anyone upgrade their throttle body yet?

cubes

Established Member
It's been a couple weeks. Has anyone compared different throttle bodies yet?

mustangtaz

mustangtaz
Established Member
Throttle Body for 03 Cobra

:coolman: Helped a fellow 03 Cobra owner, at the Fun Ford event in Ennis yesterday, prepare to compete in his class. He had a single blade TB with a TB-to-Blower manifold from Paul's that worked very well, not to mention the 503 RWHP.

William
'03 Cobra
'00 ZX12R

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Re: Throttle Body for 03 Cobra

Originally posted by mustangtaz
He had a single blade TB with a TB-to-Blower manifold from Paul's that worked very well, not to mention the 503 RWHP.
503 RWHP, :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :thumbsup: What does the rest of his mods consist of? What kind of times did he run?

mustangtaz

mustangtaz
Established Member
03 Throttle Body

:coolman: ALLNTRL:

The car had the single-blade TB and runner previously mentioned, BBK full-length headers, Bassani X and cat-back system, 2.80" pulley, gutted airbox w/o filter or screen (crazy) and no chip. I put the boost bypass on it yesterday morning. Boost is about 16 psi initially, but falls off to about 11-12 psi in the upper rpms. At this HP level, the blower is probably unable to flow enough CFM to maintain the boost. The 503 RWHP was previously dynoed in Houston, 98 degrees and humid. The car has run mid 11s on some very exotic 19" wheels and street tires and, no doubt, will run a 10 in cooler weather. I was unable to see it run yesterday afternoon, so don't know how he did. I had a prior commitment and had to leave early.

William
'03 Cobra
'00 ZX12R

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Re: 03 Throttle Body

Originally posted by mustangtaz
:coolman: ALLNTRL:

The car had the single-blade TB and runner previously mentioned, BBK full-length headers, Bassani X and cat-back system, 2.80" pulley, gutted airbox w/o filter or screen (crazy) and no chip. I put the boost bypass on it yesterday morning. Boost is about 16 psi initially, but falls off to about 11-12 psi in the upper rpms. At this HP level, the blower is probably unable to flow enough CFM to maintain the boost. The 503 RWHP was previously dynoed in Houston, 98 degrees and humid. The car has run mid 11s on some very exotic 19" wheels and street tires and, no doubt, will run a 10 in cooler weather. I was unable to see it run yesterday afternoon, so don't know how he did.
:thumbsup: SWEEEEEET!!!! Is he going to get to make Bowling Green next weekend?

Terminator03

banned
yeah heres pauls full intake with big single blade ported and polished. and a different intake tube from the throttle body to supercharger the stock one is very restrictive. No dyno yet but huge noticable difference.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Is the Pauls unit a modified accufab, or a unique piece?

Anyone ever use the accufab on anything? I have one i am going to try to make work, although it has no throttle air bypass passage. It appears like there may be a way to drill one and have it meet with the top of the 'epiglottis" looking thing in the blower intake tube, although most of that will need to be removed to allow the single blade to open.

Anyone not use the TAB, and just leave the TB slightly cracked open?

JT

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
What is the web site for Pauls........or phone number for ordering details. Do you know the price or avalibility?????

Lomancobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Terminator03
yeah heres pauls full intake with big single blade ported and polished. and a different intake tube from the throttle body to supercharger the stock one is very restrictive. No dyno yet but huge noticable difference.

Terminator, do you know what A/F ratio you are using? And do you plan on getting dynoed anytime soon?

Users who are viewing this thread