Anyone ever stayed at this place in sanibel?

prs97

Established Member
Just got back from Sanibel. We stayed over by the lighthouse.

Very laid back place. Nice beaches but they're fighting a bit of red tide at the moment.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
looks nice enough. Most places in Sanibel are decent. My wife's grandparents own a place and live there in the winter. We go and visit every year. My wife said she thinks it is good and she has been going to Sanibel her entire life. The red tide killed the fishing this year but anytime on a boat in Florida beats winter in the Northeast.

Go to Sweet Melissa's and Traders for a good meal, not cheap but its your honeymoon. Doc Fords is decent and def. hit the Bubble Room for dessert.

UncleAnt

Established Member
Ive got a house about 5 miles away from sanibel.Everything in the area is pretty nice to be honest,its a tourist area with money.I had a few friends that worked there for awhile and liked it

you shouldnt have any problems aside from the 6$ bridge toll if you plan on coming from the island into town at all

Last edited:

04owmach

Established Member
Thanks guys, We went ahead and booked this place last night so it should be a good time. We will be there over 4th of july too so it will be cool to see the fireworks while we are there.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I used to deliver there, nice place. I see you're going in July, so traffic should be a little better, but it'll be warm. Have fun.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Be sure to visit the J.N. "Ding Darling" National Wildlife Refuge & Bird Sanctuary. We went there when the kids were young and had an awesome time. The one thing I loved about this wildlife refuge is that you got to see and get up close to (if you dared) the gators. I think they keep the gators fed so there isn't much danger to tourists. Just neat to see them (some were really large) up close in their natural environment.

You'll probably want to do some shelling (walking the beach looking for neat shells) while you're there. It's renowned for the shells and sand dollars washed up from the Gulf of Mexico.

You'll have a great time on Sanibel Island for sure. Be sure to bring your camera.

Users who are viewing this thread