Anyone on here currently running a SHM supercharger??

AWESOM-O

Hi all, Just curious if anyone on here is running the Sean Hyland Motorsports Eaton TVS 2.3L supercharger. I have it on my 67 coyote swap build and the car is at the tuners right now. We can only manage to get 3lbs of boost with the massive pulley on this unit and are currently looking for a smaller pulley. SHM doesn't return phone calls worth a shit, so I am on here asking anyone with any real world experience with these units. Apparently his units are rebranded Magnuson units, and we are searching that avenue?
FH.JPG
Thanks in advance.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you inspected the bypass valve? Maybe it is sticking open. How did you measure the boost you are seeing? What kind of power is the car making? Are you certain the gauge is working?

AWESOM-O

Thanks for the replies fellas. My car is at Fathouse Fabrications in Indy. I'm going off info they have provided to me. I will pass your responses on to them and see what they have to say.
Stay tuned.

Jay11GT

I’m currently running a SHM supercharger on a 2011 GT. I converted from the 6 rib to a 10 rib system this year. I get my pullys from ZPE Inc. (z-industries). I had Andrew make a 6 rib 3.0” and currently using a 10 rib 3.3”. Andrew is a great guy to deal with.

AWESOM-O

Thanks the reply. What kind of boost were you getting with the stock pulleys? What are you getting now? How long did it take Z industries to make your custom pulley? Cheers.

Last edited:

Jay11GT

Stock pulley was around 7-10 if I remember correctly. I know the 3.0” pulley made around 15-16. Currently on 10 rib with 3.3” pulley and 20% OD making 19-20 lbs, but stock throttle body I believe is restricting it and it falls back to 15-16 lbs. I’ve been trying to find a new intake pipe/elbow so I can use a larger throttle body...

AWESOM-O

Wow that's a big difference in boost! Did you change out your oil pump gears?!
I ordered a 3.70 pulley from a different company but don't think it will make much difference than the 3.90 stock size. I've already put an email in to Andrew and hope to get a response tomorrow. Still not sure why I'm only getting 3lbs of boost on the stock setup? Must have a leak somewhere? Thanks again. Any pics of your setup?

Jay11GT

Not sure what is going on with your setup. Yes oil pump gears are changed...MMR Hurricane billet geared oil pump. Pretty much everything has been...it’s a fully built coyote. Anyone know where I can get an intake pipe/elbow to fit this magnuson case so I can use a larger throttle body?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Not sure what is going on with your setup. Yes oil pump gears are changed...MMR Hurricane billet geared oil pump. Pretty much everything has been...it’s a fully built coyote. Anyone know where I can get an intake pipe/elbow to fit this magnuson case so I can use a larger throttle body?

You're probably out of luck on that plenum.

nyerpp

Established Member
Not sure why your boost is so low. I have an SHM 2.3 on a motor he built for me. It is a Magnuson and like previous posters have said he uses a different intake and it utilizes the stock throttle body. Stock boost was about 7 psi, tune was garbage so I went to a reputable tuner and got a 3" pulley, it registers about 12 psi and makes 582 rwhp.
upload_2018-8-29_20-8-55.jpeg

upload_2018-8-29_20-12-48.jpeg

AWESOM-O

IMG_6173.JPG
I switched pulleys to a 3.70 from a 3.90 and make between 7-8 PSI I believe now. 509 HP to the rear wheels. Tune from SHM is laughable and totally amateur as a compliment.
Thanks for all your help fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread