Anyone Run A Hellcat yet?

ObieFox

Established Member
Performance is a broad term I suppose. I love all around performance and the old geezer gt500 delivers MORE all around performance than the hellcat challenger, but a lot of guys like drag only set up cars, I completely understand. The gt500 does great at both of them. I like the feel of it... yeah.... the SRS isn't a soft ride but it doesn't effect it as much as people think. Get ready to trade in the hellcat on the next gt500 because it's gonna be even better on the track and strip. I'll be picking up one for sure!!

I dont disagree with a lot of what you are saying. What the 13/14 GT500 gives up in a straight line to the HC, it more than makes up for in the corners.

I daily drive my HC, and previously my '13Gt500, when weather permits. I have to say I much prefer the HC as a daily driver, performance muscle car. To me, it is a better DD combination of performance, technology, and comfort. It feels like a grand touring missile.

ObieFox

Established Member
I wouldn't go as far as to saying that. I ran an auto Hellcat from 40 - speeds I won't repeat, and it was a dead heat. I do have 3.73 gears as the only modification which would improve performance, but I also have larger/heavier wheels than stock on the car which hinders performance. If I had the stock 3.31 gears he may have inched me out, but I wouldn't say that a 2013-2014 has nothing for an auto Hellcat from a roll.

Good feedback Paluka...My experience was different. We ran from a roll of about 20mph. I have no idea if he was stock or not, but he was 13/14. I jumped out on him and just kept slowly pulling away. He stayed in the game but couldn't make up any ground. Awesome cars either way. :)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Car guys drive and like whatever looks and performs great. I wouldnt expect you to understand.

Yes sir!! That would be me. As long as if it's fast, loud and looks great,....I'm digging it.
I wouldn't mind the Hellcat at all. Actually, I may buy one in the future, depending on what, (and if), the new GT500 performs and looks like. I'm really loving the GT350R car as well too. One of the nicest looking Mustangs out there in my opinion, as well as a performance beast!

93oh

Established Member
Black lightning I'm saying I have no idea why you bought that cast piston daddillac in first place. But bad taste in cars aside, wtf that have to do with Hellcat? Sure if I spin hard could win..

93oh

Established Member
Stop yapping about 11.70 show me this tin box so I can be fully amused. I'll run in 11s with Shelby yes.

ObieFox

Established Member
Running in the 11's is not running in the 11.70's...maybe you struggle with how all this works.

But then again it appears you struggle with understanding many things. I get it though. It's tough to get your head around losing to both old tin and fat cats...

Let's see, what else do I have in the garage that your 350 could beat. I could try you with my wife's Evoque...maybe try my F350. I'm pretty sure you could handle those two fairly easy. You know, build your confidence...get you back out there.

I'm glad to help.

93oh

Established Member
Since we are so far afield... And evidently obtuse let this sink in. I spoke and commented on the Hellcat not the tin box you claim runs 11.70. If it does, I'd believe it when I see it and I'd run you. I have a base GT 350 no 50 pounds of coolers good air and tires.. On road course I'd love to see how far into the grass you'd push chasing me. And, and Evoque?! Your wife must be thrilled...! Bring the Fatcat or whatever you own. I have a 1979 930 turbo tuned by Formula Motorsports as my track day car with 3.4 liter conversion, pauter rods, k 28 turbo, Kokeln intercooler, custom cams and twin plug conversion with ruf clutch and flywheel. Carrera oil cooler and adjustable boost with B and B exhaust. I'd punch a hole through "any" of your cars "if" you could get around my GT 350. Which I'd say you can't... Because unlike most of the Hellcat driving pensioners I can drive and still have my reflexes.

paluka21

Established Member
Good feedback Paluka...My experience was different. We ran from a roll of about 20mph. I have no idea if he was stock or not, but he was 13/14. I jumped out on him and just kept slowly pulling away. He stayed in the game but couldn't make up any ground. Awesome cars either way. :)

Agreed. They are indeed great cars. My neighbor has a dark grey Hellcat Challenger that I like a lot.

And I don't know what all the bickering is about on this post? All cars mentioned (GT350, '500, and Hellcat) are very cool and folks are blessed to own them and have the privilege to drive them.

