anyone get tunned by Powertrain Dynamics in Hunington Beach?

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
I was talking to Mike from diablo and he recomended them, anyone been there? My first choice is greg @ RET, but he pefers SCT... lemme know somethin fellas thanx.

ps. I have a predator

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
steve at powertrain dynamics is very knowledgable and professional

i didn't get a tune from him, but he dynoed my car a couple times early on

best of luck!

Ray Lucca

Established Member
I tried to speak with all of the local tuners, and picked Steve @ Powertrain for my tune. He does tune with Predator, and a Dynojet. Very experienced, knowledgeable, and a good guy to work with. Give him a call or drop him an E-mail, and set up an appointment. Very happy with his work and it was on time, and on budget.

Team Stillen

Established Member
Seriously guys? the guy asked about Powertrain Dynamics since he already HAS A PREDATOR. So all the RET nut swingers need to relax, the guy doesnt want or NEED to buy a different tuner just so he can go to RET. Besides, the opinions on SCT vs Daiblosport are still split 50/50 from real tuners anyway. Each software has pros and cons.

Steve at Power Train has been tuning Fords for over 15 years and has been called upon for his expertise by both SCT and Diablo Sport. Even all the way back to the days of Auto Logic. They guy has more than enough experience to tune ANYTHING and I mean anything. He normally tunes onthe conservative side for street cars but can tune right to the edge or past it if you'd like. He does stand alone tuning, custom tuning on almost every kind of software, and even writes his own stuff for cars ranging from Fords to the almost impossible to tune Mercedes! He is extremely professional and truely a nice person as well. His prices are on par with all the other tuners out there.

So to answer the original question, save your money, don't buy a SCT tuner. Steve at Power Train is more than qualified to take care of you, your car, and your tune.

ret_junior

LS7 HNTR
Established Member
I had a Predetor and switched. I know RET gives people different pricing if they have Diablo. Now when I go there they put me to work :D

I know someone with 2 post representing a company and calling people names isnt to professional.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
Seriously guys? the guy asked about Powertrain Dynamics since he already HAS A PREDATOR. So all the RET nut swingers need to relax, the guy doesnt want or NEED to buy a different tuner just so he can go to RET. Besides, the opinions on SCT vs Daiblosport are still split 50/50 from real tuners anyway. Each software has pros and cons.

Steve at Power Train has been tuning Fords for over 15 years and has been called upon for his expertise by both SCT and Diablo Sport. Even all the way back to the days of Auto Logic. They guy has more than enough experience to tune ANYTHING and I mean anything. He normally tunes onthe conservative side for street cars but can tune right to the edge or past it if you'd like. He does stand alone tuning, custom tuning on almost every kind of software, and even writes his own stuff for cars ranging from Fords to the almost impossible to tune Mercedes! He is extremely professional and truely a nice person as well. His prices are on par with all the other tuners out there.

So to answer the original question, save your money, don't buy a SCT tuner. Steve at Power Train is more than qualified to take care of you, your car, and your tune.

thanks alot... the info/history helps...

Team Stillen

Established Member
jesus here we go again with "post count". My post count has nothing to do with my knowledge of these cars or this industry or the companies that work inside of it. No one is calling anyone names. Just stating the fact that the guys asked about Powertrain Dynamics. RET/Greg is an EXTREMELY talented tuner and deserves every ounce of the respect he has gained here but he wasn't the topic of conversation. So I just wanted to give this individual an educated response on Powertrain Dynamics and the owner Steve. I would say the same thing if someone here asked about where to install his McLeod clutch he just bought and people jumped on to tell him to sell his clutch and buy a SPEC!

If the topic was about where to go in OC to tune a car, fine, bring up your opinion. If the topic were about SCT tuners, sure, bring up your opinion. I'm just saying that telling a guy to sell his $400 product he already has just to go to a different tuner wasn't what he asked to hear. that is all.

I am sure everyone has their own opinion on Stillen as well. So we'll see if we can't get past the "Import" thing here and let people know that we have been a direct builder with Ford Motor Company on many project Mustangs for almost a decade and have been designing Mustang body parts, suspension parts, brake systems, and power mods for over 25 years. Staying power right now in this economy means alot.

So anyone that has anything constructive to say to us or even recommend products that you want to see for your cars (even if they dont exist yet) would be apprecaited. We have an amazing R&D facility as well as in house fabrication, exhaust manufacturing, body moulding factory, and suspension engineers ready to go on new products for the Cobras. We are looking to market directly to all of you and the Terminator crowd as a whole. Our installation facility in Costa Mesa is just a bonus for the local Sourthern Cali guys!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
^stillen a couple years ago me and wifey went to a huge infiniti event/dyno day at your facility (she has a g35) and you guys def have a nice setup! that's interesting to hear and i will be on the outlook for new ford products, etc. :thumbsup:

Team Stillen

Established Member
We normally have over 1,000 Nissan vehicles show up to our official Nissan Infiniti day. We had a Ford Performance day but the weather made if ill timed. We are going to have another MUCH BIGGER Ford day coming up this year where we will be getting in touch with all the forums as well as local car clubs. Hopefully we can get about 500 cars here. We will be doing complete facility tours of our shop as well as the area where we design new body kits and our R&D facility and CNC shop.

