anyone have issues with rp fluid

svtcobra101

Established Member
under a hard load i cannot get the car to shift into gear..ive always had this issue,,only sometimes does it shift smooth..so i drained it today an went with the dextronIII..jus wondering if anyone else has hade this issue with rp?

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
under a hard load i cannot get the car to shift into gear..ive always had this issue,,only sometimes does it shift smooth..so i drained it today an went with the dextronIII..jus wondering if anyone else has hade this issue with rp?

I didnt have RP. But I had the stock fluid. Just recently changed it to GM Syncromesh. WOW big difference. I didnt think it would make that big of a difference. Smoother shifts, less chatter. Expensive but well worth it in my book.

Digital

Established Member
I love royal purple, I hear it's pretty much a tie between redline, royal purple, and gm synchro.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I just run DEXRON III for now but I've used redline in other gearboxes in the past and I thought that stuff was great... I just can't decide what to put in my T56!

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
What kind of shifter do you have. If you cant get it in and out of get it sounds like a clutch adjustment issue. Mine was like that , adjusted the clutch then it was better. Ive never had any problems with rp in the motor or tranny. I have a tri ax and since the rp and cobra bobs shifter gasket it shifts smoother and is more quiet.

svtcobra101

Established Member
What kind of shifter do you have. If you cant get it in and out of get it sounds like a clutch adjustment issue. Mine was like that , adjusted the clutch then it was better. Ive never had any problems with rp in the motor or tranny. I have a tri ax and since the rp and cobra bobs shifter gasket it shifts smoother and is more quiet.

have the MGW shifter in,purchased it recently. i jus bought the firewall adj,quick release quad,fp clutch spring,and the mm pedal adj as well,,hopefully this helps out and yes i will def go back to rp fluid(and install cobra bobs shifter gasket):rockon: all this help is greatly appreciated! thx u guys

Users who are viewing this thread