Anyone have experience vacationing in Greece?

MG0h3

Established Member
Looking at a spring/early summer trip to Greece with the GF.

Just looking for anyone that’s been that might have input.

I think the GF is just in love with the pictures she sees but I’m not sure it’ll be all that she hopes.

She’s def more of a tropical climate/beach girl so I suggested maybe Costa Rica. Several coworkers have been there and one is retiring there soon and all said it’s great.

We’ve been looking at Santorini and Mykonos which appear to have great beaches but not sure how the overall experience will be.

Bali has come up as well.

Any input from experience is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Try some of these videos. Greece does look to be very nice. Check it out!

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry I just watch dream cruises on AWE. Looks very nice, but I fell I have been there now. Lol

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
My wife has been before. Best friend growing up was from Greece.

We are going the end of august on a 10 day Greek island cruise on a small ship that holds 125.
Flying into Athens. I have heard great things about the islands. Not so good about Athens. The ship company wanted us there one full day before the boat sets sail. She did 2 just to be safe.
Expecting Athens to be like a small NYC. If so. **** me.

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
I was at Greece in 21 and really enjoyed it. Santorini and Mykonos were incredible places to be. Mykonos is more laid back with santorini having more of a nightlife. I would 100% go back to those two islands. Athens is cool to see the Greek ruins, but the city is a very dirty, small version of NYC.

MG0h3

Established Member
I was at Greece in 21 and really enjoyed it. Santorini and Mykonos were incredible places to be. Mykonos is more laid back with santorini having more of a nightlife. I would 100% go back to those two islands. Athens is cool to see the Greek ruins, but the city is a very dirty, small version of NYC.

Kindof suspected the same.

Seems like you should see some of that stuff after traveling all the way there but I’d say a day or two and head to the islands.

If the flight to Santorini is the same as a flight to Athens, may skip it all together.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looking at a spring/early summer trip to Greece with the GF.

Just looking for anyone that’s been that might have input.

I think the GF is just in love with the pictures she sees but I’m not sure it’ll be all that she hopes.

She’s def more of a tropical climate/beach girl so I suggested maybe Costa Rica. Several coworkers have been there and one is retiring there soon and all said it’s great.

We’ve been looking at Santorini and Mykonos which appear to have great beaches but not sure how the overall experience will be.

Bali has come up as well.

Any input from experience is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Just anywhere she can wear a bikini.

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
Kindof suspected the same.

Seems like you should see some of that stuff after traveling all the way there but I’d say a day or two and head to the islands.

If the flight to Santorini is the same as a flight to Athens, may skip it all together.

Yea we only spent half a day and one night in Athens before heading back to the states. Cool to see, but we got our full quickly of it.

You will more than likely fly into Athens since the other airports are very very little. We took boat from island to island and took a little puddle jumper plane from Athens to one of the islands (can’t remember which).

It’s definitely an experience and the food is amazing! People are friendly too.

MG0h3

Established Member
Kindof focused in on Santorini and Los

Hour ferry ride between the two.

I think most people plan this shit for a year. If we pull this off it’ll be a matter of weeks of planning before we reserve

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
Kindof focused in on Santorini and Los

Hour ferry ride between the two.

I think most people plan this shit for a year. If we pull this off it’ll be a matter of weeks of planning before we reserve

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Oh my! My wife planned for months for the trip. I’m usually just along for the ride so it’s kind of like I have my own personal travel agent lol.

PM me if you need anything specific. I’m sure my wife has her document somewhere with everywhere we stayed and such.

MG0h3

Established Member
Oh my! My wife planned for months for the trip. I’m usually just along for the ride so it’s kind of like I have my own personal travel agent lol.

PM me if you need anything specific. I’m sure my wife has her document somewhere with everywhere we stayed and such.

Well done deal.

Flights and hotels are booked. 14 days depart to return.

2 in Athens.

4 Santorini at the Nuos.

6 in Los. Staying at Mylopotas area or beach or something. Los Palace hotel but staying at their sister hotel next door called the Grand something. Private veranda with a pool overlooking the Aegean.

2 more in Athens prior to departure.

While I’m clicking pay on everything I’m asking my GF “have you checked for stuff to do there?” Hahah. She rattled off a few things.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
This is random, but someone posted a random picture in the GT/Wives thread of a random chick in Greece one time.

I think it was Greece anyways. Maybe scour the thread for that dude and find out where he snapped that gem at.

@theguywhoaskednottogetbannedforpostingavoyeurshotinourthread

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
Haha well sounds like a fun trip! You’re going to love it for sure.

Side note: don’t expect American sized portions of food. Don’t know if you already know this but I was not aware until I got there.

MG0h3

Established Member
Haha well sounds like a fun trip! You’re going to love it for sure.

Side note: don’t expect American sized portions of food. Don’t know if you already know this but I was not aware until I got there.

Oofff. Good to know. I’ll have to pack snacks!

Last edited:

Santiago

Established Member
Never been there but I been to Croatia and it’s close to Greece so I can imagine how nice Greece would be good luck definitely fun trip on that side of town lol

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
My son spent a month in Thessaloniki playing soccer when he was 16.

Hot! Dinner was at 10PM and went to bed around 3AM. Up at 5AM to work. Everyone slept in the afternoon, siesta style, due to the heat. AC was a rare luxury. He had a blast. He was offered a position on a semi-pro team, to be trained for the pro Euro leagues but couldn't bring himself to commit to moving away.

Users who are viewing this thread