Hopefully we will have new products hitting the forums soon.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I was talking to Mike from diablo and he recomended them, anyone been there? My first choice is greg @ RET, but he pefers SCT... lemme know somethin fellas thanx.

ps. I have a predator

I was actually tuned by Greg at RET many, many, many times and I would never go to anyone else because he's always taken very good care of me and everyone I know. I'll be completely honest with you, I also had a DiabloSport Predator, but my friends were so adamant about me going with Greg that I just sold it and bought a SCT Tuner. I have absolutely no regrets about that; definitely a great decision.

I've also heard a lot of good things about Steve at Powertrain Dynamics, as well. As a matter of fact, I haven't heard anything negative about him which goes a long way with me (it's very rare) and he does utilize DiabloSport Predator's. I know 2 very fast drag Terminator's that only go to Steve and couldn't be more happy with his work. I also know of a few others that swear by him. With that being said, if Greg decided to move out of the country and I did something to [VET HNTR] that required me getting it retuned, I'd definitely go to Steve over anyone else.

Hope this helps. :beer:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
I had my 03 Cobra tuned with Steve @ powertrain..First just pullied and than with the ported eaton...Very nice guy and knows his shit really well , I had ZERO issues.
I would recommend steve , hes a very busy guy though .,....Extremly professional..

G04cobra

Established Member
I have zero complaints about him, you'll have better luck emailing him he rarely answers his phone due to his professionalism. He will never answer a call while he is tuning. He will answer your questions and give you his honest recommendations. He does tune conservatively unless you tell him otherwise.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
jesus here we go again with "post count". My post count has nothing to do with my knowledge of these cars or this industry or the companies that work inside of it. No one is calling anyone names. Just stating the fact that the guys asked about Powertrain Dynamics. RET/Greg is an EXTREMELY talented tuner and deserves every ounce of the respect he has gained here but he wasn't the topic of conversation. So I just wanted to give this individual an educated response on Powertrain Dynamics and the owner Steve. I would say the same thing if someone here asked about where to install his McLeod clutch he just bought and people jumped on to tell him to sell his clutch and buy a SPEC!

If the topic was about where to go in OC to tune a car, fine, bring up your opinion. If the topic were about SCT tuners, sure, bring up your opinion. I'm just saying that telling a guy to sell his $400 product he already has just to go to a different tuner wasn't what he asked to hear. that is all.

I am sure everyone has their own opinion on Stillen as well. So we'll see if we can't get past the "Import" thing here and let people know that we have been a direct builder with Ford Motor Company on many project Mustangs for almost a decade and have been designing Mustang body parts, suspension parts, brake systems, and power mods for over 25 years. Staying power right now in this economy means alot.

So anyone that has anything constructive to say to us or even recommend products that you want to see for your cars (even if they dont exist yet) would be apprecaited. We have an amazing R&D facility as well as in house fabrication, exhaust manufacturing, body moulding factory, and suspension engineers ready to go on new products for the Cobras. We are looking to market directly to all of you and the Terminator crowd as a whole. Our installation facility in Costa Mesa is just a bonus for the local Sourthern Cali guys!

kool shit man, stand up guy right here^... thanks for your input.

I was actually tuned by Greg at RET many, many, many times and I would never go to anyone else because he's always taken very good care of me and everyone I know. I'll be completely honest with you, I also had a DiabloSport Predator, but my friends were so adamant about me going with Greg that I just sold it and bought a SCT Tuner. I have absolutely no regrets about that; definitely a great decision.

I've also heard a lot of good things about Steve at Powertrain Dynamics, as well. As a matter of fact, I haven't heard anything negative about him which goes a long way with me (it's very rare) and he does utilize DiabloSport Predator's. I know 2 very fast drag Terminator's that only go to Steve and couldn't be more happy with his work. I also know of a few others that swear by him. With that being said, if Greg decided to move out of the country and I did something to [VET HNTR] that required me getting it retuned, I'd definitely go to Steve over anyone else.

Hope this helps. :beer:

thanks man that helps:beer:

I had my 03 Cobra tuned with Steve @ powertrain..First just pullied and than with the ported eaton...Very nice guy and knows his shit really well , I had ZERO issues.
I would recommend steve , hes a very busy guy though .,....Extremly professional..

I have zero complaints about him, you'll have better luck emailing him he rarely answers his phone due to his professionalism. He will never answer a call while he is tuning. He will answer your questions and give you his honest recommendations. He does tune conservatively unless you tell him otherwise.
I called twice and he answered the 2nd time... very very very polite guy...

now here is the curve ball fellas... I actually spoke to GREG @RET as well, for 450 (I believe he said) I will get a used xcal2 and a custum dyno tune from him...
Steve @PD said he will tune my car between 3-400 bux with the predator... lets just say its 400 from PD, the diff between the two is 50 dollars... thats nuthing... LOL decision decisions

ret_junior

LS7 HNTR
Established Member
I would look at it this way. I bet one of them tunes more cars in a week then one does a month. You see many mustang shops popping up then going out of business. Or mustang shops that will start doing other cars also, or shops that do other cars and start doing mustangs. RET has always only worked/tuned on mustangs/lightnings and never ventured anywhere else. I wonder why. :beer: Good luck on your decision. Just make sure your a/f is getting read in the bung and not a tail pipe sniffer.

Users who are viewing this thread