Anyone Run A Hellcat yet?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I respectfully disagree. The TR3160 is nowhere as robust at the TR6060. You may like the feel and that's great. Sadly, the shifter itself leaves quite a bit to be desired in terms of design.

I'm not a fan of the "clunkiness" of the TR6060 and admit it would probably not have worked well in concert with the high-revving 5.2L engine. I'm more interested in the alternative gearbox that wasn't chosen due to cost constraints. Number two, if you will, on the list of potential candidates. This engine - this car for that matter, deserves a really high tech transmission that is clean sheet, stays cool under duress, and knocks out gear changes along with the world's finest. Ain't gonna happen though but maybe an upcoming GT500 might be so lucky.

Tob, you're wasting your breath.

Well they could have developed a paddle shifted 7 speed dct but costs are what they are in a 50 k car. The Viper trans is meant for two tons of torque and can take 1000 hp but is clunky as you said. The heat is why I asked question about synthetic lube. Mercron was never meant to be lube for Tremec and the first order of business I had with GT 500 was Mobil one atf. You will think it's a new trans quiets it down shifts way better. Now with the GT 350 I need to call and see if they have synthetic alternative to the junk in there now. I believe heat is due to the shear in Fluid and its inability to remain stable. (Thin) I don't have the track pack and no coolers etc.

imagejpeg

you must've never posted in the GT500 section. Tob was very involved with MGW with regards to the Gen 2 shifter. We also widely acknoweldge the use of Amsoil not mobil 1 as the superior lubricant for the TR6060.

Last edited:

93oh

Established Member
Amsoil is good stuff, I'm not sure what you particularly mean by wasted his breath, however I just used what Tremec recommended to avoid the issue relative to warranty "if" problem arose. And I'm looking into similar alternative regarding GT 350. Again, you seem to want to pipe up.. So air your lungs out... You're saying he knows better, as he's a famous poster and developed a shifter used on GT 500... I gotcha. God bless him I left flexi shifter alone and feel like Ford had it right on the GT 350 so I'll leave this one alone too. But he gave pertinent information as to the lube requirement on the 3160 and I am not hard headed. I merely explained my own experience with the two transmissions and his view is different.

ObieFox

Established Member
I figured it out!!

I did some testing over the weekend and if you want to beat a GT350 with a HC you just need to use the black key. :)

Nice consistent low 12.0's on summer tires with no chance of blowing the tires off. Those Dodge engineers think of everything.

I read that they were going to add a notation to the SRT drivers guide under the "Spanking Fords" section noting to use the Red key for the GT500 and the Black key for the GT350....

(I apologize ahead of time to all my Ford brethren, but 93duh just brings it out of me....) :lol1:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Amsoil is good stuff, I'm not sure what you particularly mean by wasted his breath, however I just used what Tremec recommended to avoid the issue relative to warranty "if" problem arose. And I'm looking into similar alternative regarding GT 350. Again, you seem to want to pipe up.. So air your lungs out... You're saying he knows better, as he's a famous poster and developed a shifter used on GT 500... I gotcha. God bless him I left flexi shifter alone and feel like Ford had it right on the GT 350 so I'll leave this one alone too. But he gave pertinent information as to the lube requirement on the 3160 and I am not hard headed. I merely explained my own experience with the two transmissions and his view is different.

You with your 54 posts seem to know everything. I'm just informing you that Tob has forgotten more things about GT500's than you'll ever know. He's not someone that I'd contradict regarding any new Mustang as he is in the know. You keep heading on the route you've taken and you'll remove all doubt about being a fool.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It is true that I forget a lot. This has been verified ad nauseam by my lovely wife. Regarding MGW, George is the mastermind behind the Gen2, 100%. He successfully blended elements of design that are used in different shift mechanisms and incorporated them into the Gen2, something nobody else has done. He allowed me the opportunity to evaluate one, and I agree with his line of reasoning completely. We have collaborated somewhat on his upcoming GT350 shifter but he most certainly doesn't need inspiration from anyone else. I can only say that his GT350 shifter will definitely elevate the driving experience. It is rather unique, such that he's applied with the US Patent Office for certain protections. This car is very sensitive in terms of any driveline deviation from stock and George is entirely aware of it.

