Anyone running the Kenne Bell CAI system???

Blades

Established Member
Very nice. I prefer the JLP CAI.. best of all worlds... That 12 inch cone must be such a bitch to install.

Justin

Established Member
I am not agreeing or Disagreeing with anyone here. I myself am still stock. But, dont the guys that are going the fastest right now have an open filter in the engine bay? Looking at the new MM&FF, ( which is the same one with the KB CAI) Pete and Jim D'Amore have them. Both removed the left headlight for better power. Just my.02

Cobra'03

Established Member
KB's underhood temp claims are way exaggerated - remember that the in-bay filters are all positioned next to the huge fender well hole, and that as soon as the car gets going, cool air is displacing (rapidly) the hotter underhood air. Some of us have run digital thermomemters, and the temps in the induction system do not get that hot. I think the KB system look cheap, and I owned one, had nothing but probs, and ended up returning it for credit. I agree with others in this thread who prefer a more "finished" look - had I not already bought the AR, I probably would have gone with the Steeda, although I would like a satin black finish over the silver, but the silver looks good too (without the dumb Steeda sticker or the annoying "Warning: K&N installed" stop sign that some people put on. Never figured out who they were warning - do they take their cars for air filter service to pep Boys?

Justin

Established Member
I too think that the temp insie the bay is not that bad. Dyno results wont work here do to the fact that the car is not moving. Like I said before, at the track you can always take out the left headlight to get better air to the filter. And like I said, doesnt Pete and Jim use filters in the bay?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Judging by your photo (filter seen thru the brake cooling opening), I hope you're not planning on driving much in the rain. That filter is going to get soaked.
:lol:

Seriously, though, it's an interesting system. There's at least one other similar system available. I would like to see some actual track testing with the various designs before I'm convinced they're better than the Steeda/AR/PHP/K&N offerings. I think it is really more personal preference. Just my opinion, of course. But the jury is still out until some real track test results are available.

Now if you really want the ultimate intake, consider going with The Bazooka!
:burnout:

Last edited:

BOOOOST

Established Member
I wanted to throw in a statement directly from Jim Bell at Kenne Bell:

"Do NOT change the orientation of the MAF from factory on ANY CAI setup!"

Just a lil food for though ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread