Anyone still running the Ghost Cam Tune from Lund?

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
I guess you feel superior now? While I do think there are ricey aspects to getting the ghost cam...I think you're just making yourself feel superior like I'm doing right now. :poke:

I don't show my car...but I don't see what the big deal is in a temporary tune for appearance. Now, if I rolled into work and sometimes I had the cam tune and sometimes I didn't...that would be ricey and a bit ghey.
Regardless of how superior or inferior I feel, this tune is still the biggest piece of poser shit ever.

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
The reason I ask is because I know a bunch of tuners gave up on it and I know lethal and Evo are selling the Lund version again. Anyone still using it? I read a #8 thread somewhere that said the guy was running the cam tune from Lund. I didnt want to start another #8 thread, but I wanted to know if you guys are still running this tune and how is it running from day to day? I still want it bad, but if the current version is still on the edge or very quirky then I think I will pass. And I dont care about gas mileage. This would be a strictly rolling into the car show and getting the looks tune. Not a DD or racetrack tune. What are the current thoughts on this?

I have a 2011 GT w/man trans, and I recently bought a SCT through Lethal Performance with Jon Lund's 93 aggressive cammed tune. I talked to Jared at Lethal for some time, and it was my conversation with him that made me feel good enough to give it a shot.
I haven't got exhaust yet, so the car doesn't sound as good as those on YouTube. Without exhaust, it sounds like it has a miss. Also, with the AC on, the RPM's surge every once in a while to about 1200-1300 RPM. With AC off, it is very steady and will sound great with exhaust. Moreover, I feel like the more exhaust one has, the better the sound will be.
Now for the bad. The tune really drops the RPM's, and when slowing down, you will have to engage your clutch a lot sooner than you are currently use to. I push in at about 1200 RPM because if it drops to 1000, the car surges like crazy. Also, I wasn't prepared for the roughness of the idle, it's just like having cams, and this aspect really surprised me. The car shakes only while idling. Lastly, I was ready to switch back to stock, but have since gotten use to the roughness. The tune is great performance wise, and after you drive it, you will tell it is safe and not hurting the car.
Long story short, I feel Lund's tune is safe, and the car will sound great with exhaust. I just wasn't expecting to have to change my driving habits, but after a few weeks, I am use to it. :beer:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Lunds tunes are not "on edge", the factory knock sensors remain stock and there are hundreds of cars running all types of his tunes. I feel that you will be satisfied with his tune as not only is a great tune (cammed or not), but you also get the best customer service from Lethal/Lund.

Puts a ton of stress on the valvetrain and rods. I wouldn't do it.

It does not put more stress on valvetrain and rods, how did you come to this conclusion? The only thing that changes are valve opening/closing events, but the lift and duration remains the same (there is no way to change this w/o actually changing the cams). Maybe other tuners are saying this because they can't make a reliable cammed tune?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I have a 2011 GT w/man trans, and I recently bought a SCT through Lethal Performance with Jon Lund's 93 aggressive cammed tune. I talked to Jared at Lethal for some time, and it was my conversation with him that made me feel good enough to give it a shot.
I haven't got exhaust yet, so the car doesn't sound as good as those on YouTube. Without exhaust, it sounds like it has a miss. Also, with the AC on, the RPM's surge every once in a while to about 1200-1300 RPM. With AC off, it is very steady and will sound great with exhaust. Moreover, I feel like the more exhaust one has, the better the sound will be.
Now for the bad. The tune really drops the RPM's, and when slowing down, you will have to engage your clutch a lot sooner than you are currently use to. I push in at about 1200 RPM because if it drops to 1000, the car surges like crazy. Also, I wasn't prepared for the roughness of the idle, it's just like having cams, and this aspect really surprised me. The car shakes only while idling. Lastly, I was ready to switch back to stock, but have since gotten use to the roughness. The tune is great performance wise, and after you drive it, you will tell it is safe and not hurting the car.
Long story short, I feel Lund's tune is safe, and the car will sound great with exhaust. I just wasn't expecting to have to change my driving habits, but after a few weeks, I am use to it. :beer:

have you datalogged your tune?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
And like DRIVINGLESSON found out, the tune is not purely sound, the car WILL drive like it has a big set of cams. We tell this to every customer, BE PREPARED to relearn how to drive the car. If you've ever had a car with a large cam, and you didn't like the low speed driveability, then this tune IS NOT for you. The car WILL shake at idle, you WILL have to leave a stop with more RPM, etc, just like having real cams.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
And like DRIVINGLESSON found out, the tune is not purely sound, the car WILL drive like it has a big set of cams. We tell this to every customer, BE PREPARED to relearn how to drive the car. If you've ever had a car with a large cam, and you didn't like the low speed driveability, then this tune IS NOT for you. The car WILL shake at idle, you WILL have to leave a stop with more RPM, etc, just like having real cams.

