Anyone see Street Outlaws vs Fast N Loud ?

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I was thinking, did you see where Aaron was living? Someone's personal finances are non of my business. But, those last few episodes after he left and while he was building that BMW to race Farmtruck and Azn's car showed his house.
And I'm being objective when I say this but I would have guessed differently.
Makes me think he ain't getting any of the money Richard is getting and that's the main reason he's leaving.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Always wondered that as well. They showed his house in a few earlier episodes and he seems to live modestly. Definitely not as flashy as Richard but a quick Google search quoted his net worth at $3 million.

4a7191a

Established Member
Nice, the man's living modesty for sure then. Smart , but we all knew he was a smart guy just from the show.
If I had lottery money id pay him to do me something one of a kind for sure.

SlySy

My son watches My Little Pony???wtf
Established Member
This may be a rumor but I read that the reason Aaron is leaving is the syndication money. I seen this a long time ago on some forum before it was ever brought up in the media, a guy started a thread saying Aaron was going to be leaving Gas Monkey. I had to check it out because I was a fan of the show, I thought "No way, he can't leave". Aaron and the crew all got paid for the first run but now the show is a success and there are 6 seasons and it's time to show re-runs, Richard is being greedy and keeping all the royalties for himself.

08mojo

Established Member
This may be a rumor but I read that the reason Aaron is leaving is the syndication money. I seen this a long time ago on some forum before it was ever brought up in the media, a guy started a thread saying Aaron was going to be leaving Gas Monkey. I had to check it out because I was a fan of the show, I thought "No way, he can't leave". Aaron and the crew all got paid for the first run but now the show is a success and there are 6 seasons and it's time to show re-runs, Richard is being greedy and keeping all the royalties for himself.

I don't blame him for leaving--and it would explain the smile on his face when he told Richard goodbye (yes, I understand that was part of the scripted show, and not how it actually happened in real life).

Love Richard or hate him, if he had the foresight to setup potential royalties from the show at the very beginning, he's a smart man. I'm certain they all signed some sort of contract or at least had insight into the contracts in-place. Many will think it makes Richard a dick, but I'd say Aaron has done VERY well for being a fabricator/mechanic. He's very talented, but there are a lot of talented people out there that would love to have a net worth of $3M. That wasn't done without the business success that Richard helped grow...one might even argue that Richard was responsible for making the business/money side bigger than life.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Well I will say something I think no one's said yet- Without Aaron, there would be no GmG or Richard in sparkling skinny jeans. I think Aaron started out as friends with him and they were doing the friend business thing. It grew and grew and then the whole "friend" thing went out of the window and ta-da. Here we are.

As someone that has and still does build cars for others (against my better judgement), no way I'd build my creations and let someone label them as "theirs" to then reap the rewards in the end. Aaron should've realized he was the artist of the whole thing and without him, that shop would be just another tumbleweed in Texas.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Nice, the man's living modesty for sure then. Smart , but we all knew he was a smart guy just from the show.
If I had lottery money id pay him to do me something one of a kind for sure.
If your a machinist you'd notice he has some pretty high dollar stuff in that garage as far as equipment goes. I like his setup. I'd kill to have that much space to store cars.

SirShaun

Established Member
Aaron may be sitting on quite a bit of land too. In the show, I noticed the horses and the dirt bike he rode in on. Modest house or not, he could be sitting on acres of some prime real estate near Dallas. You start buying acreage in the right area, and a million dollars happens quick.

Users who are viewing this thread