anyone play softball?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I played slow pitch software for about 15 years. Started with our Navy carrier's traveling team (southern California) and then played on a local team.

This local team was made up of guys who had played ball before and we had a pretty great team so errors were few. I can't remember anyone ever striking out. If they ever did, they'd be teased for weeks/months. LOL! What I remember most were the great comradery between team members, most of whom I knew back in high school. I got to play a number of positions, some which I liked and some I didn't. I remember one close game when we were playing another very good team. It was the last inning, we were in the field, and our third baseman started limping badly with two outs after he fell trying to catch a foul ball. The other team noticed his "injury". We came up to bat. With one or two out and two men on, our "injured" third baseman (normally a great hitter) limped badly to the plate. On the first pitch he swung awkwardly and almost fell. With that, the left outfielder comes way in, expecting a token hit at best, and the assurance that he could hold the runners on base/ Well, the ball was tossed, our third basement suddenly took a normal stance and absolutely pounded the ball. Before the other team realized they had been duped, he had crossed home plate and we won the game. I will never forget that day.

I have a lot of fond softball memories. So stay with it. And enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread