anyone play softball?

lifter213

Established Member
A group of friends at work started a team and I decided to join them even though I've never played softball. So far we've had two games and I'm enjoying it. Last time I played any type of baseball was little league (6th grade) I think. It's slow pitch E class which from what I understand is the bottom. Anyways it's pretty fun watching everyone commit errors and a few guys strike out every now and then haha. If you play and got a story share it or any advice I'm open.

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
I never joined a team but me and all my buddies get together and usually play softball/baseball/football at the forest preserves. It good to get out and play some sports even if your not on a team.

Offtopic: What wing is on your cobra? Looks good!

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I like playing from time to time. At my old job we had a tournament of local stores (Grocery chain). The whole tournament was on a Sunday. I went to work at 2am, left to play around 7am. We played two games for a shot at the "Championship" for both winner or loser brackets. My store lost in the losers bracket's consolation game. I was sore as hell the next day when I went to work lol.

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
I played with some coworkers last year...during one of the games I tripped over 1st base and broke my collar bone lol

Playing again this year, team name We Got The Runs

Adower

Established Member
I love playing! I am on a co-ed team. Whats better then some hot chicks, softball, and pizza afterwards.

There is a team in our league with the name, "No Glove, No Love" LOL

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
I don't play but I'm looking to join a team or league. I havent researched much or asked around but if you're in Houston and have some info let me know

brewdawg

Established Member
Slow pitch is big around here and I've been playing for years. We play 10 months out of the year in a men's B league and occationally travel to tournaments. My advice, if you get serious....get the best equipment and a good sponsor. Oh, and a mouth guard...I just had to drop $1300 on a new set of front teeth :)

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i havn't played since i got suspended for 3 games back in 05 when i drilled the pitcher with a line drive after i told his catcher that i was gonna do it. ( the pitcher ran his suck all the time and i was sick of hearing it)

it's prolly a good thing the ump held me back because i'm pretty sure the pitcher would have kicked the shit out of me lol

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I have played the last few years with friends if I have the time. It's more about hanging out and drinking beer than anything serious.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
We just started a county-wide league last summer. It was a huge success, and we had 10 solid teams. My team finished runner up. It's a hoot, and I've always loved the smells & sounds of baseball anyway. The captain of our team kept us on our toes, he played in the Cincinnati Reds minor league system for a few years, and played on the big league team during the Strike Year.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
nah not sofyball but i have played in the co-ed beach volleyball tourneys...fun stuff and everyone gets all competetive. need to look into it again come to think of it. oh and flag football, thats always fun.

sonicblu03

Established Member
I play 4 nights a week. 1 men's league and 2 coed. Definitly keeps me busy and playing in the coed has its "advantages" :coolman:

almostfinished

Established Member
I play occasionally with the team my father plays with, hes been playing for 40 yrs consecutively. Has always played left field, the mans 58yrs old and was still throwing guys out at home plate from flys and hanging with the young guns on the bases. Last year he was throwing home and his shoulder decided to let go, dislocated right shoulder, caused his arm to flop 360 degrees, dr on the other team got it back in. Hit the hospital and 5 anchors in his shoulder later hes in PT. This will be his first year not playing since he was 18, needless to say he is very disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread