Anyone learn a new language recently?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Lookin for something i can do in my truck on my way to work or in my garage while reloading lol

Like CDs or similar...maybe a computet based deal, but i prefer something i can use in my truck while drive mostly

Tks wise svtp

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Funny you should ask. I'm learning Japanese. Right now I am making my way through hiragana scripts and vocab.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I have not yet, but I need to brush up on some French ASAP though as we are going to Bordeaux in late May.
I wanna brush up on my german...and i want to learn Farsi...yeah i know that an odd one lol

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Picking spanish back up currently as my kiddo is learning it (kid book/dictionary), need to refresh my japanese and french as well. Plan on learning german too since thats what my wife is currently learning. Thats going to be with babel or whatever site membership my wife has.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was learning Latin until the program insisted on me using a sentence along the lines of "Mary's Husband Lisa" or some such trash.
I quit.
Going to start a course in German soon, with a different program.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I was learning Latin until the program insisted on me using a sentence along the lines of "Mary's Husband Lisa" or some such trash.
I quit.
Going to start a course in German soon, with a different program.
What program was that, planned using babel with the kiddo but not if they slip that shit in.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I do a little bit of Florida, which is Spanish.
I make it a point to only speak English to people when it comes to spending my money stateside. Funny thing is that every spanish person I spoke only English to in the Miami airport was doing the same thing to me and there was never a communication issue. My wife had no idea what was happening and was totally lost, sad thing is that northern VA is like that now.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What program was that, planned using babel with the kiddo but not if they slip that shit in.
It was Duolingo.
I asked the folks at Babel if they had the same policy and they said absolutely not. So I am giving them a try.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
It was Duolingo.
I asked the folks at Babel if they had the same policy and they said absolutely not. So I am giving them a try.
I was brushing up on Spanish with duolingo app. Only thing is OP you have to stay engaged with it to really learn. it wouldn't be a good car thing.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Learning Spanish everyday interacting with our painters and drywall finishers. Learning Russian on my own

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd like to learn a bit of American sign language so I can tell other motorists how I feel.
Does Babel teach you the hand gestures involved while speaking Italian?
My Great grandparents were fluent in German (central Bavarian Dialect) But as "They and their kids were Americans and Americans spoke English" only their oldest son Aloysius Jr picked it up from when they would go to the back yard and have an argument in German. The pressure from WWI likely is the biggest reason it wasn't spoken, so I would love to know what we gave up.
I'm just waiting on the real Babelfish, though my S24 I can talk to anyone (on the phone) and it translates in real time for both of us, amazing tech.

Users who are viewing this thread