Anyone see Street Outlaws vs Fast N Loud ?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I feel like if I were to hang out with RR or Aaron and have a few adult beverages I might want to tear the head off either body and shit down their throat.

I thought Aaron was supposed to be a decent guy to hang around. Or at least that's what the internet said when fast and loud was still fairly new.

SirShaun

Established Member
I was disappointed in how Chief carried himself. He cried, kicked and screamed. To have such a big pair of balls where his brain used to be, he sure did have a lot of reasons to not race. You can't fault Richard for using for his resources.

Richard actually carried himself well, I thought. He took a pretty good verbal ass whipping from chief and kept composure. They built a bad ass car, and should be proud of what they accomplished.

Really hoping a rematch goes down at some point, because I know that Hemi Blown Hell Cat has more in it.

I'm not sure how I feel about Aaron leaving Gas Monkey Garage. I'm wondering if I will still be as interested in the show now. I enjoyed seeing his ideas play out.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I was disappointed in how Chief carried himself. He cried, kicked and screamed. To have such a big pair of balls where his brain used to be, he sure did have a lot of reasons to not race. You can't fault Richard for using for his resources.

Richard actually carried himself well, I thought. He took a pretty good verbal ass whipping from chief and kept composure. They built a bad ass car, and should be proud of what they accomplished.

Really hoping a rematch goes down at some point, because I know that Hemi Blown Hell Cat has more in it.

I'm not sure how I feel about Aaron leaving Gas Monkey Garage. I'm wondering if I will still be as interested in the show now. I enjoyed seeing his ideas play out.

I thought Richard looked like an idiot. The part where he thought they won based on ET was cringe worthy. How can you back a race team and not know how racing even works?

I think the Midwest guys got a little too carried away with it but I understood their viewpoint. It was supposed to be Midwest vs Gas Monkey not Laughlin Motorsports. They claimed to have built the car but did you see a single Gas Monkey mechanic touching the car at the track the entire episode? Nope.

All the bullshit aside the racing was cool, with Aaron and Farmbird too.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Tried to watch it on youtube yesterday but it had already been taken down, anyone have any links?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I can't stand watching these scripted car shows anymore.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Would be way cooler had they gotten someone like beater bomb or fr8trn to show up and rock both of their worlds.

But alas, no way that would happen.

SirShaun

Established Member
I thought Richard looked like an idiot. The part where he thought they won based on ET was cringe worthy. How can you back a race team and not know how racing even works?

All the bullshit aside the racing was cool, with Aaron and Farmbird too.

I agree, almost forgot about Richard not knowing how win lights work lol, I definitely cringed at that part. Midwest does have Lutz, which is kind of a big deal. Richard had to do something, because I'm not sure anyone on the GMG team had made a track adjustment before. I was impressed they figured the cars out in 3-4 shakedown passes.

Would be way cooler had they gotten someone like beater bomb or fr8trn to show up and rock both of their worlds.

But alas, no way that would happen.

These cars were going low 4's through the 1/8th. I'm not sure beater bomb or fr8trn would of been any competition. Maybe against BoostedGT it would of been interesting.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I wasn't a big GMG fan, now that Aaron left, I probably won't watch it that much anymore.

I really enjoy Street Outlaws though. Overall the racing is cool and everyone i have met from the show seem down to earth and genuine for sure. (Justin, sean, boosted and dave.)

Its just a tv show. Its gonna have a bit of fabricated/cut in drama. They are trying to appeal to a wide audience. If it just catered to the hardcore enthusiast, it would last 1 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
I agreed with chief 100%. He wasn't out of line in anyway. It's not his fault aaron left a deal is a deal. And there is a big difference between your garage building it and the car being built in your garage. I mean aside from a couple episodes you don't see Laughlin motorsports ever. When you watch gas monkey you don't see them you see the guys that's there that build the show cars. The deal was chief and Shawn(Midwest) vs Richard and aaron(gas monkey). Richard had an insanely high dollar team working with him, and def an INSANE amount of money in the car. All Richard is, is a rich guy that came across as a complete prick. And he still got what he deserved. If he wouldn't have hit the bump in the left lane he would have had him by a car or car in half the first. And chief made a good call by listening to his team and keeping the same tune and anticipating they would they would giving it more power. I really don't care either way but I'm glad Richard got what was coming to him. Midwest beat gas monkey and Laughlin motorsports hats off to them.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
And also nobody has mentioned the fact either that it was at a track. They were beat in the dirt by Richards money and the team he brought in. Plus the track is where Alex races PROFESSIONALY. And you can say chief races on the track cuz he does but if this would have been a street race think how much worse it would have been. Midwest beat them with regular guys that love what they do on a budget vs Richards truck loads of money and profession team and DRIVER at a track. Gas monkey clearly had the upper hand before they even raced and Richard was an ass and got what he deserved. If I was chief if they wanted a rematch id ask to have it on the street

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
And also nobody has mentioned the fact either that it was at a track. They were beat in the dirt by Richards money and the team he brought in. Plus the track is where Alex races PROFESSIONALY. And you can say chief races on the track cuz he does but if this would have been a street race think how much worse it would have been. Midwest beat them with regular guys that love what they do on a budget vs Richards truck loads of money and profession team and DRIVER at a track. Gas monkey clearly had the upper hand before they even raced and Richard was an ass and got what he deserved. If I was chief if they wanted a rematch id ask to have it on the street

And to add to that, let's not forget that GMG's professional driver got flat out tree'd...twice.
In a row
In front of everyone
By a street racer
...on a track

jshen

Established Member
Watched it and was disappointed with how they built the drama into things that didn't need to be there. They kept arguing over the rules but at the amount of money dumped into those cars I'd be REALLY surprised if all those "rules" wouldn't have been clearly documented and even reviewed by teams of attorneys.

Almost makes you wonder if Aaron knew about what was going to happen and quit to not be associated with it. Unless that was all staged as well, which I guess it most likely was.

The "drama" built into this show is not unlike the same drama Discovery builds into other shows. For example Gold Rush, Bering Sea Gold, etc...Having each group against another...I know they do it for ratings but I hate that idea so much I can't watch them anymore. Chief was a little Bit*h about this..

CLN 6R

Established Member
Never really watched GMG, but through this whole thing all my wife and I could keep saying was "Wow, Richard is a douchebag."

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Finally able to watch it!

Enjoyed the show myself.

If I had to take sides, Id go with Chief. Just cant respect a guy that that doesnt drive his own car.

Users who are viewing this thread