anyone ever use meth injection??

klep2024

Established Member
Nice setup chris98...im actually about to pick up a devils own setup..how do you like it? A couple guys at work running SRT-4's know Chance (who co-own's devils own performance) so theyre gonna hook me up :thumbsup:

SonicStang03

Established Member
Here is mine i have the AIS stage 2 kit with adustable boost controller,my tuner set mine to start gradually spraying from 4500rpms+. Also make sure you upgrade to stainless lines this way you never have to worry about a line cracking. Mine is not even halfway empty and the last time it was filled is when it was first installed in January.

iv heard the meth eats the coating off the rotors on the s/c. and scratches the blades and ruins the bearings? have you had any problems?

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Just got my AIS Stage 1 Trunk Kit today...

DSC_4029.jpg

DSC_4030.jpg

DSC_4031.jpg

SonicStang03

Established Member
got mine in about a week ago... its all installed. it installed very very easy but iv heard its bad to spray before the blower cause it eats the coating on the rotors. thats why im not sure if i should spray befor or after the blower?

should i spray after the blower?

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
got mine in about a week ago but iv heard its bad to spray before the blower cause it eats the coating on the rotors. thats why im not sure if i should spray befor or after the blower?

If you have the eaton or twinscrew style, yeah I've heard the same thing. In the instructions that came with my kit, it says you have to drill and tap the lower intake manifold to spray after the the blower.

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
Nice setup chris98...im actually about to pick up a devils own setup..how do you like it? A couple guys at work running SRT-4's know Chance (who co-own's devils own performance) so theyre gonna hook me up :thumbsup:

It is a very good kit. I am into technology and loved the progressive controller. It works well and their support is excellent. I wish more Mustang guys would check them out instead of only following the lemmings.

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
iv heard the meth eats the coating off the rotors on the s/c. and scratches the blades and ruins the bearings? have you had any problems?

Nope - Not true. Keep in mind that you don't spray it 100% of the time either. I find it cleans the heck out of my engine actually.

SonicStang03

Established Member
yeah well ppl on 3.8 mustang called eaton and eaton says its best to spray after the blower. they told us that it does eat the coating off the blades and that it will make the blower lose eficiency.

post #95 and down covers all of this
[ame=http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4150254#post4150254]THE methanol injection thread - Page 4 - 3.8 Mustang Message Board[/ame]

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
I see. you didn't specify. Perhaps that is true with PD blowers. I believe those are coated. Centrifigual don't have a coating and it is easy to spray after the blower on these anyhow. Most blowers don't fall into that category.

SonicStang03

Established Member
well i dont see what could be bad about spraying after the blower so i think thats what im going to do

SonicStang03

Established Member
i have a a lil diff setup than u if you look at my sig :) it wont be as hard. just time consuming.

Users who are viewing this thread