Anyone from NC?

1slosvt

Established Member
cobra1718 said:
1slosvt said:
dude I think I talked to you today at the Exxon In t'ville let me know if that was you. I was driving the explorer and talked to you in the parking lot

Yeah that was me! Always nice to meet someone from the site. Your car looks GREAT!

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Hey, it's good to see so many NC'ers on here. We lived in Cameron for 3 yrs (Southern Pines area) and then years later we were in Mebane (Burlington area) for a couple of months.

We are facing the possibility of relocating to the Mooresville area. What is the Mustang scene like around there? How about racing? Drag and road course racing?

Brandon03SVT

Established Member
Mooresville, NC. Here for Nascar tech. Originally from Va., here for school. Only seen 7 or so cobras in town, nowhere to drag but out in the country or on I-77 if you have balls, which I don't. Local drag is 1/8th. Decent hook. about 10 minutes out.

catch m3

Established Member
I live in Hickory as well(or HKY as many refer to it as). I have a 300zx and a land rover as of now but im on the look out for a nice 97-01 cobra. Havent really made my mind up yet on which body styles i like. Cobra1718 what part of hickory are you from. Just wondering if you have seen the black 03 cobra vert making close to 700rwhp?

cobra1718

Established Member
catch m3 said:
I live in Hickory as well(or HKY as many refer to it as). I have a 300zx and a land rover as of now but im on the look out for a nice 97-01 cobra. Havent really made my mind up yet on which body tyles i like. Cobra1718 what part of hickory are you from. Just wondering if you have seen the black 03 cobra vert making close to 700rwhp?
No cant say I have. Only cobra I know of in town with that kind of HP is a red vert with black top. btw live close to MDI off of 321 on Grace Chapel

blk94cobra

Established Member
Hey all, newbie here. Has you can tell this is the first post for me on this board. I live in Charlotte and I am heavily involved with NASA-SE. I am the former chief of pit & grid and I am supposed to head up their time trial series this year. We need to get you folks out to the track and have some fun with us.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
holy shit!!! another white cobra in fayetteville! i didn't know it exsisted! nice mods by the way, i only got mgw short throw, k&n intake, and the billet flow irs brace.

brkntrxn

Established Member
Brandon03SVT said:
Mooresville, NC. Here for Nascar tech. Originally from Va., here for school. Only seen 7 or so cobras in town, nowhere to drag but out in the country or on I-77 if you have balls, which I don't. Local drag is 1/8th. Decent hook. about 10 minutes out.

Brandon - how far is the nearest 1/4 mile or road track?

catch m3

Established Member
one is an older guy that lives in hudson and the black on black on is brad's car its ungodly fast. his dad is a big wheel at mdi

91hatch

Established Member
Kernersville, NC here. Kinda in the middle of everything Winston, greensboro highpoint. not many mustangs around here that i ever see

1slosvt

Established Member
91hatch said:
Kernersville, NC here. Kinda in the middle of everything Winston, greensboro highpoint. not many mustangs around here that i ever see

Are you kidding!?!? Come on down to High point on a friday or saturday night when it gets warmer. :burnout: That's where we are!

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
there are tons of Mustangs in the Triad. High Point has a bunch, Burlington has a large gathering on saturdays in the summertime

as for 1/4 miles in NC, there is Rockingham
road courses, there is Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC, and there is Virginia International Raceway (VIR), just over the NC border in VA(near Danville, VA)

brkntrxn

Established Member
nckissfan said:
as for 1/4 miles in NC, there is Rockingham
road courses, there is Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC, and there is Virginia International Raceway (VIR), just over the NC border in VA(near Danville, VA)

Thanks. From what I remember from living there before and from what I can find on the internet, there seems to be a ton of 1/8th mile tracks, but I prefer 1/4's.

Users who are viewing this thread