anyone get tunned by Powertrain Dynamics in Hunington Beach?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
how do I make sure of that???

Have an O2 sensor bung welded into your midpipe in front of the cats. Always the best way to get readings during a tune or for a Wideband Gauge in the car.

Also, consider who is easier to get to. Unless your car is 100% done, you will need retunes and other tweaks down the line.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
I would look at it this way. I bet one of them tunes more cars in a week then one does a month. You see many mustang shops popping up then going out of business. Or mustang shops that will start doing other cars also, or shops that do other cars and start doing mustangs. RET has always only worked/tuned on mustangs/lightnings and never ventured anywhere else. I wonder why. :beer: Good luck on your decision. Just make sure your a/f is getting read in the bung and not a tail pipe sniffer.

There you have it!!!! :rockon:

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
Have an O2 sensor bung welded into your midpipe in front of the cats. Always the best way to get readings during a tune or for a Wideband Gauge in the car.

Also, consider who is easier to get to. Unless your car is 100% done, you will need retunes and other tweaks down the line.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/22734/10002/-1?CT=999
^^^that what you are talkin about?
i dont have cats, so just put it in the same location you described?

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Moroso 22734 Moroso O2 Sensor Bung Plug
^^^that what you are talkin about?
i dont have cats, so just put it in the same location you described?

No that's just the plug.

You need the bung as well which is threaded and welds onto the pipe.

t_18054.gif

Without cats just put it as close to the collector as you can while remaining accessible by a Tuner.

Most local custom exhaust shops should have them.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
No that's just the plug.

You need the bung as well which is threaded and welds onto the pipe.

t_18054.gif

Without cats just put it as close to the collector as you can while remaining accessible by a Tuner.

Most local custom exhaust shops should have them.

oops... I sent the wrong link. anyway i just called a shop down the street 20 bux...

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
jesus here we go again with "post count". My post count has nothing to do with my knowledge of these cars or this industry or the companies that work inside of it. No one is calling anyone names. Just stating the fact that the guys asked about Powertrain Dynamics. RET/Greg is an EXTREMELY talented tuner and deserves every ounce of the respect he has gained here but he wasn't the topic of conversation. So I just wanted to give this individual an educated response on Powertrain Dynamics and the owner Steve. I would say the same thing if someone here asked about where to install his McLeod clutch he just bought and people jumped on to tell him to sell his clutch and buy a SPEC!

If the topic was about where to go in OC to tune a car, fine, bring up your opinion. If the topic were about SCT tuners, sure, bring up your opinion. I'm just saying that telling a guy to sell his $400 product he already has just to go to a different tuner wasn't what he asked to hear. that is all.

I am sure everyone has their own opinion on Stillen as well. So we'll see if we can't get past the "Import" thing here and let people know that we have been a direct builder with Ford Motor Company on many project Mustangs for almost a decade and have been designing Mustang body parts, suspension parts, brake systems, and power mods for over 25 years. Staying power right now in this economy means alot.

So anyone that has anything constructive to say to us or even recommend products that you want to see for your cars (even if they dont exist yet) would be apprecaited. We have an amazing R&D facility as well as in house fabrication, exhaust manufacturing, body moulding factory, and suspension engineers ready to go on new products for the Cobras. We are looking to market directly to all of you and the Terminator crowd as a whole. Our installation facility in Costa Mesa is just a bonus for the local Sourthern Cali guys!

I have been around the whole Mustang/Lightning "scene" for a while now and to be honest with u I have never heard anything negetive about Powertain Dynamics, like someone said earlier that's a rair thing. Even though I haven't had any car tuned at RET, I have spoke to Greg B4 and he's always been very helpful and very kind.

Team Stillen, what do u do there at Stillen?

Team Stillen

Established Member
Well Stillen has been designing parts for Mustangs and other domestic cars for over a decade but they have just never had anyone here who was able to make the push into the marketplace. So I was brought on to get the name out there and get people into our shop.