With respect to lubricants and the TR3160, i can only say I'm a fan of the factory spec. Very few have the resources as do the OEM or top Tier suppliers and I take heed in their recommendations.

93oh

Established Member
Black 99 whatever and what does the fox say... I'm not sure a clique is two people, but you can both babble along incessantly.. However, using logic and reason which escapes you, I said what I said about the GT350 v Hellcat. I stand by my statements. You now interject like a high school girl and attempt to create a conflict with a man who posted as to his observations on a shifter. I'm too busy to comb and see the man's posting credibility. Kudos to him for being active. If we met in real life you'd be downright embarrassed of your flapping of your gums. I have a pretty vast collection of cars Mustangs mostly and know a fair amount about each of them. Some run 10s some are slow, some you may own or have owned. I didn't claim to have torn down my GT500 it has a lower pulley, tune and silencer delete with throttle body and airaid filter (dry). That should be enough to hold off most. I have a few others as well. Again, neither of you own a GT 350 and still are commenting. It's interesting to me it's like me describing Chinese food without having ever eaten it. In other words, people without knowledge should forego the strong opinions.. That my friend is the sign of a fool.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Black 99 whatever and what does the fox say... I'm not sure a clique is two people, but you can both babble along incessantly.. However, using logic and reason which escapes you, I said what I said about the GT350 v Hellcat. I stand by my statements. You now interject like a high school girl and attempt to create a conflict with a man who posted as to his observations on a shifter. I'm too busy to comb and see the man's posting credibility. Kudos to him for being active. If we met in real life you'd be downright embarrassed of your flapping of your gums. I have a pretty vast collection of cars Mustangs mostly and know a fair amount about each of them. Some run 10s some are slow, some you may own or have owned. I didn't claim to have torn down my GT500 it has a lower pulley, tune and silencer delete with throttle body and airaid filter (dry). That should be enough to hold off most. I have a few others as well. Again, neither of you own a GT 350 and still are commenting. It's interesting to me it's like me describing Chinese food without having ever eaten it. In other words, people without knowledge should forego the strong opinions.. That my friend is the sign of a fool.

Tob does own a GT350. Not my cup of tea or I would own one. And my only opinion is a HC M6 would beat a GT350 in a competion of speed in a straight line. How you can't fathom that is beyond me. Logic and reasoning clearly escapes you.

And BTW, I've not made fun of your screen name or any of your vehicles so whom is the school girl?

Last edited:

93oh

Established Member
Call me Nancy.. It escapes me because I live near a sea level track which is 8 miles away and have seen them run in mid twelves (or worse) last season and through a wonderful invention called internet saw their times posted on Hellcat.whatever. So there you go, that's basis of my opinion they trap higher and are a bitch to launch. Now, you want to get me up to 1,000 posts on one topic? You like your mopar? I'm happy for you, you bought a great car... Was 19 thousand > GT350, at least my base one and GT350 only comes with one transmission and no supercharger to equalize the lack of talent driving it.

'14 Shelby

Established Member

Take it easy Francis! Jeez you must be from Jersey

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Call me Nancy.. It escapes me because I live near a sea level track which is 8 miles away and have seen them run in mid twelves (or worse) last season and through a wonderful invention called internet saw their times posted on Hellcat.whatever. So there you go, that's basis of my opinion they trap higher and are a bitch to launch. Now, you want to get me up to 1,000 posts on one topic? You like your mopar? I'm happy for you, you bought a great car... Was 19 thousand > GT350, at least my base one and GT350 only comes with one transmission and no supercharger to equalize the lack of talent driving it.

Use the quote function so we know who you're reffering to. I don't own a Dodge anything. But I do understand that a HC is a low to mid 11 secon car. A GT350 is a high to low 12 second car. The HC out mph's the GT350 by a large margin. If you by chance beat a manual HC it is the driver you're beating not the car. Do you actually own a GT350? Pics with your screen name?

I do think the GT350 in any version is a great track car. If I did more than one track day a year, I'd get one. I'm not a fan of the S550 body, but on the GT350 it looks right.

Last edited:

93oh

Established Member
Be useful 99 black lightning and tell me how to upload pics. Please.

Users who are viewing this thread