Anyone shot a magnum 500 before? [emoji50]

joshcarp81

Established Member
good times with the big hoss. my uncle's friend has shot his enough that he caused permanent nerve damage by his thumbs from the recoil.... before my uncle's friends I rented one at an I door range a few times. they insisted only one round in the cylinder and the wife wasn't allowed to shoot it! lol.

CGLhawk260

Established Member
The recoil from a 500 SW with a 8 3/8 barrel is not that bad if use a Fusion 325 grain bullet. If you work your way up to 700 it will hurt your wrist. The 460 SW is my favorite gun with a Fusion 300 it will shake the ground and attract a crowd with cameras at your local gun range. The ammo ain't cheap range toy use only for me

03'Darin

Established Member
A couple of my friends have them but I've never shot them. I have 2 Desert Eagle .50 cals that I've shot a lot. They are very similar to the 500 except its a semi vs the revolver.

I did a wild boar hunt right after i got the first one and shot a boar with it. The most fun of those guns is shooting things to see the damage they do. If you aren't afraid of the gun and can hold it steady it's pretty accurate.

I let people shoot my .50 and the most common reaction after 1 shot is... "here, you can have this back".

Papaw

Established Member
I had a Super Redhawk in .454 and was perfectly happy with it until the S&W 500 came out. Sold the Ruger to get the Smith and LOVE it!
The recoil of the .500 is stronger but feels less punishing than the .454 to me at least. 8-3/8 barrel with integral comp. That S&W is a BIG gun! Some people fall dead just seeing it.

lmurtha1

Name Taker
Established Member
I've shot a few- it's a Cool but useless round unless you are trying to take out 5 people at once or want to be Dwayne Johnson equivalent in faster. Id say a good majority couldn't handle one in a grizzly bear encounter/attack (better options for hiking), or just conversation piece that you occasionally take out and spent $1 a round blowing sh*t up. I'd still prob buy one if I had some coin laying around.

That guy in video is going feel some pain or lose that left thumb from chamber last if he keeps holding that revolver like a glock. Different grip

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
I shot 4 rounds and my hand hurt for a week lol 50cal Desert Eagle is where its at. Massive power but your hand doesn't hurt

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
A couple of my friends have them but I've never shot them. I have 2 Desert Eagle .50 cals that I've shot a lot. They are very similar to the 500 except its a semi vs the revolver.

I did a wild boar hunt right after i got the first one and shot a boar with it. The most fun of those guns is shooting things to see the damage they do. If you aren't afraid of the gun and can hold it steady it's pretty accurate.

I let people shoot my .50 and the most common reaction after 1 shot is... "here, you can have this back".

I've had the same reaction with mine, only had two people actually take more than one shot, one of whom got lazy on the second shot and caught the barrel to the head leaving a mark, lol. I love it just for the sheer fun and destruction it causes.

Users who are viewing this thread