Anyone Running an Aluminator yet???

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has or is running one of these yet. Lost a cylinder last night and thinkin gettin by with one of these. I know theres better options but it seems like everyone has something to complain about something. The way i see it im gonna need the revised heads anyways and cut some weight with the aluminum block and my dealership will give me a pretty good price on one. Any insight wether it be positive or negative would be appreciated!

divided

Established Member
I've seen alot of cool builds with the aluminator and they handle a good amount of power. Ive planned on doing it if I ever loose a motor. *knocks on all the wood around me*

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Haha, yea i hear ya about losing the motor. In the process of pulling the valve cover. I had a tick not sure if it was the tick but last night after racing a built STI my tick disappeared and it misses now on cyl 7. Was gonna pull a valve cover and check the rollers but i doubt thats what it is. I was thinkin the 5.0 block but I like the idea of just dropping it in with the blower on it and running it to about 22 lbs and see what it does. Hell it has warranty right?? AHAHA

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Thanks CobraBob but ive already read that article. I was just wondering if anyone has found out anything on the pistons. If they are just as weak as whats in the 03-04 cobras or if they are better along with the tolerances. Ive done some searching but havnt come up with much.

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Why not just buy the bare block and build your own motor. Maybe cheaper that way :shrug:

Yea it would be cheaper but then theres no warranty plus if im gonna do a motor im gonna do the revised heads. So you figure block, heads and then pistons and to have it balanced with no warranty.... I guess thats just the way im seeing it.

Users who are viewing this thread