Anyone That Attended, or will be Attending Future MW's

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
Im passing this along, since no one else has on here.

[ame=http://www.mustangweek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2598]PLEASE post this on every site you go too - Mustang Week Forums[/ame]

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Thanks or posting.

This blows so bad. Mustang Week @ MB has turned into a tradition for many people, such as myself and my friends. Its not just going down to look at mustangs anymore, its taking a small slither of time away from our busy schedules to appreciate what keeps us going, what makes us tick. MW @ MB is a week that you plan for 6 months and you know when you get there you are going to enjoy it with thousands of other enthusiasts.

I know the law has us strapped down pretty tight and it seems that their way of creating revenue for the town is to give us a ticket for the most rediculous reasons, but the bottom line is they don't want anyone to get hurt or killed, and I know that the Mustang Week Staff, the Mustang Week enthusiasts, and the family that just happened to be at the beach the same time as Mustang Week, agree 100%.

For Mustang Week to be cancled would be devistating to both us and Myrtle Beach.

saleencobra

Established Member
this will never stop unless there are police posted outside. plain and simple. as nice it'd be to say oh please dont leave fast or burnout and have everyone listen... yea in a dream world.. with as many people and car's that participate you will never, ever... ever ever have all the people listen .

wish it wasnt like that but it is.

01MGSVT

Established Member
i do agree but out of the last 3 years ive been going, this year had seemed to be alot more calmed down as far as people leaving the events..i know mustang week 2009 everyone smoked the tires leaving the mall..so to me there was alot less burning out this year than previous years.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
this will never stop unless there are police posted outside. plain and simple. as nice it'd be to say oh please dont leave fast or burnout and have everyone listen... yea in a dream world.. with as many people and car's that participate you will never, ever... ever ever have all the people listen .

wish it wasnt like that but it is.

I've seen the event organizers try to get the various organizations to post a patrol car outside the events to no avail. Perhaps those agencies should become a bit more proactive in preventing such displays.

MustangAddict

Established Member
I love mustang week and Myrtle Beach I even went this year without a mustang for the first time. To say lets put a stop to burnouts is just stupid you'll never be able to control it completely. The organizers can't hire a couple of off-duty officers to be posted at the exit of the mall? I also think that probably 95% of people that post on these boards are not the one's causing these issues it's a younger group mostly. :shrug:

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Agreed, its not going to stop. Troopers and local PD were on the median this year, in MARKED units. People were telling drivers before they exited their were LEO there and the burnouts continued.

Hiring off duty officers is expensive and the MW staff does not make money organizing these events and I doubt those that attend will contribute to make this happen.

This message has been posted on other forums and 95% of the people reading it agree, its got to stop. However the other 5% believe they have the "right" to drive their car like they want to and will continue to show out. Some blame the people standing on the side, if not in the road for pressuring drivers to light the tires and some of those drivers give in. But not one of those people is funding the ticket or insurance cost.

Once the driver is lit up by the officer, everyone says "Go go" as in make a run for it. So common sense there is saying they are telling the driver to act without any regard for the innocent people attending or simply driving by. You hear nothing but "BOO" and people talking crap about the officers, FOR DOING THEIR JOBS! Everyone is a professional driver and have the mentality," It wont happen to me". It happens to someone, so why not it be you? No wrecks in '10, but alot of tickets. The BS tickets I have heard about I do not agree with, but tickets for going through the gears,burnouts etc I agree with. Once you draw that type of attention you are going to hold a ticket for several if not ALL the questionable/illegal mods. No one to blame except yourself and this is not a theory about money, its about enforcing the laws to keep people safe.

redrockett

Established Member
I totally do agree but I do believe if someone would keep the people off the side of 17 a lot of it would stop... that's the only reason they are standing out there. Maybe a few just to hear the cars but the majority to see them go through the gears. It will be too late when one of them comes through the crowd.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I totally agree its unbelievable how many people just don't care. This was my first one and I'm planning on going again next year with some more people. I love it, but if it ends due to this it's going to be very upsetting. I mean they had a burnout contest at the speedway, do it there? And yea I agree they need to try and keep people off the side of the road instigating this stuff.

mickeysvt

Established Member
Remember what happened to bike week at Myrtle Beach. Same can happen to MW. It is always the minority of attendees that screw things up for the rest.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
This was my first MW as well (unfortunately couldnt bring the car due to hitting a possum on the way down lol) but i am looking forward to next year already and bringing the car down and it would really suck for MW to end. I planned on going to everyone from here on out

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
As many of you know, this has been a continued problem for us (MW Staff). No matter how many times I get on the mic and beg people to curb the burnouts, they still do them. No matter how many times I go over with the bullhorn and ask the folks on the side of US 17 to move and stop urging people, they still stand there with their cameras.

Why should we have to spend more money on enforcement when all it would take is for the folks standing on that curb and those driving irresponsibly to stop and think... what would happen if I loose contol? What if a car jumps the curb into the crowd watching/recording and cheering? Who cares about MW, what if a life is taken? What if some innocent family w/ their kids, just trying to go to the mall, is hit and a child is hurt or killed?

We are going to be more proactive this coming year than ever before. Trust me, I'm normally the first one to call the local law enforcement and beg for their prescence. Our number one concern is safety, but we can't make people act like responsible adults.

And... move MW somewhere else??? We have been organizing this for more going on 10 years now and we've seen other events start and fail. MW owes much of its success to its location. Just moving it elsewhere won't solve anything. No other place will let you drive with wreckless abandon on its streets.

Help us by addressing the real problem. Don't blame it on lack of law enforcement. Don't blame it on the Staff, because there is only so much we can do. It all comes down to this.... make the decision when you get behind the wheel to NOT be a part of the problem.

Just my two cents worth.
Brad W.
MW Staff

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
As many of you know, this has been a continued problem for us (MW Staff). No matter how many times I get on the mic and beg people to curb the burnouts, they still do them. No matter how many times I go over with the bullhorn and ask the folks on the side of US 17 to move and stop urging people, they still stand there with their cameras.

Why should we have to spend more money on enforcement when all it would take is for the folks standing on that curb and those driving irresponsibly to stop and think... what would happen if I loose contol? What if a car jumps the curb into the crowd watching/recording and cheering? Who cares about MW, what if a life is taken? What if some innocent family w/ their kids, just trying to go to the mall, is hit and a child is hurt or killed?

We are going to be more proactive this coming year than ever before. Trust me, I'm normally the first one to call the local law enforcement and beg for their prescence. Our number one concern is safety, but we can't make people act like responsible adults.

And... move MW somewhere else??? We have been organizing this for more going on 10 years now and we've seen other events start and fail. MW owes much of its success to its location. Just moving it elsewhere won't solve anything. No other place will let you drive with wreckless abandon on its streets.

Help us by addressing the real problem. Don't blame it on lack of law enforcement. Don't blame it on the Staff, because there is only so much we can do. It all comes down to this.... make the decision when you get behind the wheel to NOT be a part of the problem.

Just my two cents worth.
Brad W.
MW Staff

100% agree with you on this. I can't wait for next year.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
i cant wait until next year either...the event was a blast i never had so much fun in my whole life..mustang after mustang was a dream for me..alot of people this year (1st year but seen vids) seemed to just runt he gears out..there was a few doin holeshots for sure before the police arrived but it slowed down...its tough to get them to stop..but now i know this is goin down i will deff just take off easy..and tell my buddies that are coming with me to do the same! love the event i hope it doesnt move or end

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I drove my car like a damn angel all week. Plus my g/f was with me and she hates when a screw off so that helped also. I want to book the hotel right now haha. I loved the place I stayed, nice and quiet but right on the strip near sands south.

Users who are viewing this thread