ObieFox

Established Member
Wow 93, you should put all your cars and those Porsche mods in your signature. Pauter rods, no kidding. I'm very impressed. Really. I mean it. Just wow. Seriously..... :lol1:

Alright, you've convinced me!!! Your GT350 super car (with only you driving it of course) will beat any other high performance production car on the road with a lousy driver. That's your argument right?

I think I finally get it now. Man that feels good. What a load off my mind.

Last edited:

93oh

Established Member
Where's the tin can pic? Since your Fatcat doesn't stand a chance at anything but dig racing...

dom418

Established Member
First off, man is 93oh pissed or what?

Second of all, what the hell happened to this thread? Too much nut swinging and puffy chested fan boys on both fronts.

Entertaining? Why yes

ObieFox

Established Member
No, no, no... I get it now 93. It is soooo clear. I really don't see why it took me so long. Honestly, I have to apologize for being so thick headed. I really need to work on that.

Let me try it another way.

"Cars with too much power are hard to drive, so the old steady GT350, 12.x wins most of the time."

Boom! I think I nailed it. Hey, seriously I don't mind if you use that tag line in your signature. It's yours after all.

With 47 posts now, you really do need a signature. My advice is to lead with the Porsche mod list and then hit us with the tag line. Well, maybe tag line first and then the mod list. Oh hell, I don't know. You're better at this stuff than me anyway.

Last edited:

93oh

Established Member
Slow and steady sometimes wins the race... Rabbit and the hare lesson in kindergarten was introduced to you for a reason. Don't let it get away from you.. Look if you need training wheels for your Hellcat around turns and had to introduce a fossil to allege you really have a car that can turn without tipping over.. You can see how ridiculous you sound by flipping the "but I have a fast car that turns... I really do.." I say prove it or hush and you're firmly in lala land to believe your antique absent having a rocket booster will catch my car on any road course apart from the one that resides in your vivid imagination.. Here we go with you being delusional again..

93oh

Established Member
Dom I never get mad.. I love and want Hellcat have long wish list of mods.. But that 6 speed one.. Yuck slow.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'd take that TR6060 any day, given the choice. The TR3160 is nowhere near as robust as it's larger brother. I admit to it not being apples to apples given the different torque thresholds as well as the higher rpm the TR3160 sees, but for me anyway, I like the beefier unit. The TR3160 feels almost "junior league" when you shift or move the stick around.

93oh

Established Member
New Tremec is quite robust it is not as clunky or noisey. Shifter is way smooth and silky. You may like the GT 500 best as it feels like an old straight cut rock rusher as opposed to smooth engagement of the GT 350 trans.

Last edited:

dom418

Established Member
Dom I never get mad.. I love and want Hellcat have long wish list of mods.. But that 6 speed one.. Yuck slow.

Yeah I hear you I've just never had any luck with some of the mopar products I've owned. I'm a Ford guy deep down but the hellcat is sweet

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
New Tremec is quite robust it is not as clunky or noisey. Shifter is way smooth and silky. You may like the GT 500 best as it feels like an old straight cut rock rusher as opposed to smooth engagement of the GT 350 trans.

I respectfully disagree. The TR3160 is nowhere as robust at the TR6060. You may like the feel and that's great. Sadly, the shifter itself leaves quite a bit to be desired in terms of design.

I'm not a fan of the "clunkiness" of the TR6060 and admit it would probably not have worked well in concert with the high-revving 5.2L engine. I'm more interested in the alternative gearbox that wasn't chosen due to cost constraints. Number two, if you will, on the list of potential candidates. This engine - this car for that matter, deserves a really high tech transmission that is clean sheet, stays cool under duress, and knocks out gear changes along with the world's finest. Ain't gonna happen though but maybe an upcoming GT500 might be so lucky.

93oh

Established Member
Well they could have developed a paddle shifted 7 speed dct but costs are what they are in a 50 k car. The Viper trans is meant for two tons of torque and can take 1000 hp but is clunky as you said. The heat is why I asked question about synthetic lube. Mercron was never meant to be lube for Tremec and the first order of business I had with GT 500 was Mobil one atf. You will think it's a new trans quiets it down shifts way better. Now with the GT 350 I need to call and see if they have synthetic alternative to the junk in there now. I believe heat is due to the shear in Fluid and its inability to remain stable. (Thin) I don't have the track pack and no coolers etc.

imagejpeg

Users who are viewing this thread