Anyone pull the boss mufflers, and put on the 11/12 GT500s?

JStaton

Established Member
Yes I noticed they have the Trackey for 220. But I can't find 2013 parts on their site

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
Yes I noticed they have the Trackey for 220. But I can't find 2013 parts on their site

Here are the part numbers:

DR3Z-5230-L MUFFLER
DR3Z-5230-M MUFFLER
DR3Z-17F828-AB BUMPER EXTENSION

Just put the part numbers in the search function.

I put them on this past sunday. Looks like this:
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

isrboss

Established Member
Sounds like an echo in here, but the 11 gt500 mufflers sound sweet. Best sounding mufflers for the 5.0, sounds better on the 5.0 actually. Get em you won't be looking back wishing you went another route. I like the sound of them so much I haven't even opened the side pipes yet, and may never.

aircare84

Established Member
Have had the GT-500 axle backs with 3/4" side pipe plate openings on mine for about a year now. Perfect balance IMO. Tried with open side plates, but didn't like the 'Jake brake' tone so much. The GT-500 axle backs do get a deeper tone after a few hundred miles.

chuckstang

Established Member
I have a set of 2012 GT500 mufflers waiting to go on. Probably within the next few weeks as the weather clears and I get ready to drive my car again.

Dave I just went this route with my GT. Boss side exhaust with GT500 muffs and it does sound quite nice but there is a bad drone while cruising around 2k

GottaBoss

Established Member
Two questions:

1. Are others experiencing drone with '11/'12 GT500 mufflers on a Boss? If not, what size restrictor plates are you running?

2. What are the part numbers for the '11/'12 GT500 mufflers from Tousley?

This is likely to be my next mod providing that they will not produce drone.

Thanks

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Have any of you boss guys tried cutting out your resonators? I have the gt500 mufflers and boss side pipes opened up but curious how itd sound with no resonators. I cant hear the gt500 mufflers since i installed the side pipes and miss that sound so im thinking removing the resonators may bring some more of it back

TRDon

Established Member
Two questions:

1. Are others experiencing drone with '11/'12 GT500 mufflers on a Boss? If not, what size restrictor plates are you running?

Thanks

AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake Parts (previously Tousley Ford Parts)
Is a great deal, on an awesome sounding muffler. I got them from tousley, but they are local to me. Bummerm is I had to pay sales tax, but it was still cheaper than LMR has them for with free shipping.:beer:

fredfred

Established Member
I installed the GT500 Quad exhaust with the lower valance. I truly love the look. The sound is much deeper and with the street at highway driving you really don't hear the exhaust that much till you put you foot in it.. The track key when used gives it alot deeper sound at idle. The big notice is when putting your foot in it. It sounds awesome. Best upgrade yet. Got the GT500 quad exhaust from the GT500 forums. With the lower valance it was all less than 500.00 dollars. I did the install.. was quick and easy..:beer:

aircare84

Established Member
Two questions:

Thanks

I have no drone with the 11/12 GT-500 mufflers. Stock resonators still installed. 3/4" side exhaust restrictor plates.
Don't know the P/N's
Suggest painting the back face of the mufflers with Hi Temp flat black paint prior to installing, makes the mufflers blend in with the rear valance.

Users who are viewing this thread