Anyone running a Watts link??

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Running a griggs racing watts link here. One of the better mods I did for sure . Big difference between that and the mm panhard I had

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm almost 100% sure the cortex requires welding.. It's based off the Griggs design.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I have the Kenny Brown trackit II panhard bar, between it and the upper and lower control arms, it seems to work

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Picked up a used Fays2 Watts link for about $100 cheaper than what they sell new. Now just need to figure out which coil over setup to go with and K-member. Then it'll be a 4-point cage, seats, brakes.....ugh, never ending....

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
I've never used a watts link. I run the full MM kit on my American Iron car including panhard bar, torque arm, road race control arms out back and their K-member and offset A-arms up front. I know there are some in AI that run a watts link but there are too many variables between cars to be able to compare one to the other.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I've never used a watts link. I run the full MM kit on my American Iron car including panhard bar, torque arm, road race control arms out back and their K-member and offset A-arms up front. I know there are some in AI that run a watts link but there are too many variables between cars to be able to compare one to the other.
I was fully intending to go with a full MM kit with everything you have until a friend suggested I go with the Fays2. I may run MM goodies for the rest of the car. I'd like the car to be able to handle it's own on the track but also be able to be driven on the street from time to time.

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
Again, I don't have any experience with a watts link but I don't see any reason why you couldn't run the MM PHB or TA/PBH combo on a street car.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
I was fully intending to go with a full MM kit with everything you have until a friend suggested I go with the Fays2. I may run MM goodies for the rest of the car. I'd like the car to be able to handle it's own on the track but also be able to be driven on the street from time to time.

Fays 2 Watts Link along with a Griggs or Cortex Torque arm (MMs Torque Arm axle mounts may interfere with the Fays2 axle mounts) would make a good combo.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Again, I don't have any experience with a watts link but I don't see any reason why you couldn't run the MM PHB or TA/PBH combo on a street car.

I've had both the MM PHB and now have a Griggs Watts link.. The difference is night and day :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
And when you say "night and day", how many seconds per lap are we talking and what track?

I wasn't able to get the car on the track as the next week it blew up lol.. But It is night and day.. The transition going through essess is far more balanced.. Maybe it's because I had a full Griggs on my car minus the MM panhard so the front and rear roll centers weren't even, but it changed the way my car performed. It just felt way more balanced. The turn it was quicker and sharper.

So sorry no track times, all I can compare it to was HWY 9 that I drove with my panhard bar the day before, then the watts link the next night after install. I don't really care if you believe me or not, but it was a night and day difference for me. Also I push the living shit out of my car and have been driving the roads that I took it on for 10+years now.. So take it for what it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread