Anyone Own A Newer Silverado?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
For the past few days I have been watching 4x4 tests on various pickups and suv's and I was extremely disappointed with how the GMC/Chevrolet pickup(s) performed.

CV355

_
Established Member
My father owns a '17 Silverado. Compared to our '17 F150 5.0, the Silverado has better ride comfort and gas mileage. Been on a few 6hr+ rides in both and the Chevy does seem friendlier on long hauls.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Please, include more hobbits in your stories.

Nothing hobbit about personal preference. I would take the truck LS3 over any gas offering from Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan etc in the 1500s. Not a huge fan of DOHC V8 in a truck, or timing chain galore in general. Definitely not interested in a 3.5 after spending considerable time in one. Doing an oil/filter change in one would give most people buyers remorse.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
My dad has always had mostly Chevys. Never one Ford (shame on him). He had a 2009 that I thought was great. I would drive it when we'd go deer hunting. He would rather ride than drive. He traded it for a 2014 then shortly after back to a 2010. He said the 2014 was too fancy for him. I never drove that one. I really liked the 2009 and 2010 though. Dealer then conned him into trading for a brand new truck (he started liking the idea so it wasn't a con) but for a 2017. I drove it and didn't like it at all. It's a 4x4 not a z71 but felt WAY too wavy to me. Like an old van with the suspension worn out. And every single time I got it, I'd bang my knee on the dash that protrudes out right by the turn signal. That instantly would put me in a bad mood but I guess I'd eventually figure that out. Then we had the rear seats full and my brother in there too and he was sitting in the middle and his knee kept banging the gear shift. I thought it was going to knock it out of gear a few times. Just a poor design of placement to me. Never noticed it in any of the other Silverados he had. I did not like the trans at all either on the new one. Bottom line and I've never driven an EcoBoost F150 but I am not a fan of the 2017 Silverados compared to the ones a few years older.

Last edited:

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I owned a CC 6.2L 2016 Sierra Denali loaded and loved the truck. Recently traded it in for a brand new Denali 2500HD Duramax and haven’t looked back.

Users who are viewing this thread