anyone ever use meth injection??

Taunto

Established Member
I also heard tho, if your running a roots style blower, the Meth has to be sprayed under the blower. Because the meth will eat away at the rotors on the blower... is this true?

SonicStang03

Established Member
i heard this too... i would have to use brake cleaner and steel whool and get the coating off the rotors. cause it only eats at the coating on them

01yellercobra

Established Member
Anyone ever had one of these pumps go bad on them, and then your motor say "uh oh"?

or run out of water? then your motor says the same thing...

A buddy of mine had just had his car tuned and jumped on it while getting on the freeway. He was rewarded with a ton of detonation. The hose to activate the meth popped off. So you should keep an ear open just in case. I think some guys have an LED to show it's working.

sprusak1

G.R.E.A.D tuned
Established Member
I have a bright blue LED mounted on the bottom of my speedo bezel, it wired so it lights up when the meth is spraying. No light = no meth

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
If tuned right you will always be safe. I have a light that tells me when my tank is out of fluid, but even more important is that I have my tune set to pull timing if intake temps are high. There is a table for timing that can easily be adjusted to protect you.

I have had my nozzle get plugged and it wasn't spraying. I could tell that the car felt sluggish but it was safe.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
If tuned right you will always be safe. I have a light that tells me when my tank is out of fluid, but even more important is that I have my tune set to pull timing if intake temps are high. There is a table for timing that can easily be adjusted to protect you.

I have had my nozzle get plugged and it wasn't spraying. I could tell that the car felt sluggish but it was safe.

Thats a good idea! What do you use for tuning? I have an SCT X-Cal2. Wonder if my tuner can do that with his software.

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
I have 4 different tuning packages including SCT. You can do that with any one of them. Any tuner who doesn't know how to do this should be fired.

SonicStang03

Established Member

so you thinks its all around a pretty safe thing to have?

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
No - the more timing you pull the safer it would be. I run 24 degrees at peak RPM/boost but pull it down by as much as 8 degrees based on temps, if I recall.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
and the less timing i would pull the safer it would be correct?

No - the more timing you pull the safer it would be. I run 24 degrees at peak RPM/boost but pull it down by as much as 8 degrees based on temps, if I recall.

I could be totally wrong, but I think there is a communication problem here.

I think you are both saying the same thing, just the word "pull" in sonic's statement might mean "run".

But, like Chris98 said...if your air temps go up...timing goes down.

In his example:

low air temp = WOT 24 degrees timing

high air temp = WOT 16 degrees timing (or less)

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I have 4 different tuning packages including SCT. You can do that with any one of them. Any tuner who doesn't know how to do this should be fired.

I was wondering, where is your AIT sensor located?

Wouldn't the meth be spraying in the motor close to the throttle body...after the AIT sensor? If so, the AIT sensor would not notice any change in compressed air temperature whether the meth was spraying or not.

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
My IAT is in the inlet tube about 4" before the TB the jet for the meth is about 8" before the IAT and between the MAF and IAT. The IAT certainly sees the temp reduction.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
My IAT is in the inlet tube about 4" before the TB the jet for the meth is about 8" before the IAT and between the MAF and IAT. The IAT certainly sees the temp reduction.

ahh ok, cool. Do you have any pictures of your setup? I'd like to see how you located your nozzle and AIT in the pipe. :beer:

SonicStang03

Established Member
my AIT sensor is under the s/c in the front of the adaptor plate... so it sees the heated temps of the air going into the engine after the blower. that would still work if i make my meth spray before the blower correct?

SonicStang03

Established Member
snowperformance.net theres diff kits for diff cars. the guys i know is using the stage 2 boost cooler

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
ahh ok, cool. Do you have any pictures of your setup? I'd like to see how you located your nozzle and AIT in the pipe. :beer:

Here you go. I run the Devils Own progressive system. IMHO one of the best available. 102 outside today and under 75 degrees at WOT. Amazing - feels like a cool day in spring the way it runs.
Inlet1s.jpg

Inlet3s.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread