Anyone running a Watts link??

iamtheshaner

IH84DZ
Established Member
I'm sure this has been beat to death, but where is everyone on a watts link + torque arm vs Steeda 5 link?

I'm guessing the T/A and watts is cheaper....? I'm just concerned with the T/A making ground clearance an issue because the car will be driven on the street 99% of the time. Also, I have this little weird thing about keeping my mustang as different from a camaro as possible, hence my attraction to the 5 link.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I've been running a tq arm since 01.. I've never 1x hit anything on the shitty roads of CA... You'll be fine

iamtheshaner

IH84DZ
Established Member
I've been running a tq arm since 01.. I've never 1x hit anything on the shitty roads of CA... You'll be fine

Yeah but then I have F body stuff. I realize I have a problem being such a purist....but I'm just so sick of all these mustangs running LS motors I can't stomach the idea of using a T/A. I'll just buck up and install the 5 link most likely.

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
I don't see why ground clearance would be an issue. My car is really low as I scrape the front splitter all the time but never the TA. If anything in back touches ground, it's the mufflers.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Yeah but then I have F body stuff. I realize I have a problem being such a purist....but I'm just so sick of all these mustangs running LS motors I can't stomach the idea of using a T/A. I'll just buck up and install the 5 link most likely.

Griggs Racing installed a Torque Arm on one of their cars back in 1979. So the first torque arm Fbody came out in 1982. Read the link:
http://www.griggsracing.com/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=8

Users who are viewing this thread