anyone ever use meth injection??

SonicStang03

Established Member
just been talking to a lotta guys on 3.8mustang and they said meth is a great way to make more power on a boosted car... but is it safe??? see my sc doesnt have a cooling system and the thing thats killing my power most is hot air.... so what the guys on 3.8 mustang are starting to look into is meth injection. some are pulling 25* of timing and geting 15 psi out of it. from what i understand is meth sprays only when i would be in boost and the further into boost i get the more it sprays. its set up like n20 where it just sprays into the intake before the TB to make the incomming air cooler. the snow meth kits are the ones im looking into that have a low water light. this is my dd so im going to have to get a HUGE tank and make it as safe as possible. what i was going to do was get a 3 or 4 gallon tank that will lay in the spot for my spare in the trunk. i heard that 2 gallons can last a couple weeks if u drive like you would normally drive?

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Here is mine i have the AIS stage 2 kit with adustable boost controller,my tuner set mine to start gradually spraying from 4500rpms+. Also make sure you upgrade to stainless lines this way you never have to worry about a line cracking. Mine is not even halfway empty and the last time it was filled is when it was first installed in January.

Last edited:

SonicStang03

Established Member
Here is mine i have the AIS stage 2 kit with adustable boost controller,my tuner set mine to start gradually spraying from 4500rpms+. Also make sure you upgrade to stainless lines this way you never have to worry about a line cracking. Mine is not even halfway empty and the last time it was filled is when it was first installed in January.

is it ur DD tho? how big is ur tank?

THAITED

Established Member

I have snow perf and wondered if that stainless line will work. Where did you buy it.

SonicStang03

Established Member
did u get a lot of power out of ur meth setup? and y didnt u go with a snow performance meth kit.

if i was to get that kit would i need the controller? or just the stage one kit??? like do u do a lot of tuning on it after you get the car tuned

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
I don't know how much you gained of the snow kit, some people get like 60 rwhp (that's what they claimed)but I just use it to cool of my IAT and blower.

SonicStang03

Established Member
i was jw cause iv really only heard of ppl using the snow kit. im hoping for a little better gains since i dont have any kind of intercooler setup and im and sucking in strictly hot air

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I went with this kit because that's who my tuner dealt with. Ive seen these kits on other cars through him and they were a great constructed kit so i didn't even think twice about looking at another company. The kit i have allows you to manually log in when and what rpms you want the meth spraying my tuner said it is also easier/more accurate to tune with. The stage 1 kit just sprays as you build boost but i personally have not touched it since he set it though.

Last edited:

SonicStang03

Established Member
was it a pretty easy install? iv installed nitrous before... i would imagine its pretty similar

chinchilla

Established Member
meth is safe, and reliable, set it to start spraying after a certain rpm, say 4,000, the more boost, the more meth it sprays. It allows you to run more boost w/ less heat and prevents detonation. Its a great alternative if you can't run an intercooler for some reason. go for it

SonicStang03

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread