anyone used a Division X stryker in a 99 Cobra?

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Cobi I'm running with no basket and no issues either.

It's all good. Check it..
6c43185a-37a4-5d50.jpg

Chances50

Established Member
I would drill a few 5/8" holes in the basket for good measure man! These pumps move ALOT of fuel and can suck the basket dry. Also in my case the stock fuel line fitting (the one that sets on top of the pump/basket was loose I had to mod mine to set tight so it wouldn't blow past it.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
^^ I agree I drilled holes at the bottom of my basket when I put the single aviator in.
Don't start the hole too big the plastic might split..

dwtjr3

Established Member
So brutal just drill holes in the bottom of the basket? Or side too?

And cobi wan what did you have to do to make the pump fit the basket?

dwtjr3

Established Member
And where you getting the modded fpdm at?

Does this pump fit into the stock 01 fuel hat and basket? Or just the 03 cobra?

Last edited:

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
I would drill a few 5/8" holes in the basket for good measure man! These pumps move ALOT of fuel and can suck the basket dry. Also in my case the stock fuel line fitting (the one that sets on top of the pump/basket was loose I had to mod mine to set tight so it wouldn't blow past it.

Done did it, mang! :D

not sure, man. It was a friend of mine that got it together.

And where you getting the modded fpdm at?

Does this pump fit into the stock 01 fuel hat and basket? Or just the 03 cobra?

modded FPDM can be found at WestCoastMustangs.com but they get them from these guys

also, that pump is sitting in the factory 99 basket and hat

Brutal Metal

Established Member

The holes in mine are at the bottom of the vertical sides NOT the bottom itself and Derek West Coast (Black306) is the man for modded fpdm's, mounting kits, wiring etc..

Last edited:

dwtjr3

Established Member
Ok thanks man, I just called walbro and muscle motors about the pumps going into thermal shut down like you guys said. And they told me the 340lph pump will support atleat 700 hp with 1/2" fuel line and proper injectors. And i asked them about the thermal shutdown and right away they asked if i will be running a BAP and i am so i said yeah and they told me that is why it is going into thermal shutdown they said its over volting the fpdm. They both told me that a BAP is not needed for under 700rwhp and that that is the cause of the problem.

So chances are you running a BAP? or were you when you had your pump go in to thermal shutdown?

dwtjr3

Established Member
Man i wonder why yours stopped, its got me worried now. I ordered one of these wednesday before this post was up and now im worried about it. I told them that you were saying your pump just locked up and that is the reason they told me for that happening. And i asked them if it would over work the pump being used returnless instead of return and they said no it performs equally in both setups all the way thru the rpm's. Now idk what to do

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Man i wonder why yours stopped, its got me worried now. I ordered one of these wednesday before this post was up and now im worried about it. I told them that you were saying your pump just locked up and that is the reason they told me for that happening. And i asked them if it would over work the pump being used returnless instead of return and they said no it performs equally in both setups all the way thru the rpm's. Now idk what to do

It's overdrawing the FPDM. It's not just cause by a BAP. Everything I have read suggests it. I'm not worried. If I start having an issue, I'll be throwing a modded FPDM in there and moving on.

dwtjr3

Established Member
Ok so you think that is the solution to the problem then? Then it should work fine? And i could use a BAP then too?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Ok thanks man, I just called walbro and muscle motors about the pumps going into thermal shut down like you guys said. And they told me the 340lph pump will support atleat 700 hp with 1/2" fuel line and proper injectors. And i asked them about the thermal shutdown and right away they asked if i will be running a BAP and i am so i said yeah and they told me that is why it is going into thermal shutdown they said its over volting the fpdm. They both told me that a BAP is not needed for under 700rwhp and that that is the cause of the problem.

So chances are you running a BAP? or were you when you had your pump go in to thermal shutdown?

Fricken dumbasses who told you that should have just kept their mouths shut if they weren't positive on the topic, that's not the reason why those pumps fail it's the voltage variations used when tuning the fuel tables for the returnless fuel systems. And a single 340lph without bap supporting 700 returnless is BULLSHIT!

harvboi05

Established Member
Drilling holes in the bucket renders it useless. You might as well put a termi/billet hat in there. This is an expensive hobby, after 500whp or so run twin pumps or a something inline. It will save you a few thousand when spend the extra few hundred.

Chances50

Established Member
honestly i dont see how the FPDM could have been my issue cause when my pump finally left me stranded 200 miles from home on theside of the highway i swapped in a stocker from the local autozone and it fired right up and got me home..

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
So, my theory was backed up by my tuner calling this morning asking if I went to a return style. When I said no, he then asked if the 340 pump is made for a factory FPDM. He said anything over 300 struggles with the higher amp load. Looks like a modded FPDM is probably in my future...

dwtjr3

Established Member
Fricken dumbasses who told you that should have just kept their mouths shut if they weren't positive on the topic, that's not the reason why those pumps fail it's the voltage variations used when tuning the fuel tables for the returnless fuel systems. And a single 340lph without bap supporting 700 returnless is BULLSHIT!

Trust me man i didnt believe it haha. Ofcourse they are going to tell me it supports 700 rwhp haha they wana sell me their product, my plans is just to get upper 400's like 480- 490 then when i get the money to build my fuel system ill up the power, the 340 and a BAP should be plenty for me for a lil while

Users who are viewing this thread