Anyone want to get a Gords HE?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Stang2WRX said:
Yes thats exactly what im saying...

Your wise comments get on peoples nerves man - not just mine.
Wise? He asked about a GordsFord heat exchanger. If he wanted your opinion about what heat exchanger to get I'm sure he would of said, "Dear Mr. Stang2WRX please tell me what heat exchanger you have because I'm sure you have the best and I want to be just like you."

The XMS HE is an excellent product, I'm 99% sure it's made for XMS by Ron Davis (Racing Radiators). Dimensions are very close to the gords, and it's a much better price.

I'm sure the XMS heat exchanger is an excellent product, Since you know Jake better than me, you should of known the man doesn't buy ANYTHING without doing his homework.

Dimensions are not the same. Gord is a mechanical engineer not a self proclaimed engineer like most of those car tuners/part sellers out there. If you want to know why his heat exchanger is better than the others you should call him and he will tell you himself, just like he told me.

Have a nice day.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
MALDUCATO1 said:
i picked up a comp orange cobra last sept but i didn't get to go to any shows or the track.

i'm from west warwick, hope i can meet up with some of you guys when this weather finally clears.

oh cool man..im in franklin ma..right around the corner kinda...deff keep watch here as we always do something!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
bassin247 said:
Since you know Jake better than me, you should of known the man doesn't buy ANYTHING without doing his homework.

am i THAT pickey? lol....yea..i guess i am...

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Hey..I am not in MA...but, MD..so, not to far away..I would be interested in a black GordsFord HE..let me know if I can get in...and what you hear.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
hmm..maybe i should just post this in the regular area for a big GP....ill see what Linn says first when i call her tomorrow

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
To get the GP price Gord needs to send them all to one address because he ships from canada and his stuff goes through customs. When customs inspects 3 items 1 time, it costs less than inspecting 1 item 3 times.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
bassin247 said:
To get the GP price Gord needs to send them all to one address because he ships from canada and his stuff goes through customs. When customs inspects 3 items 1 time, it costs less than inspecting 1 item 3 times.

Amazon Racing sells them too...im sure its more money though..im callin Linn tomorrow to see. you have the fans?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Davesnake said:
Actually Mike is the most entertaining guy on here....by far!

Dave

Why thank you Dave. If you see Lightning Joe around tell him HE IS THE MAN! He really bailed my ass out the other day. Since you hooked me up with his number you can be the man too! :beer:

:bowdown: Lighning Joe
:bowdown: Davesnake

Stang2WRX

Established Member
bassin247 said:
I'm sure the XMS heat exchanger is an excellent product, Since you know Jake better than me, you should of known the man doesn't buy ANYTHING without doing his homework.

Dimensions are not the same. Gord is a mechanical engineer not a self proclaimed engineer like most of those car tuners/part sellers out there. If you want to know why his heat exchanger is better than the others you should call him and he will tell you himself, just like he told me.

Have a nice day.

Never said Ron Davis made the best heat exchanger, OR that Jake should buy one... But they have been around a while, just giving jake some other options.

If he wants to do his HOMEWORK, he's more than welcome to, I'd be interested in hearing the difference in temps of one to the other, but that I know of.. these tests haven't been done by a 3rd party. That would be useful.

As for calling the company that makes them, you may have gotten some theory and details on the piece (and I agree that it's well made), but I am not so sure that is in measurably better than some other leading brands. (If you remember what he said could you post up a couple things... I'm interested in knowing).

I could call McDonalds tomorrow and they would tell me their food is the healthiest of all fast foods... I'm pretty sure they have an agenda.

Established Member
Just in case there are any bargain shoppers out there, I have a new in box AFCO HE that I'll sell for $300.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
bassin247 said:
No, not worth the money IMHO.

If you come back to the pit after a trip down the strip and stick you finger in the IC tank you will feel the fluid isn't that hot. Keeping the intercooler pump on and circulating doesn't do jack shit with HE fans on.

The only benefit in my opinion would be if you lived in miami or texas in 100+ heat, driving in stop and go traffic. Once the car is moving I think there is plenty of air flow to transfer the heat from the fluid into the air.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
bassin247 said:
Why thank you Dave. If you see Lightning Joe around tell him HE IS THE MAN! He really bailed my ass out the other day. Since you hooked me up with his number you can be the man too! :beer:

:bowdown: Lighning Joe
:bowdown: Davesnake

I'll tell him but he allready knows it trust me :rolleyes: allthough he certainly wasn't the man on the pool table Saturday night.....he'll prolly say he was letting me impress my date....

The last test I saw with about 5-6 HE, Gords was on top as far as cooling capassity (speeling) go's. I went with the AFCO, got a great deal on it. With the stock HE I did three back to back runs my 60's were consistant but my ET's and mph dropped every run. I installed the AFCO and ran three back to back runs again my ET's and mph were far more consistant than they were with the stocker. I stuck my finger in the IC tank after the runs and the coolant was not that hot either...thats what kept me from buying the fans, I don't see the need.

I think I would have bought the Gords if I were road racing more....the AFCO seems to be working out fine so far.

Dave

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
thanks dave...as some know though...im a pickey ass mofo and want the end tanks hidden...lol....plus i want the COBRA lettering... :rockon:

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
thanks dave...as some know though...im a pickey ass mofo and want the end tanks hidden...lol....plus i want the COBRA lettering... :rockon:

This is all you can see of my tanks....dosn't bother me but I guess it would some.....

racing_100th_056.gif

How much do they want for the COBRA lettering? I think you could do that yourself for under $10.

Dave

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
bassin247 said:
If you come back to the pit after a trip down the strip and stick you finger in the IC tank you will feel the fluid isn't that hot. Keeping the intercooler pump on and circulating doesn't do jack shit with HE fans on.

So help me out, I am not understanding your point. Are you saying even though the IC fluid is cool circulating still makes no difference or are you saying running the IC pump and running the HE fans at the same time makes no difference? :shrug: Sorry, please elaborate.

Thanks
David

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Cobra10th Anniv said:
So help me out, I am not understanding your point. Are you saying even though the IC fluid is cool circulating still makes no difference or are you saying running the IC pump and running the HE fans at the same time makes no difference? :shrug: Sorry, please elaborate.

Thanks
David

The intercooler cools the air off after it's compressed by the supercharger. Compressing the air (making boost) is what makes the heat. If you car isn't under boost the incoming air is usually a little hotter than ambient (outside air). So running your intercooler pump and HE fans with the motor off or idling does zero. The system isn't designed to cool down the supercharger, just the incoming air.

If you want to cool you car down get a bigger radiator. That would have more or an impact. If you don't want to spent the time or money I would get a big fan or a few little fans and 120v power source and blow air onto your engine for 15 minutes in between runs.

Ed used 2 little fans. He puts one on each side of the engine. It works great. It's cheap and you are draining your battery.

Users who are viewing this thread