Anyone still running the Ghost Cam Tune from Lund?

SicShelby09

Banned
The reason I ask is because I know a bunch of tuners gave up on it and I know lethal and Evo are selling the Lund version again. Anyone still using it? I read a #8 thread somewhere that said the guy was running the cam tune from Lund. I didnt want to start another #8 thread, but I wanted to know if you guys are still running this tune and how is it running from day to day? I still want it bad, but if the current version is still on the edge or very quirky then I think I will pass. And I dont care about gas mileage. This would be a strictly rolling into the car show and getting the looks tune. Not a DD or racetrack tune. What are the current thoughts on this?

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
I want to buy one REALLY bad too.:beer: How many tunes can the SCT x3 hold at one time? I figure I would buy the "ghost cam tune" for car shows and such and switch over to another 93 octane tune for everyday driving. I don't care what anyone says, a car that sounds or is "cammed up" is strictly BADASS!!:rockon: I sold my 1990 Gt to buy the 2012 GT and the 2012 exceeds the 90' by far in every aspect except for the "cammed sound":(. My 90' had a custom ground Bennett camshaft which sounded amazing. I like the "old school" look and sound no matter what these other guys on this forum say.:bash: I'm all for it:thumbsup:

BV600

Established Member
Im thinking about getting this too, want to hear how some peoples have been running with the tune.

05_Evolution

I wish I was fast
Established Member
Bodymore, Murderland (Baltimore, Maryland)
I'm sorry but I just don't see the point of a "ghost cam" it seems rather ricey to me. It would be like putting an intercooler on the front of a civic so everyone thinks you have a turbo when in fact you just have an interfooler.

this is just my opinion so flame away...

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sorry but I just don't see the point of a "ghost cam" it seems rather ricey to me. It would be like putting an intercooler on the front of a civic so everyone thinks you have a turbo when in fact you just have an interfooler.

I agree with you 100% :thumbsup:

Joeazhp

Established Member
Puts a ton of stress on the valvetrain and rods. I wouldn't do it.

thats a dumb statement. all the tuner is doing is putting in big swings of timing at idle. In the ls world tuners do it all the time to baby cam cars to make them sound much larger then they are. no performance gains just a sound is all. i do however think its kinda lame on a stock car to have the sound of an aftermarket camshaft when you dont.

Turbosixx

Established Member

I agree as well.

Grant808

Established Member

I guess you feel superior now? While I do think there are ricey aspects to getting the ghost cam...I think you're just making yourself feel superior like I'm doing right now. :poke:

I don't show my car...but I don't see what the big deal is in a temporary tune for appearance. Now, if I rolled into work and sometimes I had the cam tune and sometimes I didn't...that would be ricey and a bit ghey.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
This is funny, when it comes to the whole ghost cam debate. Some reputable tuners have stated the ghost cam tune adds stress to the engine and you people shove it off as some kind of voodoo because its a Lund product and it MUST be right. However, when these reputable tuners say the whole #8 madness is due to fords inability to design an engine you jump on it like a fat chick after a cupcake and heavily agree.

If you go asking me to back up these claims, i'm not going to hold your hand and use the search button for you. Just do a friggin search and you'll see which tuners are the ones saying these statements.

Users who are viewing this thread