Yea, and that was the reason i could never DD my 94 cobra. It was just a pain in the ass to drive so it sat and sat and sat.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I did not have a hard time adapting to the cammed tune at all. car runs great and the only 2 issues i have with the tune is:

1. any speeds above 20mph if you put the car in neutral (M6) the car wont cam and the idle stays above 1200... its no a big deal though so its w/e.

2. i have the 93 octane version and i wish i got the 91 just in case i got some crap gas but oh well.

its just a sound guys that's all so just stop the bashing, its the same with the terminator guys who go out of their way to make the blower whine more... who gives a crap seriously. and for the stress on the motor... what about real cammed cars? is that any better? built or not so don't come back with that either.

as for the #8 issue consider it a reason to go built :lol1:

oh yea i put down right at 400RWHP and 372RWTQ on a mustang dyno with a good A/F right off the street warmed up and outside temp around 100.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Has the Ford track key thing be released yet?

I'm interested to see how that tune functions, given that it tuned by the Ford engineers who actual designed the car.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Has the Ford track key thing be released yet?

I'm interested to see how that tune functions, given that it tuned by the Ford engineers who actual designed the car.

Not yet. Everyone who owns a Boss is waiting on :fm:CARB:fm: to approve the calibration.

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
Now you're just proving my point. I'd expect this kind of attitude if you were coming from Newport...but Anaheim? Pleeze.
So, first it had something to do with my inferiority complex and NOW it has something to do with what city I live in? I'm not sure I see your point. :rollseyes

DTRAIN_WV

Established Member
I'm sorry but I just don't see the point of a "ghost cam" it seems rather ricey to me. It would be like putting an intercooler on the front of a civic so everyone thinks you have a turbo when in fact you just have an interfooler.

this is just my opinion so flame away...

No, because putting in an intercooler makes people think you have FI.

The ghost cam tune changes the settings already available to change on the Ti-VCT. You aren't advertising anything you don't have unless Ford built the coyote without camshafts and nobody told me about it.

It's no different than installing a axle back. You do it for the sound. If you believe that is rice, then we would have to agree to disagree,

And FYI, I've heard a new cammed 5.0 and there is barely any sound difference between that and stock. Granted, this wasn't a super aggressive track-cam. Just a comp stage 1.

Now, if someone asks you if you cammed out your car and you tell them yes, by all means, that's rice as shit.

And to answer the OPs question. I've had my 93 aggressive cammed tune since July and I daily drive my car in traffic every day. I don't floor it everywhere I do, but I don't baby it either.

I just got back from a 1,000 mile trip to WV and back through the mountains with my buddy and his shelby. No problems at all. Runs like a champ.

If you've already been driving with an aggressive tune and haven't popped a #8, then you probably won't have any issues with going with Lund's tune if that's your choice.

:beer:

Last edited:

DTRAIN_WV

Established Member

I don't think it's as bad as some make it out to be.

Yes, it will buck earlier than usual and no more cruising around town @ 1,750 rpms in 6th to get a decent mpg.

The rpm does stay right around 2,000 doing over 20mph in neutral, but I don't think that would affect anyone's driveability at all.

However, I wouldn't go as far as to say you have to relearn how to drive the car.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I don't think it's as bad as some make it out to be.

Yes, it will buck earlier than usual and no more cruising around town @ 1,750 rpms in 6th to get a decent mpg.

The rpm does stay right around 2,000 doing over 20mph in neutral, but I don't think that would affect anyone's driveability at all.

However, I wouldn't go as far as to say you have to relearn how to drive the car.

We say you have to relearn because if we didn't, customers would be under the impression the car would be JUST LIKE STOCK in which it will not be. If you were on our side of the telephone, you would understand why we have to cover our bases ;-)

03_100th

Established Member
The reason I ask is because I know a bunch of tuners gave up on it and I know lethal and Evo are selling the Lund version again. Anyone still using it? I read a #8 thread somewhere that said the guy was running the cam tune from Lund. I didnt want to start another #8 thread, but I wanted to know if you guys are still running this tune and how is it running from day to day? I still want it bad, but if the current version is still on the edge or very quirky then I think I will pass. And I dont care about gas mileage. This would be a strictly rolling into the car show and getting the looks tune. Not a DD or racetrack tune. What are the current thoughts on this?

I ran it up until July then I had to take it off due to installing a turbo and needing a retune.

I had no troubles with it at all. No drivability issues. car never stalled like I have read before in some forums. I would have kept it in my car if I had not installed the turbo. If I have a chance, I may actually take a trip to see Lund and have him tune my car again and add the cammed idle back in. I am in a car club here in Kentucky and all the members loved the way my car sounded....

The mods at that time were a JLT CAI, magnaflow OR X-pipe and just the tune. I ran a 12.72 @112 with bad traction and my first time out with the car on the strip.

Hope this helps you make a decision.....:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread