anyone used a Division X stryker in a 99 Cobra?

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Hey guys, after dropping the pump in the basket, it sits about 1/4" too high. Has anyone had experience with this?

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Here is a pic to see the problem.
6c43185a-40b7-8d02.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
Can you clearance the top a little to make room for the pump?

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Chances50

Established Member
i had the same issue with my Stealth 340 in about 2 months it locked up because it wasnt designed for returnless, unless your going return style i wouldnt recommend these pumps a guy i know has 2 stryker 340's in his 05 with it being retrunless and his went out this past week. they cant take the variable voltage.

Chances50

Established Member
That sucks since these are marketed as working in the returnless systems.

yep, i even asked Aeromotive about it before i installed one in my Mach it ran great for a couple months then it started getting hot and shutting down let the car set for a while start it up and it would run great til the pump got hot and shut down again. i did the wiring upgrade just to make sure there were no issues there as well. i sent that pump back in the called me and said the pump was getting hot for some reason told them what it was in and they claimed that to be the issue then acted like the didnt want to give me a warranty because they dont specify them being a direct replacement for the Mach.

Landon i had to do some major modifiing to my stock hat to make the pump fit get out a sawzaw and got to work, also make sure and cut a few holes in the basket cause that sucker will suck it dry! be ready to mod the line cause the factory line setup wont work either. might get a Cobra hat and stick in with it. be the easiest way.

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
yep, i even asked Aeromotive about it before i installed one in my Mach it ran great for a couple months then it started getting hot and shutting down let the car set for a while start it up and it would run great til the pump got hot and shut down again. i did the wiring upgrade just to make sure there were no issues there as well. i sent that pump back in the called me and said the pump was getting hot for some reason told them what it was in and they claimed that to be the issue then acted like the didnt want to give me a warranty because they dont specify them being a direct replacement for the Mach.

Landon i had to do some major modifiing to my stock hat to make the pump fit get out a sawzaw and got to work, also make sure and cut a few holes in the basket cause that sucker will suck it dry! be ready to mod the line cause the factory line setup wont work either. might get a Cobra hat and stick in with it. be the easiest way.

So, have you found a better option? I'm wondering if it would be better to just shell the cash for a dang inline.

Chances50

Established Member
I went return style when I did the blower. For our cars the only option for a stock replacement is the Focus, aviator or FGT with a BAP. And even then your limited.

I honestly think they are all the same pumps just have different names on them.

Last edited:

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
I went return style when I did the blower. For our cars the only option for a stock replacement is the Focus, aviator or FGT with a BAP. And even then your limited.

I honestly think they are all the same pumps just have different names on them.

You aren't making me feel excited here...

Read something about larger pumps overloading the stock FPDM. Could this be the problem you are having? It said it will cause thermal shutdown.

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I'm gonna be honest with your that 500 plateau is tough to support with a low fuel pump duty cycle % on a single with BAP, which means 03/04 Hat or aftermarket with twin GT pumps and a modded single fpdm, also throw the baffed Terminator tank in for good measure..

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
I'm gonna be honest with your that 500 plateau is tough to support with a low fuel pump duty cycle % on a single with BAP, which means 03/04 Hat or aftermarket with twin GT pumps and a modded single fpdm, also throw the baffed Terminator tank in for good measure..

I bought an 04 twin pump and hat, but the basket has to be modified or I need a termi tank. It's just getting damned expensive.

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
The 04 hat fits just fine, you have to remove the factory basket. I didn't have any issue not using a basket unless the tank was around 1/8th full or less.

Users who are viewing this thread