Anyone know this 2007 gt500 from ct?

twitchalot

Established Member
Forsale at dealership in ct. They have little to zero information on the car. Appreciate the help svt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191226-142440_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191226-142440_Facebook.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 173

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it was closer, I'd check it out for you. The dealership is Blasius South in Stratford. Looks to be a medium size used car dealership. Not sure if you're looking at their website, but here is the info I'm seeing.
Price $24,988
Stock# X2789
VIN 1ZVHT88S175300252
Package Shelby GT500
Color Satin Silver Clearcoat Metallic
Mileage 11,605
Interior Black/Chamois Accent
Engine 5.4L 8 CYL. GAS
Trans. MANUAL

Here is some additional info on their website. Note that the color is different, probably an error on their part.

Description
Tungsten Gray Clearcoat
2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 RWD
Tremec 6-Speed Manual
5.4L V8 DOHC Supercharged
18" x 9.5" Bright Machined Aluminum Wheels
4-Wheel Disc Brakes
8 Speakers
Air Conditioning
AM/FM radio
Bumpers: body-color
CD player,
Driver door bin
Driver vanity mirror
Dual front impact airbags
Dual front side impact airbags
Front anti-roll bar
Front Bucket Seats
Front Center Armrest
Front fog lights
Front reading lights
Front wheel independent suspension
Illuminated entry
Leather Shift Knob
Leather Sport Bucket Seats
Low tire pressure warning
Occupant sensing airbag
Panic alarm
Passenger door bin
Passenger vanity mirror
Power door mirrors
Power driver seat
Power steering
Power windows
Premium audio system: Shaker 500 AM/FM Stereo w/CDx6/MP3adio data system
Rear anti-roll bar
Rear window defroster
Remote keyless entry
Security system
Speed control
Split folding rear seat
Spoiler
Tachometer
Tilt steering wheel
Traction control
Trip computer
Variably intermittent wipers

Last edited:

twitchalot

Established Member
Yes im speaking with the dealer. It clearly has an intake and blower pulley but they are claiming stock? Obviously they dont know the cars history. They say they are trying to contact previouse owner. But i doubt it.

HKusp

Established Member
Good price to start negotiating. 11k miles is nothing. I doubt the previous owner could have beaten it up. It looks very nice.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes im speaking with the dealer. It clearly has an intake and blower pulley but they are claiming stock? Obviously they don't know the cars history. They say they are trying to contact previous owner. But i doubt it.
Not all that uncommon for a used car dealer not differentiating between stock and minor mods. If the previous owner didn't reveal the mods to the dealer, they can too easily end up listing it as stock. I'm guessing this is what happened....they don't know much about the car. Looks nice, but I'm just going by the photos.

twitchalot

Established Member
You guys are awsome !!! Love this forum. Been out of the game for a wial. Not in a rush to buy the wrong car. Its a good time to negotiate in the northeast. : )

Last edited:

PM-Performance

Established Member
You guys are awsome !!! Love this forum. Been out of the game for a wial. Not in a rush to buy the wrong car. Its a good time to negotiate in the northeast. : )

Don't be surprised if they do not negotiate. Just because it is winter does not mean they will not sit on the car.
I think it is nicely priced. Kudos to you if you get anything off it, but I wouldn't hold my breath

twitchalot

Established Member
Winter , cash buyer, no trade, dont have to have to it . they'll negotiate ? Is how much. Ill negotiate a fair deal not hoping to steal from the stealership. Thnx for the input.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
Looks to be a clean car. I would do normal inspections, agree to have a trusted mechanic do a PPI, get it in a lift. When I bought my 2011, I had it sent to Steeda (local to me) and did a leak down test and full PPI. It passed and I bought it.

24k is a good price, you just don’t see these cars dropping below 25k often if they are good low miles examples.

SCALILOU

Established Member
Looks good. Funny they list 2 different colors, my 2008 is the exact same color Combo and it's called "Alloy metallic clearcoat" maybe the change the names of the colors year by year? Looks like a good deal tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

PM-Performance

Established Member
Winter , cash buyer, no trade, dont have to have to it . they'll negotiate ? Is how much. Ill negotiate a fair deal not hoping to steal from the stealership. Thnx for the input.
Trust me, you would be surprised. I was in the same situation last year. I could not even get a dealer to talk to me much with being a cash buyer let alone to make a deal.
Make sure to post back the results, Im just telling you my experience was that they are usually not desperate to move these cars and are fully willing to sit on them. Guys like me are willing to travel across the country for cars like this.
This is a VERY solid price for a dealer car. I would have bought this in a heartbeat for that price if it was avail when I got mine

twitchalot

Established Member
I could not even get a dealer to talk to me much with being a cash buyer let alone to make a deal.

These are reasons for them to not negotiate.
Crazy !!! 50 years old countless cars, trucks and still cant get one up on the dealership. The cash buyer thing really blows my mind. Keep ya posted. Goin into the belly of the beast tomorrow : ) thnx again all.

PM-Performance

Established Member
Crazy !!! 50 years old countless cars, trucks and still cant get one up on the dealership. The cash buyer thing really blows my mind. Keep ya posted. Goin into the belly of the beast tomorrow : ) thnx again all.
It amazes me too. Either people lie, or I am a bad negotiator. lol. I thought paying cash would give me the upper hand. I found out otherwise. I think it deterred dealers to be honest. I had dealers giving me the run around when I offered a deposit and would be on a flight in the next day or 2 to pick the car up and pay in full.
I actually had a dealer then tell me they have 3 people pending on financing 2 days after I offered a deposit and to grab a plane ticket. When they told me this, I was done with them. If they rather try to struggle to get people financed than take cold hard cash, they don't need my money

PS: that car looks to be a damn nice car and a nice deal. That color combo is the best combo IMHO. I say if it pans out, snag it up!

HKusp

Established Member
I believe the reason that they would rather deal with a person who is going to finance the car is they make more money on the car that way. The way I understand it, the finance company pays a fee to the dealer that equals more than the price that the dealer and the customer agree on. It's a little more than the price but it's still more. The finance company still makes money, obviously, because they ultimately get a good amount more due to whatever interest rate the buyer is paying.

twitchalot

Established Member
Quick update just spoke with them. They upcharge 750 if I don't finance through them. The bank gives the dealer 750$ down payment assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread