Anyone here doing a KETO diet?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I feel your pain! 41 and I have to really watch it now as well, similar vitals too. The frustrating thing is my physical activity, workouts have been pretty steady (4-5 times a week). I feel that I have the same intensity during workouts that I did at 20 years old, however the weight definitely doesn't stay off like it used too, so very careful with carbs these days. The good thing about eating this type of diet is the cravings do eventually go away and it's feasible that I could keep this up for the rest my life.

That’s good that you’re in the habit of exercising.

I get 0 exercise other than when I’m under one of my cars or giving the old lady 3 minutes of the best time of her life.

I need to exercise but I HATE doing it!

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you guys following these percentages?

Screenshot_20180514-181725_1.png

Last edited:

Snk-Byet01

Established Member
I have done the Atkins thing twice and I lost some serious pounds and my blood work came out top notch. I lost almost 25 medical years. The tough part, besides being able to take a daily grumpy, was fresh fruit in spring and summer. Do it. There really isn't too much difference in the cost of groceries. Oh, corn on the cob was something else that was difficult to refuse.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Started out at 272. I'm down to 255. Been a couple months. I cheat every once in a while but I usually stay under 20 carbs a day. I had a small ice cream cone last weekend. I dont really crave carbs anymore. We use zuchinni cut into strips for pasta for example. We make pizza but the crust is made with almond flour. I've been drinking this keto coffee as my breakfast. Tastes good and holds me over until around 10 or 11. I use the same ingredients but in a 16oz contigo mug full of coffee. I shake it up in the mug and carefully release the pressure before I start drinking it.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Here's my wife's pizza recipe if anyone wants to try it.
Attach25860_20180502_171148.jpeg
It's pretty good. She uses tomato paste for the sauce with garlic salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
We’ve made the almond flour pizza too, it’s pretty good all things considered.
My wife has tweaked it to taste better from other recipes we've tried. I'm gonna try to use the pizza crust for soft tacos maybe as well. Cauliflower macncheese is another good thing to make. We make a lot of creamed lettuce, and brocholi/cauliflower salad too as sides. We use arithritol or stevia for anything that calls for sugar to sweeten it. Truvia is another really good tasting sweetener that doesn't effect blood glucose.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
My wife has tweaked it to taste better from other recipes we've tried. I'm gonna try to use the pizza crust for soft tacos maybe as well.

That’s a great idea. I have been using Folios cheese wraps for tacos, sammich wraps etc. They have them in cheddar, parm and jarlsberg. HEB has them here in Texas, haven’t seen them at other stores though. You technically could probably roll your own out from a few slices with a rolling pin

83B6481F-4361-4344-B668-DF1246F9B2B9.png

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
That’s a great idea. I have been using Folios cheese wraps for tacos, sammich wraps etc. They have them in cheddar, parm and jarlsberg. HEB has them here in Texas, haven’t seen them at other stores though. You technically could probably roll your own out from a few slices with a rolling pin

View attachment 1488368
Man I wish they had those around here. They look pretty good. I added Some to my post above as well.

mnewxcv

Established Member
Thanks for some great ideas! Definitely gonna try the pizza. My girlfriend is a vegan but has made some pretty good vegan calzones that even I am going to miss. I will have to show her that pizza recipe and see if she can work with it.

Famine

Established Member
Just did a 3 day fast into keto. Ketones at 1.3. I've been eating happier and feeling better this week (just started monday). Only bad thing is I used to drink every night and not drinking still bothers me. I'm saving the workouts till a couple weeks in to see how it goes naturally. I'm mainly having meats, veggies, avocados. Dress with butter, mct oil, sour cream. I use an app to track macros.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mnewxcv

Established Member
Just did a 3 day fast into keto. Ketones at 1.3. I've been eating happier and feeling better this week (just started monday). Only bad thing is I used to drink every night and not drinking still bothers me. I'm saving the workouts till a couple weeks in to see how it goes naturally. I'm mainly having meats, veggies, avocados. Dress with butter, mct oil, sour cream. I use an app to track macros.

how do you measure ketones?

For me, the first week of working out is the hardest, so I wanted to get right into it. Already getting easier.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1488368

Awesome... I’m going to try these

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

Keep pressing forward. You will feel better for it.

Users who are viewing this thread