I am also going to be getting real advice from this forum specifically on the Terminators on parts that people want but just don't exist yet.

Our HQ is a 90,000sqft facility with a staff of powertrain, chassis and suspension engineers where we manfacture literally dozens of parts for our Mustangs along with other models. From control arms, to full exhaust systems/headers, urethane components, and even our own blower kits for certain models. We are also the North American distributor for AP Racing and I have gotten them to commit to produce 2 levels of braking systems for the SN95's. being as large as we are means we can offer the best deals to our customers.

Aside from that, we have our own design center where we design custom body parts, a full CNC shop with mass production capabilities, a giant second building for nothing but warehouse of parts, and a fabrication center as well. We build all of our own exahust systems in our facility and our service center is truly state of the art. I know everyone says it, but this place has it all. 6 bays, 4 racks, full computer alignment system with scaling and race chassis set ups, and full welding and cage capability. Oh and we have our own dyno but I would save that for power pulls for the time being.

We are going to be setting up a show this year for the Mustang guys. We have a show every year for Nissan cars where we get over 1000 cars here and I want to rival that with Mustangs. Anytime anyone local wants to come by, please feel free and we can show you around.

Team Stillen

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
Well Stillen has been designing parts for Mustangs and other domestic cars for over a decade but they have just never had anyone here who was able to make the push into the marketplace. So I was brought on to get the name out there and get people into our shop.

I am also going to be getting real advice from this forum specifically on the Terminators on parts that people want but just don't exist yet.

Our HQ is a 90,000sqft facility with a staff of powertrain, chassis and suspension engineers where we manfacture literally dozens of parts for our Mustangs along with other models. From control arms, to full exhaust systems/headers, urethane components, and even our own blower kits for certain models. We are also the North American distributor for AP Racing and I have gotten them to commit to produce 2 levels of braking systems for the SN95's. being as large as we are means we can offer the best deals to our customers.

Aside from that, we have our own design center where we design custom body parts, a full CNC shop with mass production capabilities, a giant second building for nothing but warehouse of parts, and a fabrication center as well. We build all of our own exahust systems in our facility and our service center is truly state of the art. I know everyone says it, but this place has it all. 6 bays, 4 racks, full computer alignment system with scaling and race chassis set ups, and full welding and cage capability. Oh and we have our own dyno but I would save that for power pulls for the time being.

We are going to be setting up a show this year for the Mustang guys. We have a show every year for Nissan cars where we get over 1000 cars here and I want to rival that with Mustangs. Anytime anyone local wants to come by, please feel free and we can show you around.

Team Stillen

:beer: I know what Stillen does, what's ur position at Stillen?

PM me I have a bunch of bright ideas. :idea:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
now here is the curve ball fellas... I actually spoke to GREG @RET as well, for 450 (I believe he said) I will get a used xcal2 and a custum dyno tune from him...
Steve @PD said he will tune my car between 3-400 bux with the predator... lets just say its 400 from PD, the diff between the two is 50 dollars... thats nuthing... LOL decision decisions

oh contraire moonfraire(sp?). with greg you get a used xcal AND a tune. with PD you get a tune using the predator you already have.

if you go with the xcal you can SELL your predator for about $200, and then your RET tune AND xcal will only have cost you $250 :beer:

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
oh contraire moonfraire(sp?). with greg you get a used xcal AND a tune. with PD you get a tune using the predator you already have.

if you go with the xcal you can SELL your predator for about $200, and then your RET tune AND xcal will only have cost you $250 :beer:

sold the preditor for 150 on monday and sold my old ford racing shorties this morning for 150 also...going to RET :beer: its closer to my house (better if i need retunes or have issues) and with the research ive done ive read about more people goin with RET. no disrespect to PD just got more responses and people have more experiences with RET. thinkin about some of your wheels... i was just at your website

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Steve is awesome.. I have been to their shop a few times, but was usually at Evosport for non-Mustang related stuff. Very knowledgeable tuner.

Greg @ RET is excellent as well. He tuned my car when his shop first opened years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread