anyone upgrade their throttle body yet?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I saw the Accufab single blade TB on a few sites and I was wondering in anyone has installed it and verified its 8-10hp gain in both hp and tq.

Are there any other throttle bodies currently out on the market?

I think this may be my next mod. I will be looking in to purchasing one once my exhaust gets here, installed, dyno tested, and drag raced (few weeks).

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Is a twin or single TB better for our cars? I don't know what the performance difference is between the two.

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
Will the BBK Twin-62mm TB fit the application? That may not be a bad alternative....

It should bolt right up. When I get my stock dyno I will use my 62mm twin t-body.

The single blade design tb has been proven to flow better.:beer:

IRON MACHINE

Established Member
There is a fellow with login name BABOLT who makes very nice throttle bodies. I believe that JDM sells the BABOLT ones for the Lightning, and probably will do so for the Cobra I would imagine. Do a search on his login and you can find some picts. He has done a lot of R&D to get these into shape.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I've seen his posts in the past. I didn't think he had a final product that was available yet.

I was at JDM's tent at FFW in Epping a few weekends ago and they were selling accufab polished throttle bodies for 500 bucks. I wasn't very happy with the guys there. They were not very interested in conversation. I don't know if they were to preoccupied with racing, but if you are going to set up a tent and try to sell shit, the least you could do is have someone available to answer the questions the buyers are going to have.

Last edited:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Twin 57mm.

I want one also but $500 for a throttle body is pretty steep! Someone should get a GP started.

BTW, a buddy of mine said that with the Accufab unit or equivalent, 20rwhp can be expected on an '03 running the L pulley and bolt-ons.

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip
Twin 57mm.

I want one also but $500 for a throttle body is pretty steep! Someone should get a GP started.

Now that is an idea if I ever heard one.

Blackcobra

Established Member
E-mailed Accufab

I e-mailed Accufab last night to ask if they had developed a throttle body for the 03 Cobra. They said they are working on one now. Here is their reply e-mail:

To: Blackcobra
Date: Thursday - August 29, 2002 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: Throttle body for 2003 SVT Cobra

Thank you for your question about whether we have a throttle body for the 03 Cobra. Sorry, not yet. We are working on one now.

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Originally posted by cobra racing
I heard Lidio at Alternative auto got over 20 rwhp by installing a single blade Accufab
That was BABOLT's T.B. NOT Accufab's. ;-)

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
The spacer is needed because the upper tube that connects the throttle body to the supercharger has twin holes that match the stock throttle body. Unless you remove this obstacle then adding any other throttle body will basically be useless. Take a look at the attached picture where BABolt did modify the obstacle and you can tell how big it actually is.

BABolt's upper tube
fd7ffe12.jpg

BABolt's Throttle body and upper tube together.
fd81da8f.jpg

Litenin75

Established Member
I don't know anything about the new Cobras, aside from the fact that they are fast as S@#$. But, I do know that with Ford's other supercharged application, the L, the single blade T/B flows better and gives a little horsepower. It really yields a better throttle response, which yields a faster boost response.
Faster Boost=More power!!!!!

Lomancobra

Established Member
So whats the deal with the cobras fuel system being limited to 450 rwhp, seems like that number is already being overtaken by some guys. Seems pointless to invest 500 in a TB that gives you HP that you can't use anyway. Why cant we just up the fuel system?

i8u

Established Member
I'm confused. Are you saying that the holes are only 57 mm in the upper intake tube. Therefore the my 62mm twin tb will not open all the way without porting the upper intake to 62mm. Or does this just affect single blade units?:??:

i8u

Established Member
I hope $5000 was a typo. I think the single blade was around $500. BBK 62mm Twin tb lists for $329 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread