anyone know anything about this car? #1865

onequiklx

Established Member
thats understandable, i was worried with the chrome that the heat off the front rotors would cause pitting in the chrome.

teal_93

Established Member
I'm unsure which way to go with this car. Take it back to stock with all the oem parts it came with??? Sell all the aftermarket parts and the car and get into a teal/black.... Or leave it be and drive it! I'm on the fence I'm leaning towards putting it back to stock

PxTx

I like cars and bikes
Established Member
How does anyone take off a supercharger and continue to enjoy the car is in slower/ less torquey way? I can see the suspension and wheels etc, but to loose all that power would almost be like the difference of driving a 2.3 over a 5.0.

Are they guys out there who actually have done this are are truely happy?

WillyB93

Established Member
I am sure it would be too much fun taking the blower off, it's all in the persons preference!

onequiklx

Established Member
How does anyone take off a supercharger and continue to enjoy the car is in slower/ less torquey way? I can see the suspension and wheels etc, but to loose all that power would almost be like the difference of driving a 2.3 over a 5.0.

we had a supercharger on the wifes 92 lx hatch and pulled it off a few years ago and changed it back to an aod car. its still a nice fun car to drive but if we want something more fun we have a 93 coupe with a 331 thats fun so we dont miss the blower much.

fivestangs

Established Member

I did it...twice actually on the same car. At 2 different timespans I had an older A-trim vortech and then an S-trim vortech. After a while, the gear noise stops being 'cool' and just became 'annoying', so the blowers came off. For me, the car became more fun to drive because I could actually hear the engine and the radio was actually useful again. However, I'm thinking of picking up the base Vortech kit again...I think it's got the SCi blower in it now, and it's sporting the quieter helical cut gears so it should be much quieter than the older stuff.

Mark

WillyB93

Established Member
What part of Virgina are you getting shipped to? Are you in the navy?

onequiklx

Established Member
I got orders to move to Virginia I'm out here now... Maybe we can set something up to ship them?

cool, we might be able to figure out something as i was planning to put new tires on these cause i want to pull the m/t drag radials off

WillyB93

Established Member
I was wandering, my brother lives in Norfolk, VA a big navy town.

Users who are viewing this thread