread