Anyone Own A Newer Silverado?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
It was time to unload my Jeep Commander and I need a replacement. I was going to go JGC SRT but its just not practical for the next 2 years. Anyway I’m taking a hard look at the Silverado 1500 Z71. Anyone own one or have any input?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Equalbracket

Established Member
I traded in my 14 for an 2018 z71 and it's significantly improved. Ride is so much better and the price @ 38k really couldn't be beat for a comparable truck.

josephcostello

Established Member
Dad has a 14 Sierra slt. Can't say anything negative about it besides it doesn't have the 6.2

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Vibrating rearends, torque converter shutter, hard shifts, rusting frames.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Why silverado? Sierra since forever has always looked better. Dont limit your choices!!!

With the incentives right now, that’s why i am looking at them, but I didn’t think about the Sierra. I will look into them. I’m just trying not to break the bank for the next couple years.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Got a 17 Sierra.

Love it.
6.2ftw

Crazy power, have magma ride so fantastic ride. And actually really good fuel economy on highway.

Have to keep it at 60-65 mph, anything over that the cylinder shut down won’t kick on. But have seen 21 mph out of it.

Missing some creature comforts. Didn’t have heated rear seats. But added them for a pittance at dealer.

I think it’s about the best looking truck on market.
Overall very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
With the incentives right now, that’s why i am looking at them, but I didn’t think about the Sierra. I will look into them. I’m just trying not to break the bank for the next couple years.

With the 19 coming out with a carbon bed the '18s will be discounted throughout GM's line up, that means all silverado and sierra trucks. Prob not denali but a Sierra is nice.

Elswick84

Established Member
My dealer kept trying to get me to buy a new ford. Told them only truck other than the one i owned that interested me was a rocky ridge f150. But wasnt payin $60k for it. So they sold me the fx4 cloth seats no led package which i dont mind has both now. But sent it to a local truck place and lifted it 6" 35" mickeys. Spray in liner for $42k

nxhappy

Established Member
older silverados were great, the new shit is absolute junk. Go ahead and get the F150.

Users who are viewing this thread